Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs win opener against Georgia 6-2 behind storms and four HRs

Started by flippinhogmana, May 05, 2017, 08:29:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

Yannetti, Schroeder, Belans and Warrick homered.  Storms went the distance.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

flippinhogmana

May 06, 2017, 05:03:35 am #2 Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 05:26:07 am by flippinhogmana
Quote from: psycHOGlogist on May 05, 2017, 08:40:12 pm
Hahaha - simultaneous posts.

shows how much we are synchronized!

One other thing that neither of us mentioned in much detail.  Autumn Storms gave up ten hits-all singles, in her complete game.  But she didnt give up a single walk and her team played pretty decent defense behind her.  She also helped herself with her own fielding.  She worked out of two jams.  The most precarious one was when the bases where loaded with nobody out after the hogs had taken a 5-0 lead.  She and her teammates conceded two runs for two outs and then got the third with no more damage. 

Warrick responded with a homer to get one back and the dogs never really threatened after that.  Well they did have a two on with one of them being at third (with two out) threat in the top of the 7th that Autumn Russell put at end to with a knock down of a shot and a scrambling throw from her knees to get the final out of the ball game on. 

I hope CH pitches a good game today.  I think the hogs go as far in the post season as their two freshmen pitchers (and potentially aided by Warrick) can take them. I would like to think well of Moll and Stewart but I haven't seen much to give me confidence in this at this point. 
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.