Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wrestlemania 32

Started by hvsupastar, March 29, 2016, 12:05:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hvsupastar

Have you ever been less enthused about a wrestlemania as this one?  Nothing really intrigues me outside of what they decide to do with Shane and Taker.  Everything else is just so vanilla.  No advertised roles for Rock, Ausitn, or HBK.  I don't know man my optimism is running thin on this one.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: hvsupastar on March 29, 2016, 12:05:33 pm
Have you ever been less enthused about a wrestlemania as this one?  Nothing really intrigues me outside of what they decide to do with Shane and Taker.  Everything else is just so vanilla.  No advertised roles for Rock, Ausitn, or HBK.  I don't know man my optimism is running thin on this one.
32??  holy shiite I'm old!!

PP

The_Iceman

When will they get it, the fans don't want Roman Reigns. The only way to salvage that character is to turn him heel.

Dr. Starcs

March 29, 2016, 05:14:03 pm #3 Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 07:08:20 am by Dr. Starcs
What's the first wrestlemania you really remember?

6 for me.

Hogan vs Warrior.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 29, 2016, 05:14:03 pm

6 for me.
not sure, the most easily remembered was HH against Andre the Giant.

PP

hvsupastar

First one I ever saw live, because I had to talk my dad into buying the pay per view, was Tyson and Austin 
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Hogwop

Yeah, so far 'Mania 32 is looking very underwhelming to say the least. I hope they have something big planned but I'm skeptical atm.

The first 'Mania I remember is 13 with that classic submission match between Bret and SCSA.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

hvsupastar

Since WWE likes to try and recreate story lines, I wish they would try and recreate the nWo. 

The Bullet club can debut and help prevent Shane from winning Hell in a Cell.  So John Cena shows up to help Shane out after Taker has already won.  Cena turns on shane, turns on Taker, Cena lead bullet club leaves everybody laying.  Turns out Vince sent Cena and the bullet club to do his dirty work after taker was not too receptive to working for the authority.  Vince is an on screen character, kind of like a manager for cena led bullet club.  There is my fantasy booking idea.

Think you could turn HHH baby face as Cena would come for the title and HHH would rebel against Vince.  Eventaully build for a Lesnar vs Cena match at WM33 as Lesnar is the only physical force dominant enough to take on the new bullet club.

hvsupastar

After I typed that I realized how much I liked that idea.  That opens up the opportunity for the other guys in the bullet club to take on teams on the current roster like the Wyatts, League of nations, new day.  All while Heel Cena would be really intriguing.  After Lesnar beats the bullet club and Cena at 33, Cena shakes Brocks hand.  The next night on Raw, Bullet Club jumps Cena and Finn Balor comes to take his rightful place.  All recreation of old story lines, sounds good to me though.

hogsanity

Until my kid started watching in 2010 we had never seen a WM, but this year he is not interested at all. We have not watched raw in months, he still dvr's it and watches pieces of it.

Reigns just is never going to be a fan favorite as a face, but he has all the tools to be a pretty good heel.

With so many big names hurt, the creative guys were put in some bad spots. The Shane thing could have been good, but only if he is going to win on Sunday. I do expect some sort of out side influence in this match. Does SCSA come out and cost Taker the match some how to screw over Vince? Does HBK turn on HHH for being a corporate sell out and cost him the title?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Big Boi

Quote from: hvsupastar on March 30, 2016, 09:38:31 am
Since WWE likes to try and recreate story lines, I wish they would try and recreate the nWo. 

The Bullet club can debut and help prevent Shane from winning Hell in a Cell.  So John Cena shows up to help Shane out after Taker has already won.  Cena turns on shane, turns on Taker, Cena lead bullet club leaves everybody laying.  Turns out Vince sent Cena and the bullet club to do his dirty work after taker was not too receptive to working for the authority.  Vince is an on screen character, kind of like a manager for cena led bullet club.  There is my fantasy booking idea.

