Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 29, 2024, 02:57:46 am

Flyover

Started by Sivad, September 06, 2017, 03:10:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sivad

4 FA-18F Super Hornets to fly over Razorback Stadium Saturday.
Woo Pig!

Sivad

OneTuskOverTheLine™

They have to be coming from The Joint Naval/Air station in Fort Worth... Could be for shock and awe. Wear your eclipse glasses.!!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

pigture perfect

That will be pretty cool.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Mo_Better_Hogs

Wow, can't wait. I'm excited just seeing the photos!

Smalltownhog95

The only way to make football even better. Add a flyover pregame to get the patriotic juices flowing.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

NuttinItUp

Go Hogs!!

Go Military!

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Pigsknuckles

Cool. I used to do inspection on the rear stabs and flaps. Even got to work on a few control surfaces from the Blue Angels.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

theFlyingHog

I hope they go to burner a mile out

DLUXHOG

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on September 06, 2017, 04:34:22 pm
They have to be coming from The Joint Naval/Air station in Fort Worth... Could be for shock and awe. Wear your eclipse glasses.!!!
Gazette article says they are from "Strike Fighter Squadron 11, which is stationed at Naval Air Station in Oceana, VA.   The squadron is nicknamed "Red Rippers" and deploys from the U.S.S. Harry S Truman."
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Justifiable Hogicide

The Blue Angels will be transitioning to the Super Hornets in 2018.
They are a real Woo Pig aircraft.

hamsam

Quote from: Sivad on September 06, 2017, 03:10:03 pm
4 FA-18F Super Hornets to fly over Razorback Stadium Saturday.
Woo Pig!
A true American bad-ass!!
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

factchecker

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 06, 2017, 09:41:30 pm
Gazette article says they are from "Strike Fighter Squadron 11, which is stationed at Naval Air Station in Oceana, VA.   The squadron is nicknamed "Red Rippers" and deploys from the U.S.S. Harry S Truman."

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Sivad

And you have to love their Woo Pig insignia:

lasthog

September 07, 2017, 03:37:59 am #15 Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 03:48:06 am by lasthog
Cool is the word.

The opening sequence of Top Gun still raises the hair on the back of my neck.

Been thinking, could they ever do a fly-over before an Auburn game when their winged mascot is aloft? Guess there would be too much variation in altitude for the feathers to fly though. ;)

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

CPO Hog

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on September 06, 2017, 10:48:54 pm
The Blue Angels will be transitioning to the Super Hornets in 2018.
They are a real Woo Pig aircraft.
I was in the Blues in the early 2000's and in El Centro CA when the Navy was doing maneuverability test with the Super Hornet. All the BA pilots would line up in front of our hanger and stare with admiration. The difference between the Hornet and Super Hornet is nigh and day.

DeltaBoy

Love a Fly over at a Football game.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

razorcash2

Weren't flyovers frowned upon a few years ago by military brass? I thought they had stopped, or were very limited.

When did they loosen up their tie again?

Maybe I'm wrong...

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

MTBrookHog

Quote from: razorcash2 on September 07, 2017, 10:44:47 am
Weren't flyovers frowned upon a few years ago by military brass? I thought they had stopped, or were very limited.

Maybe I'm wrong...
It was during the sequester period. My nephew was a crew chief with the Blue Angels at the time and they had their whole season cancelled because of this.

Psychohog

I remember when F-16's from Ft Smith would do the flyover and feeling "now that is power." This should be even better.
Never smarten up a chump.

theFlyingHog

I think what he meant was they won't fly right in from Oceana, fly over, and go straight back to Oceana. That's how I took it at least

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Good..! Didn't trust those fella's from FT Worth...  LOL.!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

STLhawg

Quote from: CPO Hog on September 07, 2017, 07:46:52 am
The difference between the Hornet and Super Hornet is nigh and day.
You got that right!  It is an entirely new airframe that is considerably larger.  I had a "close up" view of the first flight of the Super Hornet here in STL in the mid-90s.

FANONTHEHILL

This is posted on YouTube and wasn't filmed by me, but  B-2, followed by pounding Tennessee, makes for a good day.

https://youtu.be/HVhns8s-S5I
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

This is going to be pretty cool. The only flyover I've seen was the liberty bowl a couple years ago when the fedex plane flew over the stadium
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 08, 2017, 06:27:57 am
This is going to be pretty cool. The only flyover I've seen was the liberty bowl a couple years ago when the fedex plane flew over the stadium

I think the one I remember most was the B-2 Stealth bomber flyover a few years ago.

jkstock04

I noticed it said they were coming from Virginia...I wonder how long it takes them to get here from Virginia??? Or do they fly over and park the planes at Drake Field or XNA overnight?

Ive always thought the flyovers were really cool, the stealth bombers were awesome...but I'm also a bit superstitious. Seems to me like everytime we have one of these flyovers, we also lose the game.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

swineology

Quote from: razorcash2 on September 07, 2017, 10:44:47 am

Maybe I'm wrong...

When the Pres was Obama they were very limited.
Enjoy the Flyovers this year

WPS!

CPO Hog

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 08, 2017, 06:58:25 am
I noticed it said they were coming from Virginia...I wonder how long it takes them to get here from Virginia??? Or do they fly over and park the planes at Drake Field or XNA overnight?

