Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another wrestler dies young

Started by hvsupastar, February 19, 2014, 06:35:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hvsupastar

Apparent heart attack for King Mabel/Viscera/Big DaddyV. Although most of the wrestlers die from a heart failure due to years of drug use, you have to believe when the man's weight had more to do with his death. Still sad. RIP

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Nipsey Mussle

What's impressive to me is that he won KOTR at like age 21 in WWE. They never made a big deal about him being young but it's impressive for him to be that good at a young age. I'm surprised he couldn't play football as athletic as he was.

hvsupastar

Yeah I didn't realize he was that young until they said he was in his 40s when he died. WWE has always had trouble figuring out what do with their black athletes. The Rock doesn't count since he looks far more like his Samoan side of the family
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: hvsupastar on February 19, 2014, 01:47:45 pm
Yeah I didn't realize he was that young until they said he was in his 40s when he died. WWE has always had trouble figuring out what do with their black athletes. The Rock doesn't count since he looks far more like his Samoan side of the family
Yeah, I agree..the stuff with Truth was weird too. He was doing well as a heel and then all of a sudden he's a lower midcard face again. Man, Xavier Woods couldn't have gotten off to a worse start. The crowd just sits on their hands when he comes out.

hvsupastar

I had read that Vince loved Rtruth as a heel but that the creative team was dead set on him as a silly face

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 19, 2014, 01:54:31 pm
Yeah, I agree..the stuff with Truth was weird too. He was doing well as a heel and then all of a sudden he's a lower midcard face again. Man, Xavier Woods couldn't have gotten off to a worse start. The crowd just sits on their hands when he comes out.
RTruth and the Miz were an excellent heel tag team.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Buff

Quote from: hvsupastar on February 20, 2014, 12:59:05 am
I had read that Vince loved Rtruth as a heel but that the creative team was dead set on him as a silly face

Little Jimmy bit was awesome.  Sad that they only built him up as a heel so that Cena would have someone to beat in a couple PPVs/

hvsupastar

When Rtruth came out dressed as a Confederate soldier in Virginia was very classic stuff and got him a lot of heat. I do miss that guy

husker71

there has always been a problem with how to push black wrestlers without being to racist    Bobo Brazil was champion and his signature move was the cocobut (sp?) because he had such a hard head probably could not use that angle now.  I saw Viscera wrestle in Berryille years ago.  He won the battle royal

jbell96

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 19, 2014, 12:29:57 pm
What's impressive to me is that he won KOTR at like age 21 in WWE. They never made a big deal about him being young but it's impressive for him to be that good at a young age. I'm surprised he couldn't play football as athletic as he was.

Minor correction to your post, he was 24 when he won KOTR, not 21. That said, winning at that age was still an impressive feat.

DeltaBoy

Yep it sad to see him go and the WWF never done much with AA Wrestlers other than Booker T.
I remember when the Big Cat Erine Ladd and JYD were main card Wrestlers and had tons of fans both black and white.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hvsupastar

It sucks because I think Titus O'Neil could at least be a main event player but he'll probably never get passed the mid card

Doug

There was talk about pushing Titus a few months ago... however, the news about his tag team partner kind of overshadowed that... and since then, they both seem to have not received much air time.

Ron Killings could have been a main eventer. He may not have the looks, but he's got the skills, work ethic and mic skills to be able to hang with the best of 'em.

Ron Simmons (Farooq) was on the main event stage for quite some time during the NoD days, and to a lesser extent, the APA days. Once he and Bradshaw split, though... that was pretty much it for him.

I would like to see Mark Henry get a HUGE push again... but dammit, get him a manager with mad mic skills. Henry moves very well for a big guy, though he could use a few more moves in his repertoire, haha!

WWE handled Xavier Woods poorly. Woods actually reminds me of a cat stuck in the 70s (the hair style, the personality, the mannerisms, etc). No one wants to see someone that looks like they arrived 40 years too late. I don't want to take anything away from XW; he could be a damn good wrestler, but the gimmick they packaged him with made me not care.

David Otunga was another that could have shot to the moon. Looks, physique AND mic skills? Just wasn't utilized as well as he could have been. He should have been the leader of Nexus, not Ole Tea Slurpin' Barrett.

MVP would have been a good one, had he not get involved in back stage politics. That, alone, was his downfall. He thought he was bigger than he actually was.

Kama Mustafa.... don't know him?  Okay, how about Papa Shango. Still no bells? Okay, hop on board the Ho' train with The Godfather. Only issue is that after his "Right to Censor" pairing, he went nowhere.

There's a few others, of course... including one of my favs, Iceman King Parsons.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Richard_white

Sme of you might be too young to know Savanna Jack.  He had the sweet chin music before HBK.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 21, 2014, 11:59:27 am
Yep it sad to see him go and the WWF never done much with AA Wrestlers other than Booker T.

Who was already a main-eventer when he came into the company.

Then again, so was Ron Simmons, and they had him wearing a ricockulous blue helmet.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: hvsupastar on February 21, 2014, 01:57:27 pm
It sucks because I think Titus O'Neil could at least be a main event player but he'll probably never get passed the mid card

He is one of my favorites.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

superior_wang

Quote from: BigSexyHog on February 22, 2014, 04:45:08 am
He is one of my favorites.

i hereby nominate you as having the greatest av of all time..? whered you find it? i might need to "use" it. TIA!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Doug "Bear" Hazard on February 21, 2014, 02:23:14 pm

There's a few others, of course... including one of my favs, Iceman King Parsons.

The Ice man had Mic Skills and was solid in the Ring.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.