Think you could turn HHH baby face as Cena would come for the title and HHH would rebel against Vince.  Eventaully build for a Lesnar vs Cena match at WM33 as Lesnar is the only physical force dominant enough to take on the new bullet club.
the worst thing about being a rasslin' fan is all the wanna be bookers and their ideas.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Big Boi on March 30, 2016, 11:48:06 am
the worst thing about being a rasslin' fan is all the wanna be bookers and their ideas that are better than what the idiots in WWE Creative can come up with.

Oh, I agree. :) (FIFY)

Big Boi

I'm not saying VKM and HHH no whats best for business. Just can't stand detailed fantasy booking by fans.

hvsupastar

Quote from: Big Boi on March 30, 2016, 12:18:18 pm
I'm not saying VKM and HHH no whats best for business. Just can't stand detailed fantasy booking by fans.

Kick Rocks

jbell96

Quote from: Big Boi on March 30, 2016, 12:18:18 pm

Then don't read it.

Eddie Goodson

I have started taking the same approach to watching wrestling that I have taken regarding watching the Hogs. I have stopped thinking I know more than the folks putting on the show. Arm chair booking is no different than arm chair QBing. I am going to watch the show Sunday night for what it is and enjoy it.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Jim

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on March 30, 2016, 05:20:20 pm
I have started taking the same approach to watching wrestling that I have taken regarding watching the Hogs. I have stopped thinking I know more than the folks putting on the show. Arm chair booking is no different than arm chair QBing. I am going to watch the show Sunday night for what it is and enjoy it.

I think I'm gonna take this approach too.  I was really looking forward to sucking it up, buying a ticket and driving to Dallas today (which means even paying 3x normal price for a hotel) for what looks to be a great weekend OUTSIDE of the ring (ie:  NXT, Ric Flair pre-show party, etc).  However, the prospect of being internally hyped for what MIGHT happen and then walking out of Jerryworld after NOTHING unusual happened caused me to just punt any Texas trip weekend and look ahead to watching it here at home.  None of the big 3 matches have enough juice to warrant the trip or excessive prices and I've about accepted the fact that RR will prob be champ when its all over.

Although hearing 90,000+ shower him with equal amounts of boos to confetti from the ceiling is a bit appealing.  :)

hvsupastar

Rumor is Goldberg is in town

hogfan58

Quote from: hvsupastar on April 02, 2016, 01:58:42 pm
Quote from: hvsupastar on April 02, 2016, 01:58:42 pm

Look for him in the Hell in the Cell match
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

Ragnar Hogbrok

Kind of corny, but I enjoyed the HBK, Foley, Austin appearance. Just not sure what they're going to attempt with the League of Nations.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Buff

Aaahhh Stone Cold! 

Anyone else cream their pants?

Ragnar Hogbrok

I never was a Stone Cold mark, but it was a nice blast from the Attitude Era.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

Ragnar Hogbrok

All in all, it was ok.  Maybe I was an easier mark when I was younger and wrestling will never be what it was in my young mind. But that's a me problem.

hvsupastar

Show way overachieved! Had a blast all night. I can't believe they stuck with Reigns, I'm pretty sure they were messing with the crowd noise so you couldn't hear the boos

TomasPistola

The card was not good on paper, but was an excellent show. One thing I noticed was all the matches got time to actually put on a show. That's the longest Diva match I can remember ever. UT and Shane started out slow but hit an amazing crescendo with Shane's crazy jump off the cage. I thought Reigns/Trips was underwhelming. Not surprised Reigns went over. They need to turn him heel. The crowd was booing him all night. Was this show missing some of the glitz and the moments you want to see over and over? Maybe. But the wrestling was good and it's been a long time since I felt like a card from top to bottom featured some good wrestling.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Eddie Goodson

I still have to watch HHH/Reigns but I enjoyed the whole show except for Shane's stupid jump from that cage. No way a 40 year old, non athlete should ever do that. I am convinced he was concussed from the moment he and Taker went through the cage wall and he hit the announce table on the back of his head. The match did not need that jump. I honestly had a bad feeling about the man all day yesterday because I knew he was going to do it.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Ragnar Hogbrok

The only match that irked me was the Ambrose-Lesnar match. It was pretty tame and predictable. Of course, I think Lesnar is a terrible product because they won't let him lose clean and his invincibility is annoying. But that's just me.

