Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 9 Overpaid College Coaches Today

Started by 247Hog, April 14, 2017, 02:14:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

247Hog

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2702232

Thoughts?

I disagree with #3. I think Stoops has UK more competitive in years.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

The Hogfather

Always stupid to look at overall records in cases like this.  His 1st two seasons, Arkansas was 2-14 in the SEC.  Since then, 8-8.  Not great, but decent for a school like Arkansas in the SEC West (considering recruiting base, etc.), which is the toughest division in football.  I think we're on the right track to keep improving that SEC record.  I think 8th highest salary in the SEC is about right for Arkansas.

nwahogfan1

I like Coach B but he is definitely over paid for the results he has given us so far on the field.  I think over all fans and AD like him but he needs to win more games or his name will go into the hot seat category.

hogcard1964

An inconvenient truth nobody here wants to admit.

The OTR

Boy this makes me hot under the collar.

The_Iceman

Bret Bielema basically took over a death penalty type program when you combine the lack of player development under HIS, and Petrinos piss poor recruiting his last 2-3 seasons.

I'm not upset about his first two seasons, those were expected. I'm upset we left at least 4 wins on the table the last two seasons thru pure stupidity and poor coaching. How much different would it be if we were sitting here with a 10 and 9 win seasons the last two?

hogcard1964

I see facts = trash.

Sad

Thankfully the best burger in Fayetteville thread is still going strong.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 15, 2017, 07:14:55 am
Bret Bielema basically took over a death penalty type program when you combine the lack of player development under HIS, and Petrinos piss poor recruiting his last 2-3 seasons.

I'm not upset about his first two seasons, those were expected. I'm upset we left at least 4 wins on the table the last two seasons thru pure stupidity and poor coaching. How much different would it be if we were sitting here with a 10 and 9 win seasons the last two?

He has been doing that every year he has been here so far.  Hopefully it changes starting this year.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.