Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CM Punk

Started by hvsupastar, January 29, 2014, 09:59:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hvsupastar

Has always been compared to Steve Austin. Now it appears like Stone Cold, CM Punk is taking his ball and going home. Nobody really knows why at this point but Punk has been taken off the road and removed from story line.

I think that Batista coming in for 2 weeks, getting to headline mania, and then subsequently flipping off the fans while mocking DBs YES chants has something to do with this
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Eddie Goodson

It really would not surprise me to see Punk, Cabana, and several othe ROH guys end up helping Jeff Jarrett get a new company off the ground.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Boll Hawg

I can't necessarily blame Punk for taking his ball and going home.  He's been publicly displeased with the company for years.  To have a washed up talent like Batista reemerge & take the spotlight shows what direction the company is headed.  He's sick of it and quite frankly, so am I.  Will I quit watching?  No.  I'm just pissed that it looks like he now won't make the 3/11 LR show appearance.  My kid was really looking forward to seeing him.     
Father, Husband, Teacher, Veteran

Richard_white

I believe it has more to do with his direction in the company. I believe Punk was the only mid card WWE champion that existed.  So this doesn't surprise me.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: hvsupastar on January 29, 2014, 09:59:06 am
Has always been compared to Steve Austin. Now it appears like Stone Cold, CM Punk is taking his ball and going home. Nobody really knows why at this point but Punk has been taken off the road and removed from story line.

I think that Batista coming in for 2 weeks, getting to headline mania, and then subsequently flipping off the fans while mocking DBs YES chants has something to do with this
Yeah and I don't blame him about Batista. I'm sure it's frustrating enough when The Rock comes in for 4 or 5 dates and gets to headline 'Mania. But at least The Rock is a legit superstar and was at one time the #1 guy in WWE. Batista sucks and has no right to main event any event, let alone WM.

Richard_white

CM Punk is also upset with the possibility of WWE signing Sting.  I have no idea why. Sting isn't going to be used as a main event. He will put a few over.  Wrestle at mania next year and be inducted into the HOF.

Eddie Goodson

He is simply pissed off at life. He is an unhappy man working in a business that is brutal on the body and mind. He wouldn't be happy if you hung him with a new rope. It is what has fueled him for years. Honestly, without starting a religious debate, most professed atheists I have ever known are the exact same way, unhappy with everything. It is also a major sentiment in 20 somethings in general these days. Reading his twitter feed lets you see exactly what I am saying. If it isn't comic books or hockey, he is miserable about it.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

acey33

Not really a big fan of Punk, but wrestling sure has changed over the years...I get on youtube every now and then and watch some of the old matches WCW, Mid-South and others. It brings back some old memories of my early years...lol

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on February 03, 2014, 06:03:02 am
He is simply pissed off at life. He is an unhappy man working in a business that is brutal on the body and mind. He wouldn't be happy if you hung him with a new rope. It is what has fueled him for years. Honestly, without starting a religious debate, most professed atheists I have ever known are the exact same way, unhappy with everything. It is also a major sentiment in 20 somethings in general these days. Reading his twitter feed lets you see exactly what I am saying. If it isn't comic books or hockey, he is miserable about it.
I agree completely and I'll add that he likely has a mood disorder. He even admits his moods fluctuate quite a bit. That's such a tough business to be in to begin with, but for someone with a bad attitude and mood issues, it's gotta be ridiculously difficult to manage at times. Ultimately though, Punk maybe cares about wrestling "too much." I remember in his dvd, he even said he wishes he didn't care and could just go in and collect a pay check and be fine with whatever creative decides.
Wrestlers like JTG, Ryback ,etc don't care nearly enough. They're thrilled to be making the type of money that they are and hope they don't hurt themselves, but Punk indeed cares too much.

Richard_white

Actually reports from Punk a combination of burn out, creative differences and his personal problem with Paul (Triple H).

TomasPistola

Attitude aside. Punk was one of the best workers they had. He could wrestle anyone and his match with Taker pretty much saved Wrestlemania last year. How you can't find a place for that guy in the main event from time to time is beyond me. I think he was also pissed with the way they buried Daniel Bryan. And make no mistake, they were trying like hell to. The Fans used to be who WWE tried to please. Not anymore. And Trips is worthless. He gets in power and immediately puts his friends over. Yay.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: TomasPistola on February 15, 2014, 09:54:52 pm
Attitude aside. Punk was one of the best workers they had. He could wrestle anyone and his match with Taker pretty much saved Wrestlemania last year. How you can't find a place for that guy in the main event from time to time is beyond me. I think he was also pissed with the way they buried Daniel Bryan. And make no mistake, they were trying like hell to. The Fans used to be who WWE tried to please. Not anymore. And Trips is worthless. He gets in power and immediately puts his friends over. Yay.
I truly believe they buried Bryan just to build him up more when they put him over at WM. I believe he'll win Elimination Chamber and then it will be Bryan, Orton, Batista at WM. The Kane storyline has me worried he'll be facing Kane at WM which would make the entire WM card a complete snoozefest.

TomasPistola

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 16, 2014, 02:08:54 pm
I truly believe they buried Bryan just to build him up more when they put him over at WM. I believe he'll win Elimination Chamber and then it will be Bryan, Orton, Batista at WM. The Kane storyline has me worried he'll be facing Kane at WM which would make the entire WM card a complete snoozefest.

Exactly. I know they planned for Kane vs. Punk at The Elimination chamber. Had to have. Then on to Trips at Mania. Honestly, it would have been a hell of a match. Those two have had a great match in the past. But you know if that match happened, Trips would have gone over and then there's nothing left for Punk but garbage until his contract was up.

Bryan vs Kane would have been fun a year or so ago when they were tag teaming together. But not at this point.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

hvsupastar

The more I think about it, besides his body being beat up and beef with HHH, and from what I've read and heard Punk say in interviews including the infamous shoot promo on RAW, I think the fact that part time worker The Rock has been in 2 main events and headlined the last 3 Wm while Punk has busted his butt as the best in the world and is still not being awarded the main event has a lot to do with it.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Dr. Starcs

^^^

That could be the longest sentence in the history of hogville. Lol

hvsupastar

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 16, 2014, 08:23:54 pm
^^^

That could be the longest sentence in the history of hogville. Lol

That's because I want you to feel like cm punk after reading