Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Orleans Style BBQ Shrimp on the Egg.

Started by Boarcephus, November 10, 2016, 02:44:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

Made this for lunch today and this stuff is great and when you do it on the Egg, not a lot of mess to clean up.   Wound up adding some scallops to it towards the end and served some of it over linguini.

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

zane

RIP LSUfan

82abn Ard

WOW  looks Great.  Can we get a recipe please?

Boarcephus

Quote from: 82abn Ard on November 10, 2016, 05:49:44 pm
WOW  looks Great.  Can we get a recipe please?

;)  Really hate to disappoint you but this stuff is easy.  For this batch, which is about half the size I normally make, I set the egg at 350 and melted a little over one stick of butter in a cast-iron skillet and added 1 TBS Zatarains Creole Seasoning, 2-3 TBS Worcestershire Sauce and around 1/2 jar of River Road BBQ Shrimp Seasoning.  Mix that up and added a pound, or so, of large shrimp and cooked till they are done, 10-15 minutes
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.