SuperSid4Ever

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 29, 2016, 05:14:03 pm

6 for me.

Hogan vs Warrior.

WM I

The_Iceman

if last nights Raw was any indication, it seems Vince is going to finally start listening to the fans.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Last night's Raw had something is been missing for a few years. What's that word? Oh, yeah. Excitement.

A good introduction of new blood with the return of a few guys who have been sidelined for a bit. It was a very good show rivaling Wrestlemania itself. The energy, in my opinion, was higher for Raw than Mania.

hvsupastar

Quote from: The Chief on April 05, 2016, 11:45:06 am
Last night's Raw had something is been missing for a few years. What's that word? Oh, yeah. Excitement.

A good introduction of new blood with the return of a few guys who have been sidelined for a bit. It was a very good show rivaling Wrestlemania itself. The energy, in my opinion, was higher for Raw than Mania.

I agree except i thought the crowd sucked.  Kept trying to hijack the show instead of letting the performers perform.

Jim

Quote from: hvsupastar on April 05, 2016, 12:37:32 pm
I agree except i thought the crowd sucked.  Kept trying to hijack the show instead of letting the performers perform.

Completely agree.  The Charlotte promo was one of the worst moments too.  It bothered me bc she was giving legit accolades to the entire division and was then going to pop a great heel moment but as she tried to do it the first time, the crowd started up and she had to try it again.  Lost a bunch of momentum and then it kinda went south with her & Nattie.

The Cesaro entrant into the Fatal 4 way was outstanding though.  Is Sami truly injured?  I hope not.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Jim on April 05, 2016, 12:50:11 pm
Completely agree.  The Charlotte promo was one of the worst moments too.  It bothered me bc she was giving legit accolades to the entire division and was then going to pop a great heel moment but as she tried to do it the first time, the crowd started up and she had to try it again.  Lost a bunch of momentum and then it kinda went south with her & Nattie.

I agree. The crowd really needed to understand the moment there and that Charlotte was stepping out of character at the beginning to give true respect to the women who pioneered the division. I agree with WWE that its time to show the women respect for their in-ring skills instead of just promoting them as half-naked divas. The crowd ruined it.

Quote from: Jim on April 05, 2016, 12:50:11 pm
The Cesaro entrant into the Fatal 4 way was outstanding though.  Is Sami truly injured?  I hope not.

I read it was. No way Cesaro came in last minute and performed a match like that.

TheRazorback500

Maybe the fact that AJ Styles is the new #1 contender will usher in Reigns as a heel. I wonder, though, are the crowds booing RR or are they mimicking the "Ooooooh" that he hollers when he's about to superman punch an opponent?

:razorback:

Do you wanna get Rocked?

RD

What they are doing with Reigns is the only way they can turn him into the Heel. His arrogance is what will help make this work. I am just glad no more Authority for a while.

and can we please get rid of JBL. For the love of all that is holy.

The_Iceman

Quote from: RD on April 05, 2016, 08:54:22 pm
What they are doing with Reigns is the only way they can turn him into the Heel. His arrogance is what will help make this work. I am just glad no more Authority for a while.

JBL is so bad.

RD

hvsupastar

Quote from: RD on April 05, 2016, 08:54:22 pm

Authority needs to go away forever.  Can't create McMahon vs Austin again, I wish they would for the love of God they would give up trying to recreate that. 

Quote from: RD on April 06, 2016, 08:59:59 am
He's that desperate for a HoF spot.

