Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 26, 2024, 04:50:55 pm

Sidebar debate

Started by HognitiveDissonance, July 25, 2017, 03:52:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Hoginsavga on July 24, 2017, 04:52:53 pm
I don't know if I read this correctly but if I did this is my take. The wife had not slept with him for ten years and he started having an affair six years later that lasted four years. I pity that poor fella for having to endure the drought for six years before he got the nerve to risk getting kicked in the backside because he needed some relief.

Not all affairs are a result of the person involved but can start with the spouse that first loses interest in affection, if you know what I mean.
You can even read that in the Bible. "The man does not have control over his own body, likewise the woman" is the gyst.
Both parties would be at fault in that case. The man obviously has no excuse to get it elsewhere, but the woman is also wrong if he was wanting it and she wouldn't give it.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on July 25, 2017, 03:52:41 pm
You can even read that in the Bible. "The man does not have control over his own body, likewise the woman" is the gyst.
Both parties would be at fault in that case. The man obviously has no excuse to get it elsewhere, but the woman is also wrong if he was wanting it and she wouldn't give it.
Sounds like your bible promotes rape. Is that Sharia law?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 25, 2017, 07:45:51 pm

lol.  Good ole man made books. It can mean anything you want it to be.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Mike_e

:)  It's not called a marriage contract for nothing.

I am a Christian and having said that we all should really stop the theology debates here.  It's an entirely too complex subject to be covered in an internet forum.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Mike_e on July 25, 2017, 08:13:15 pm

I wonder if tonight I tell my wife she is contractually obligated to perform her duties, that this will work out in my favor????
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Mike_e

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 25, 2017, 08:30:07 pm
Quote from: Mike_e on July 25, 2017, 08:13:15 pm

I wonder if tonight I tell my wife she is contractually obligated to perform her duties, that this will work out in my favor????

You see?

Taking things out of context just gets you in the trashcan.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

HognitiveDissonance

No it doesn't.
It just means if one party withholds from the other, they are in the wrong. Each person is considerate of the other.

DeltaBoy

The Bible promotes mutual submission to prevent sexual sin. Some women drive their man into sin by trying to control him using sex! 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.