Previous topic - Next topic

swine pone

His team should be ready for the Hogs.

Ā 

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

farmhawg

Hell no. Guss needs to stay out of this state.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

secfan30

......... So sick of the Gus crowd. Why get a coach who can't do it with top ten talent?

JoeyCapital

There's one simple, foolproof way to make sure Gus is your head coach.

Go cheer for Auburn.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Pork Twain

WTH do people want Gus, Richt or Miles?  These guys are unable to get it done with tons of support and very fertile recruiting areas, but for some reason they are going to be able to come here and all of a sudden switch from doing less with more to more with less?  Does that really seem logical?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

elksnort

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 15, 2017, 09:59:48 am
WTH do people want Gus, Richt or Miles?  These guys are unable to get it done with tons of support and very fertile recruiting areas, but for some reason they are going to be able to come here and all of a sudden switch from doing less with more to more with less?  Does that really seem logical?
It's not logical at all. All 3 mentioned are good coaches. The University of Arkansas needs a very good to great coach to win 8+ games.

Ex-Trumpet

I think the reasoning must lie in the fact any of these guys would do better than what we are currently witnessing.  Would they do better than what they are doing/did at their respective schools?  I seriously doubt it.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Athog

No it is not logical. Hey let's take a coach who failed somewhere else. Thankfully these people have no say.

ricepig

Quote from: farmhawg on October 15, 2017, 09:57:29 am
Hell no. Guss needs to stay out of this state.

Unfortunately, they'll let him in to coach this game, but he won't ever be our HC.....

swine pone

From the Auburn message board-
Gus..."Really at halftime we felt good." Sums up why we lost the game. He thought one good quarter meant the game was over. That not only affected the playcalling but also the mentality of the team. They were playing not lose and wanted to escape with a win, which is mindboggling considering they were by far the better team.

I heard Gus once used "Rock" 37 times in a row during a game of Rock Paper Sciccors. Because no one would ever expect it.

Gus is an incompetent boob who looks like he's trying to get fired. There really can be no other logical excuse.

Ā 

sowmonella

Quote from: golf2day on October 15, 2017, 09:59:00 am
There's one simple, foolproof way to make sure Gus is your head coach.

Go cheer for Auburn.

This ^^^^^^^^^ :puke:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Tusks

I don't know which is worse.

The BB crowd or the Gus crowd.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ricepig

Quote from: tusked on October 15, 2017, 10:33:59 am
I don't know which is worse.

The BB crowd or the Gus crowd.

Oh, that's real simple, one is the coach of the Razorbacks until fired, the other isn't.

DoctorSusscrofa

Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

rhog1

RebelliousHog

Quote from: swine pone on October 15, 2017, 09:54:34 am

Assuming this were the case, why would beating a admittedly poorly coached Arkansas team be an audition? 

An audition is based on your best work. Now Alabama would be an audition.

Oh, wait. His BEST work.

Sat, Sept 2    vs Ga Southern W 41-7 GS is 0-everything
Sat, Sept 9    @ Clemson L 14-6   Judging by Syracuse Clemson ain't all that
Sat, Sept 16 vs Mercer W 24-10 Really? Mercer?
Sat, Sept 23 @ Missouri W 51-14 No big thing, really.
Sat, Sept 30 vs Miss St W 49-10  Maybe this?
Sat, Oct 7   vs Ole Miss W 44-23  Miss in disarray
Sat, Oct 14    @ LSU L 27-23    LMAO

Judging by past game MissSt would be his audition.   

