Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dean and Deluca

Started by GolfNut57, May 26, 2017, 03:36:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut57

This tournament at the Colonial in Ft Worth used to be called by another name but I can't seem to remember what it was. I'm sure someone here can tell what the former moniker was.

As a aside.......there is now a wedge laying at the bottom of the pond on #9 after See Woo Kim.......or whatever his name is, put 2 balls into the water. Kim ended up taking an 8 on the par 4 hole. I wonder who goes in and gets the wedge out of the pond? Does the course use the diver that goes in on a routine basis to recover golf balls from the water or is it likely some anonymous person will sneak out in the night for a "post sundown swim" to look for it?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Jackrabbit Hog

It was the Crowne Plaza a few years ago, and I'm sure one or two more corporate names before that.  I've always know it, and will always refer to it, as the Colonial. 

I'm sorry, but Dean and Deluca sounds like a half hour sitcom on the Comedy Channel.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 26, 2017, 04:04:56 pm
It was the Crowne Plaza a few years ago, and I'm sure one or two more corporate names before that.  I've always know it, and will always refer to it, as the Colonial. 

I'm sorry, but Dean and Deluca sounds like a half hour sitcom on the Comedy Channel.
Yea, Dean and Deluca...Austin and Ally. They're all the same.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 26, 2017, 04:04:56 pm

I had to Google the name last year, I had never heard of it before. Wasn't it the Colonial previously?

GolfNut57

Quote from: ricepig on May 26, 2017, 04:51:50 pm
I had to Google the name last year, I had never heard of it before. Wasn't it the Colonial previously?

I was thinking the same but wasn't sure it was just so simply called.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

ricepig

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_%26_DeLuca_Invitational

hogbud

Prior to Crowne Plaza it was sponsored by MasterCard. Tiger usually played the Byron Nelson and skipped Colonial the following week due to his deal with AMEX.

ocsm158

Before corporate sponsorship it was the Colonial National Invitational. I still have a hat from when I went in 1984 and Peter Jacobson won in a playoff with Payne Stewart. My girlfriend's father was friends with a PGA official and we had passes that let us into the clubhouse, Hogan's trophy room is beyond awesome, something I will never forget.

Ex-Trumpet

It is--and will always be--The Colonial.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

DLUXHOG

Dean and Deluca is opening their first Texas store, very soon in Legacy West in Plano..... which.... is why they jumped up to be this years sponsor of the Colonial..........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

ricepig

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 29, 2017, 12:17:15 pm
Dean and Deluca is opening their first Texas store, very soon in Legacy West in Plano..... which.... is why they jumped up to be this years sponsor of the Colonial..........

They were last year's sponsor, too.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: ricepig on May 29, 2017, 01:33:00 pm
They were last year's sponsor, too.
that's logical as they didn't just decide to up and open this store this year...........  they were probably finished with negotiations last year.......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)