Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can we change r mascot to an armadillo

Started by holman24, October 16, 2017, 12:05:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

holman24

Because we like to play dead and get killed on the road!!!!

PorkRinds

Can we refrain from posting thread titles that sound like a teen girl's text message?

factchecker

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 16, 2017, 12:07:51 pm
Can we refrain from posting thread titles that sound like a teen girl's text message?

We have weak and reactionary fans...... they can't help but to react a certain way.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

GO

Supposed to be a Opossum not an Armadillo. Opossums play dead. Old Joke.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Perhaps an armadillo gives a boost recruiting in TX

longpig

Quote from: GO on October 16, 2017, 12:14:44 pm
Supposed to be a Opossum not an Armadillo. Opossums play dead. Old Joke.

Possum doesn't start with an O this side of the 36 30.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Tejano Jawg

Seriously, I did have a thought that we should at least go back to Cardinals until we play with more pride. Then we can earn the name "Razorbacks" back.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

PorkRinds

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on October 16, 2017, 12:22:06 pm
Seriously, I did have a thought that we should at least go back to Cardinals until we play with more pride. Then we can earn the name "Razorbacks" back.

Seriously, that's a terrible idea.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I thought you were gonna say because we get hit in the mouth and just roll up
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

snoblind

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 16, 2017, 12:21:54 pm
What's with these weak newb posts? ???

Holman's not a newb.  Could have brought it more for a return to the board.

holman24

Sorry for such a lame thread but just tried of the same old threads over and over

GO

Quote from: longpig on October 16, 2017, 12:20:09 pm
Possum doesn't start with an O this side of the 36 30.
It wouldn't matter which spelling I chose some goob was gonna correct it!

jgphillips3

I'm pretty sure that would just be a bunch of emojis and acronyms, which his thread does not have. 😉

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 16, 2017, 12:25:39 pm
Seriously, that's a terrible idea.

And what is going on right now that is NOT terrible?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

PorkRinds

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on October 16, 2017, 01:38:14 pm
And what is going on right now that is NOT terrible?

Well, quality football wise, sure. Doesn't make a dumb idea any less dumb.

AirWarren

Quote from: holman24 on October 16, 2017, 12:05:53 pm

I hate Facebook, instagram. Especially when old people get their hands on something.

This is the thousandth time I've heard this joke or renditions of this joke sent to my phone via text.

Let it go.

Razorbackers

Hey can we not take terrible facebook posts and turn them into even worse hogville threads?

kthxbai

AirWarren

Quote from: Razorbackers on October 16, 2017, 02:56:21 pm
Hey can we not take terrible facebook posts and turn them into even worse hogville threads?

kthxbai

Bingo.

HognotinMemphis

Now I see how you are over 32,000 comments and averaging 23 per day since registering for Hogville.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

PorkRinds

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 16, 2017, 02:58:25 pm
Now I see how you are over 32,000 comments and averaging 23 per day since registering for Hogville.

You mad, young lady?

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Grag T

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Might as well give up on your team, because you've given up on The King's English...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on October 16, 2017, 03:19:52 pm
Might as well give up on your team, because you've given up on The King's English...

Reminds me of The King's Speech...

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

The OTR

It's good to see Holman back on Hogville. He and Harry Rex had some ugly moments and it's good that Holman rose above his nonsense, took a break, allowed Harry Rex to hang himself (took some time) and now he's back where he belongs.

Welcome home, young man!

Grag T

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

The OTR

Quote from: Grag T on October 16, 2017, 03:53:42 pm
Pillowhead's avatar  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nothing much harder to look at the a bug eyed Gus...unless it's your avatar or Wayne's.

snoblind

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 03:50:01 pm
It's good to see Holman back on Hogville. He and Harry Rex had some ugly moments and it's good that Holman rose above his nonsense, took a break, allowed Harry Rex to hang himself (took some time) and now he's back where he belongs.

Welcome home, young man!

Band is almost back together.  Ward is OTR isn't he? 

Grag T

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 03:57:54 pm
Nothing much harder to look at the a bug eyed Gus...unless it's your avatar or Wayne's.

