Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finally - New Assistant Coach #3

Started by psycHOGlogist, May 29, 2017, 10:14:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

https://twitter.com/wbballhoopscoop/status/869231976133255168

Hog63 knew about this a while back, but it's finally getting out there.

This is the source of flippin's quip about how we were going to "Love" the new coach! :-)

psycHOGlogist

ricepig

Hogtied85

Quote from: ricepig on May 30, 2017, 07:24:58 am
Played at Rivercrest I believe.

You also got to LOVE that she is from Arkansas

nwahogfan1

Great she is from Arkansas and played in the south but who has she recruited?  Any track record?

WilsonHog

One of our former players at Rivercrest. Outstanding young woman.

psycHOGlogist

Southern Miss is a pretty decent C-USA program. Consistently upper half of the conference or better. She seems to be well-liked by recruits, but blue-chip players don't go to C-USA schools, for the most part.

WilsonHog

Any idea when UA will make it official?

psycHOGlogist

Well, Southern Miss is advertising the position, but she hasn't updated her twitter bio. I suspect it's a matter of crossing t's and dotting i's. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't this week, given that it's now out there on twitter.

And as we all know, twitter is now synonymous with reality! ;-)

psycHOGlogist

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on May 31, 2017, 11:44:56 am
Official announcement:

https://twitter.com/RazorbackWBB/status/869956690724110337

write up on Razorbacks.com
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Arkansas women's basketball head coach Mike Neighbors welcomes Pauline Love to the Razorback staff, he announced on Wednesday.
Love, a native of Luxora, Arkansas, completes Neighbors' staff after the new head coach added Lacey Goldwire and Todd Schaefer in late April. Neighbors also retained Amber Shirey and Jeff Brazil in their current positions.
"The final piece of our coaching puzzle is in place with the hiring of Pauline Love," Neighbors said. "The people in our program will always be of the utmost importance and focus and she everything we look for in a person and in a coach.
"Our staff will always have a former student-athlete who was a high achiever on and off the court to serve as a mentor to our current team." Neighbors added. "The bonus of having another Arkansas person who has cultivated relationships throughout the SEC footprint will be felt the second she steps on campus."
Love has made coaching stops at McNeese State and, most recently at her alma mater, Southern Miss. In four seasons with the Golden Eagles, Love's duties included all aspects of recruiting, assisting in basketball camps, on-the-floor coaching working primarily with the post players in skill development, scouting opponents and film breakdown.
While working at McNeese State, Love handled campus and off-campus recruiting, social media, marketing, coordination of camps and clinics, scouting, skill development and working with both the guards and post players.
Love began her playing career in her hometown at Rivercrest and was so successful, Luxora declared July 15, 2016 as Pauline Love Day. She played one season at Jones County Junior College where she became the school's first NJCAA All-American in more than a decade. That success was the springboard to her career at Southern Miss where she played for three seasons.
Her collegiate honors include All-Conference USA First Team (2008, 2009, 2010), Conference USA All-Tournament Team (2009), Lady Eagles Classic MVP (2008), Lady Eagles Classic All-Tournament Team (2008) and Junior College All-America Second Team (2007).
She finished her career averaging 16.5 points per game and 11.5 rebounds per game. Love scored 1,909 career points and grabbed 1,339 rebounds.
After her 2010 graduation from Southern Miss, Love played one season in the WNBA for the Connecticut Sun and for the Cote d'Opale Basket Calais professional team in France.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

nwahogfan1

I assume Coach love is a tall lady who played center in HS and College?  If so then she went under the radar to the SEC schools and had to go JUCO to get noticed but even then got over looked by the SEC and had to play for a Sun Belt team.   Her stats and accomplishments contest that she was a fine ball player.

Maybe since she got over looked that she will know what to look for to find us a nugget or two out there. 

rolyat_2008

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 31, 2017, 12:23:36 pm
I assume Coach love is a tall lady who played center in HS and College?  If so then she went under the radar to the SEC schools and had to go JUCO to get noticed but even then got over looked by the SEC and had to play for a Sun Belt team.   Her stats and accomplishments contest that she was a fine ball player.

Maybe since she got over looked that she will know what to look for to find us a nugget or two out there.
Forward. She's listed at 6'

WilsonHog

Pauline played in the post in high school. Well, she actually did about whatever she wanted to do on the floor.

All high school teachers, coaches, and administrators hope to take some measure of pride in success stories like Pauline's. She was a very good high school basketball player, and the type of student everyone liked - adults and students. However, if you had told me that she would one day be a college basketball coach - nevermind one at UA - I would have told you there was zero chance of that ever happening. She is a testament to what can come from going off to college, being focused, working hard, and being coachable. She is going to be a wonderful example for our student-athletes.

A few years ago, when Pauline was at Southern Miss, I served on a committee with a professor from there. When he found out I was from Rivercrest, all he wanted to talk about was what a tremendous young lady Pauline was and how everyone at USM loved her. Our Pauline?

She came by the school awhile back to check on a couple of our players. First time I had seen Pauline since she graduated from high school. I was blown away. The polished, articulate, mature, professional young woman I was talking to did not even resemble the kid who I knew in high school.

I could not be any happier for Pauline or for my alma mater. 

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 31, 2017, 04:10:22 pm
Pauline played in the post in high school. Well, she actually did about whatever she wanted to do on the floor.

All high school teachers, coaches, and administrators hope to take some measure of pride in success stories like Pauline's. She was a very good high school basketball player, and the type of student everyone liked - adults and students. However, if you had told me that she would one day be a college basketball coach - nevermind one at UA - I would have told you there was zero chance of that ever happening. She is a testament to what can come from going off to college, being focused, working hard, and being coachable. She is going to be a wonderful example for our student-athletes.

A few years ago, when Pauline was at Southern Miss, I served on a committee with a professor from there. When he found out I was from Rivercrest, all he wanted to talk about was what a tremendous young lady Pauline was and how everyone at USM loved her. Our Pauline?

She came by the school awhile back to check on a couple of our players. First time I had seen Pauline since she graduated from high school. I was blown away. The polished, articulate, mature, professional young woman I was talking to did not even resemble the kid who I knew in high school.

I could not be any happier for Pauline or for my alma mater. 

Awesome. Thanks for sharing that!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on May 31, 2017, 06:12:32 pm
Awesome. Thanks for sharing that!

Likewise.  Now we know why we her and waited on her!
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.