Ive always thought the flyovers were really cool, the stealth bombers were awesome...but I'm also a bit superstitious. Seems to me like everytime we have one of these flyovers, we also lose the game.
They have a range of about 2,000 miles per fuel load, and cruising speed of 600+ knots. They can launch from Oceana a couple hors before the game, arrive in NWA 10 minutes prior to target flyover time and loiter. Then maybe have a tanker (KC-135, USMC KC-130) on standby for IFR (in flight refueling) or stop by LR-AFB to gas and go. They can be back home in Oceana before the game is over. The pilots will get to log some cross country time (training requirement) and HOG fans will get a show.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on September 08, 2017, 06:48:44 am
I think the one I remember most was the B-2 Stealth bomber flyover a few years ago.
The first flyover I remember was at the Super Bowl...

jkstock04

Quote from: CPO Hog on September 08, 2017, 07:50:28 am
They have a range of about 2,000 miles per fuel load, and cruising speed of 600+ knots. They can launch from Oceana a couple hors before the game, arrive in NWA 10 minutes prior to target flyover time and loiter. Then maybe have a tanker (KC-135, USMC KC-130) on standby for IFR (in flight refueling) or stop by LR-AFB to gas and go. They can be back home in Oceana before the game is over. The pilots will get to log some cross country time (training requirement) and HOG fans will get a show.
So takes them around 2 hours to get here from Virginia...that's pretty cool.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

The NewEra

I heard one of Jeff Long's underlings say yesterday that they were asked to fly in low and really rock the stadium on the fly by.

ricepig

Quote from: The NewEra on September 08, 2017, 09:29:28 am
I heard one of Jeff Long's underlings say yesterday that they were asked to fly in low and really rock the stadium on the fly by.
They have a minimum clearance, Clarence, but I'll check their vector.....

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 08, 2017, 08:08:02 am
So takes them around 2 hours to get here from Virginia...that's pretty cool.

Yeah. The Super Hornets can make it. The old standard Hornet couldn't. They were very limited on loiter time.
This is my non-signature signature.

The NewEra

Quote from: ricepig on September 08, 2017, 09:31:15 am
They have a minimum clearance, Clarence, but I'll check their vector.....

Was this supposed to mean something?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: The NewEra on September 08, 2017, 09:38:41 am
Was this supposed to mean something?

Airplane!!

Looks like you picked the wrong day to stop sniffin glue

bennyl08

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 08, 2017, 09:54:30 am
Airplane!!

Looks like you picked the wrong day to stop sniffin glue

Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: bennyl08 on September 08, 2017, 10:12:12 am

Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da rebound on da med side.

bennyl08

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 08, 2017, 10:25:08 am
Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da rebound on da med side.

What it is, big mama? My mama no raise no dummies. I dug her rap!
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

CPO Hog

Quote from: bennyl08 on September 08, 2017, 10:12:12 am
Yes. Turkish female prisons are open to guest ;)

CPO Hog

Quote from: The NewEra on September 08, 2017, 09:29:28 am
1,000 foot minimum above ground elevation, straight line flight over the crowd, no afterburners. They may be able to light off the burners after they clear the crowd, can't remember the rules on that. Terrain may dictate more than 1,000'.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: CPO Hog on September 08, 2017, 11:30:20 am
1,000 foot minimum above ground elevation, straight line flight over the crowd, no afterburners. They may be able to light off the burners after they clear the crowd, can't remember the rules on that. Terrain may dictate more than 1,000'.
at the last Texass game up here they were definitely lower than 1000 ft and they had afterburners on lol. damn near made me fall over the railing in the south end zone b/c i didnt hear it coming at all until it was over my head.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

CPO Hog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 08, 2017, 11:58:52 am
at the last Texass game up here they were definitely lower than 1000 ft and they had afterburners on lol. damn near made me fall over the railing in the south end zone b/c i didnt hear it coming at all until it was over my head.

You made me chuckle. I use to love watching people react to the "sneak pass" at air shows. We were waived to 500' straight line flight over the crowd with AB. People would fall out of chairs, dive to the tarmac, and put hands on head and do little dances. LOL

Afterburner use during flyover is a noise abatement thing. If the city buys off on it the FAA will too.

FAA/DOD Minimum safe altitudes: General.

Except when necessary for takeoff or landing, no person may operate an aircraft below the following altitudes:
(b) Over congested areas. Over any congested area of a city, town, or settlement, or over any open air assembly of persons, an altitude of 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle within a horizontal radius of 2,000 feet of the aircraft.

Birminghog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 08, 2017, 06:27:57 am

I conducted the SSB with a flyover at a Bama/Ole Miss game a few years ago. Timed perfectly. Just as I cut off the last note, the jets roared by. Way cool. It was like I cued the jets with the cutoff. Great memory.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: CPO Hog on September 08, 2017, 01:19:37 pm
You made me chuckle. I use to love watching people react to the "sneak pass" at air shows. We were waived to 500' straight line flight over the crowd with AB. People would fall out of chairs, dive to the tarmac, and put hands on head and do little dances. LOL

Afterburner use during flyover is a noise abatement thing. If the city buys off on it the FAA will too.

FAA/DOD Minimum safe altitudes: General.

Except when necessary for takeoff or landing, no person may operate an aircraft below the following altitudes:
(b) Over congested areas. Over any congested area of a city, town, or settlement, or over any open air assembly of persons, an altitude of 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle within a horizontal radius of 2,000 feet of the aircraft.
i believe it. It's a shocking experience, but I bet it was hilarious to see from the air.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

woodrow hog call

Watching someones reaction the first time they got to see an A-10 rack off a burst with it's mini gun, from the tower at Razorback Range, was pretty awesome. We didn't all carry cell phones with cameras back then or we would of had some great videos.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)