Ol' boogie from youtube fame.  Has lost 100 pounds and counting recently; he also lives in Fayetteville too... don't know if he's much of a football guy unfortunately.

The OTR

Quote from: Grag T on October 16, 2017, 04:00:11 pm
Ol' boogie from youtube fame.  Has lost 100 pounds and counting recently; he also lives in Fayetteville too... don't know if he's much of a football guy unfortunately.

Looks like a guy I know who drives a Schwan's truck around here peddling salisbury steaks and beer battered alaskan cod to housewives on a budget.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: AP85 on October 16, 2017, 01:47:10 pm
I hate Facebook, instagram. Especially when old people get their hands on something.

This is the thousandth time I've heard this joke or renditions of this joke sent to my phone via text.

Let it go.
Yep, including the one about the little boy who keeps getting beaten.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Ward on October 16, 2017, 04:08:54 pm
"lame" doesn't even begin to describe it

this thread is terrible
So many terrible ones here lately.

Razorbackers

this thread is terrible

Did your "brass" sources tell you that one?

PonderinHog

this thread is terrible
Says the newbie.  Stick around, son.  You might learn something.

holman24

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 03:50:01 pm

Welcome home, young man!

Thanks been a while but I do enjoy the board. 

Rayzback

Does anyone have a good armidillo egg recipe? Asking for a friend.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

The OTR

Quote from: holman24 on October 16, 2017, 05:04:44 pm
Thanks been a while but I do enjoy the board.

Well after you left the general consensus was that we wished you had stayed and Harry Rex had left.  Lots of folks were saying that. I know I was. ]

Took a while but Hogville is a better place with Holman and without Harry Rex and his gang of ne'erdowells, some of whom still lurk around here but generally mind their manner without their queen mother around to stir things up.

HardCore

Replace Chuck with Rob Schneider as Play-by-Play Announcer
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Hawgphat

Perhaps the legendary "Phoenix" - the fantasy bird which reportedly "rose from the ashes" - could epitomize the eternal hope of the long-suffering Razorback faithful that our downtrodden football program might conceivably one day "rise from the ashes" of devastation.

Three and Snout

Quote from: snoblind on October 16, 2017, 03:59:15 pm
Band is almost back together.  Ward is OTR isn't he?

Ward gives me an HRV vibe.  Pillowhead has to be OTR.  They may both be PWJ...

TexArkHogFan

Anybody ever try to shoot an armadillo?  I moved to Toledo Bend down in Louisiana when I retired from the Navy and we had an armadillo come in our yard and was digging holes in it.  On evening we were sitting outside and here he come making his rounds.  My wife jumped up and grabbed a shotgun and started firing away.  Now she was a pretty good shot, she once was on a rifle team in the Navy, but that Armadillo started jumping around like a scared rabbit.  Shotgun pellets were flying everywhere  bouncing off the side of the house hitting trees and bushes and even bouncing off the armadillo.  He looked like he was enjoying it and was making a game out it.  I was laughing so hard I nearly peed in my pants until she turned and gave me that look that a woman is notorious for only this one had a shotgun in her hands.  I ducked and hid behind a tree just in case.  After all the shooting stopped I looked around and that armadillo had done hightailed it out of there.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on October 17, 2017, 07:23:45 am
Anybody ever try to shoot an armadillo?  I moved to Toledo Bend down in Louisiana when I retired from the Navy and we had an armadillo come in our yard and was digging holes in it.  On evening we were sitting outside and here he come making his rounds.  My wife jumped up and grabbed a shotgun and started firing away.  Now she was a pretty good shot, she once was on a rifle team in the Navy, but that Armadillo started jumping around like a scared rabbit.  Shotgun pellets were flying everywhere  bouncing off the side of the house hitting trees and bushes and even bouncing off the armadillo.  He looked like he was enjoying it and was making a game out it.  I was laughing so hard I nearly peed in my pants until she turned and gave me that look that a woman is notorious for only this one had a shotgun in her hands.  I ducked and hid behind a tree just in case.  After all the shooting stopped I looked around and that armadillo had done hightailed it out of there.

From the sounds of your encounter, the trees might not have been the safest place to hide.