Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas legislature moves to ban football beyond the HS level...

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, September 05, 2017, 07:51:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

For the Emotional Well Being of the State.

I'll move this topic later, but I just had to share their angst. They are really in distress over their main college football teams. ;) I mean, obviously a joke, but still funny.

The Texas State Legislature held an emergency session this morning to draft legislation that would ban the sport of tackle football beyond the high school level.

"Enough is enough. The good people of Texas are repeatedly tormented by Texas, Texas A&M and Baylor and, on the professional level, the Cowboys and Texans," said House speaker Joe Straus. "Today we move to protect the citizens of Texas and focus solely on high school football, which gives our people so much joy every Friday night."

The bipartisan move to ban higher levels of football comes in the wake of Texas being crushed at home by Maryland, Baylor losing to lowly Liberty, and Texas A&M somehow blowing a 44-10 third quarter lead to lose to UCLA — all in the opening weekend of the season. Meanwhile, the Texans are set to open yet another season with a below-average starting quarterback and the Cowboys, decades since reaching a Super Bowl, will be without star running back Ezekiel Elliott.

http://sportspickle.com/news/texas-state-legislature-moves-ban-football-beyond-hs-level-emotional-well-state.html
Go Hogs Go!

zane

RIP LSUfan

NuttinItUp

zane

When the hurricane that destroyed your house is 2nd on the list of your priorities
RIP LSUfan

DeltaBoy

LOL  Aggies , Bears and Shorthorns have flooded the hospitals on suicide watch.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.