After us they have TAMU, Georgia, ULM, Bama.  2 of those 4 are auditions if you really think we would want to hire that sanctimonious, nose picking dweeb.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />ā€•Leonardo da Vinci

Redhogs

Quote from: ricepig on October 15, 2017, 10:35:31 am
Oh, that's real simple, one is the coach of the Razorbacks until fired, the other isn't.
Simple.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

HiggiePiggy

It's not that they failed they just couldn't meet the expectation of those programs.  Our expectations aren't as high as those programs.  Majority of us would be happy with a coach that can come in here and average 8 wins a season.  That would mean a few 10 and 11 wins with some 6 and 7s every now and then.   
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hotdog hog

1-Was a very successful high school coach in this state
2-Was a pretty good offensive coordinator at the UA
3-Continued to be a good offensive coordinator at other stops including winning a national championship with Cam and Auburn.
4-Was successful head coach at AState
5-Coached into the National Championship at Auburn and with another minute or two likely would have won it.
6-Proven to be a good recruiter in the state of Arkansas and nationally.
7- We could probably get him locked up long term.
No, let's don't let facts get in the way of a petty vendetta of a dozen years ago. I promise you there is no one out there we would have an outside shot of getting any better that has any kind of track record. LSU gave up Les Miles for Farmer Fred. And as much as most of you guys hate to acknowledge this. LSU is a 10x better gig!

JoeyCapital

Quote from: hotdog hog on October 15, 2017, 11:11:16 am
3-Continued to be a good offensive coordinator at other stops including winning a national championship with Cam and Auburn.
5-Coached into the National Championship at Auburn and with another minute or two likely would have won it.
No, let's don't let facts get in the way of a petty vendetta of a dozen years ago. I promise you there is no one out there we would have an outside shot of getting any better that has any kind of track record. LSU gave up Les Miles for Farmer Fred. And as much as most of you guys hate to acknowledge this. LSU is a 10x better gig!
2 simple reasons I don't ever want him here-
1) he coached Auburn
2) his wife
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

secfan30

He has top 10 talent every year and what has he done each year?

Ā 

LZH

I have never understood the love/hate for Gus. But honestly ask yourself - after four-plus years with him as our coach, do you honestly believe we'd be this bad?

TeufelHog

They're going to kick our teeth in next weekend.  Gus will not "hold back the hounds" like Saban did last night.  One of the big reasons why . . . Gus is being crushed by his fans for not finishing opponents.  My son attends Auburn and the fan-base has been calling for his job since the Clemson loss.  OBTW, Auburn's defense is just as good as Bama's and their offense is running all over people because Kerryon Johnson is healthy.

Very hard to physically recover in 6 days after the expenditure of effort our Hogs gave at Bama.  We just don't have the depth.  Anticipate a worse score against Auburn this weekend.

rhog1

You do realize Farmer Fred just beat mediocre Gus. We should sure do everything we can to get a coach who under performs year in and year out with top talent. 

secfan30

Quote from: LZH on October 15, 2017, 11:28:29 am
I have never understood the love/hate for Gus. But honestly ask yourself - after four-plus years with him as our coach, do you honestly believe we'd be this bad?

I neither love nor hate him. I'm just curious how his recruiting would have been a Arkansas and what he would have done with that talent.

Dark Helmet Hog

The time for Gus has passed and there are a lot of burned bridges.

hotdog hog

Petrino lost to Boston College at home yesterday as a 3 TD favorite and has three losses now, but most would take him back in a minute. And he got creamed by Farmer Fred last year at a neutral site and weeks to prepare. Malzahn is a good coach, like him or not. I'll be on board with Skip Holtz or his equal in coaching if that's who we have to sign. My point was Malzahn would likely be better than anyone we will likely sign. I stand by that.

Hogvillage Idiot

Why would gus want to leave a good job for a bad job?  He's no longer interested in the job here so please  move along just as he has.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 15, 2017, 12:02:25 pm
The time for Gus has passed and there are a lot of burned bridges.

I keep hearing that there are burnt bridges, yet I've not heard what those bridges are.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 15, 2017, 12:10:26 pm
I keep hearing that there are burnt bridges, yet I've not heard what those bridges are.