JBL is already going to be a Hall of Famer man

hogsanity

Quote from: hvsupastar on April 06, 2016, 10:20:19 am
Authority needs to go away forever.  Can't create McMahon vs Austin again, I wish they would for the love of God they would give up trying to recreate that. 

It's human nature, when you have had a success with something, you try to go back to that when things have turned down a bit.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hvsupastar

Quote from: hogsanity on April 06, 2016, 12:18:16 pm
It's human nature, when you have had a success with something, you try to go back to that when things have turned down a bit.

But thats not the case here, they have had a heel authority figure for the passed 19 years.  Vince to Bischoff back to Vince to Laurinitus to HHH

hogsanity

Quote from: hvsupastar on April 06, 2016, 12:44:51 pm
But thats not the case here, they have had a heel authority figure for the passed 19 years.  Vince to Bischoff back to Vince to Laurinitus to HHH

Well, that's kind of the history of this sport, good versus evil. It is why you have faces and heels. I know you know that. And, since Austin/McMahon it has been an attempt to harness that dynamic again, but there has been no one like Austin.

Personally, I think they are missing out with Ambrose.

hvsupastar

April 06, 2016, 11:07:08 pm #41 Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 11:18:32 pm by hvsupastar
Well of course it's always been good versus evil but has there ever been a heel authority figure before Bischoff and McMahon did in 1997? To my knowledge, the owners or presidents or whatever they were called were typically baby faces.... Watts, Von Erich, Gange.. .  Even gorilla with the WWF as 'president' in the 90s.

They may be missing the boat with Ambrose, but I think it's with Wyatt.

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: hvsupastar on April 05, 2016, 12:37:32 pm

Can someone explain to me what was being said?  Saw sign that "you cant mute our voices"  and I couldn't here what they were chanting.
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: HogScoutMaster on April 07, 2016, 04:21:33 pm
Can someone explain to me what was being said?  Saw sign that "you cant mute our voices"  and I couldn't here what they were chanting.
The WWE has finally taken a lesson from the Seattle Seahawks. They are piping in the crowd noise they want to be heard and turning down the live crowd mics. It is the only way to combat the 20 and 30 something know it alls who are there more to be seen or heard than they are watch the show.

jbell96

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 07, 2016, 06:05:40 pm
The WWE has finally taken a lesson from the Seattle Seahawks. They are piping in the crowd noise they want to be heard and turning down the live crowd mics. It is the only way to combat the 20 and 30 something know it alls who are there more to be seen or heard than they are watch the show.

Not all 20 & 30 something's boo and do chants to get themselves over. If I pay $50 or $60 for a ticket, sometimes more than that depending on where I'm sitting, I'm going to let my voice be heard on whether I like someone or not.

Reigns is going to be a flop as champ if they keep force feeding him as a face, when it is obvious he would be an outstanding heel. I really hope they turn him right around the time Seth Rollins comes back. Rollins is a great heel, but there is a ton of money to be made with him as a baby face, so it would be a no brainer, but that probably means Rollins will be a heel and have to put face Reigns over.

RD

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 07, 2016, 06:05:40 pm
The WWE is in damage control. Those 20/30 somethings are the prime demographic and the ones who drop the cash on merch and WWE Network. Vince needs to stop forcing Roman Empire down our throat. The Universe has openly rejected it.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: RD on April 16, 2016, 12:02:07 pm
The WWE is in damage control. Those 20/30 somethings are the prime demographic and the ones who drop the cash on merch and WWE Network. Vince needs to stop forcing Roman Empire down our throat. The Universe has openly rejected it.
And yet they are still selling out arenas.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 16, 2016, 06:06:30 pm
And yet they are still selling out arenas.

Even though up until the last two Raws I've been disappointed and lostt interest, I would still go just to say I went.  Just because people are going to live events doesn't mean necessarily  that all is well with the product.

I bought tickets and attend the LSU game during Slappy the Clown's tenure.  Just saying.