They're out there in numbers. Gus ticked a lot of people off before a left. For starters, he screwed the Springdale kids just as bad as Nutt ever did.

ur

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on October 15, 2017, 12:08:57 pm
Why would gus want to leave a good job for a bad job?  He's no longer interested in the job here so please  move along just as he has.
He may not have a choice if he loses to Georgia and Bama.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

longpig

Quote from: golf2day on October 15, 2017, 11:23:16 am
2 simple reasons I don't ever want him here-
1) he coached Auburn
2) his wife

1 simple reason I don't ever want him here-
1) his wife
Don't be scared, be smart.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: LZH on October 15, 2017, 11:28:29 am
Yeah, I've never understood it either.  And no, we would not be this bad.

And now, let's get back to celebrating the big loss from yesterday.

(notOM)Rebel123

Regarding #5....another minute or 2? Ha! A lot of teams can say that. You can also say that if it wasn't for the miracle tipped ball vs UGA and the "kick 6", he doesn't even play for the SEC Title.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: secfan30 on October 15, 2017, 11:36:00 am
I neither love nor hate him. I'm just curious how his recruiting would have been a Arkansas and what he would have done with that talent.
I know of a couple of QB's who probably would have run all over the place, but we really don't know how much of a dual threat they would have been.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

WaltonCollege

HAHA Good Stuff.  Auburn is a recruiting powerhouse, they're churning 4 and 5 star talents into NFL monsters on the field.  Gus isn't going to come here and make his life harder.

Con el Cerdos

I'm not a Gus advocate nor do I think he would choose to come to Arkansas if offered.

That said.  How could he be any worse coach than what we've had for 15 of the last 20 years?  Just saying . . .  I don't get the rancor.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: WaltonCollege on October 15, 2017, 12:35:07 pm
HAHA Good Stuff.  Auburn is a recruiting powerhouse, they're churning 4 and 5 star talents into NFL monsters on the field.  Gus isn't going to come here and make his life harder.

Put Atlanta between Conway & Russelville & I bet our recruiting improves too.

hotdog hog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 15, 2017, 12:28:25 pm
Regarding #5....another minute or 2? Ha! A lot of teams can say that. You can also say that if it wasn't for the miracle tipped ball vs UGA and the "kick 6", he doesn't even play for the SEC Title.
My point was he came close. He wasn't overmatched like many teams are. Hell Tennessee wouldn't have won the National Championship if Stoener doesn't fumble. Most teams can say that. They have good fortune whether it's a call or a turning point.
As for the wife comment. That's just a troll answer. Bret has a smoking hot wife and how has that worked out? Means nothing to me.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hotdog hog on October 15, 2017, 12:36:16 pm
My point was he came close. He wasn't overmatched like many teams are. Hell Tennessee wouldn't have won the National Championship if Stoener doesn't fumble. Most teams can say that. They have good fortune whether it's a call or a turning point.
As for the wife comment. That's just a troll answer. Bret has a smoking hot wife and how has that worked out? Means nothing to me.

Wife comment? Wasn't me

hotdog hog

Sorry Reb didn't mean to tie that to you.

gchamblee

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: swine pone on October 15, 2017, 09:54:34 am
Okay, and this has to do with some so called "audition" how ??? ::)

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 15, 2017, 12:16:04 pm
They're out there in numbers. Gus ticked a lot of people off before a left. For starters, he screwed the Springdale kids just as bad as Nutt ever did.

The Springdale kids got full rides to college; as a parent of a child in school--that does NOT have a full ride--I'm hard pressed to say those kids got screwed.

And, everyone ticks people off--especially in high profile positions.  Comes with the territory.  But I still haven't heard any specifics or why that makes him a bad person.  Nor have I heard from his supporters why he is a great person, for that matter.

(notOM)Rebel123

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: ur on October 15, 2017, 12:22:14 pm
He may not have a choice if he loses to Georgia and Bama.
Exactly.  NO choice; Arkansas will not be an option.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp