Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TNA for sale

Started by hvsupastar, October 27, 2013, 08:55:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hvsupastar

I've been saying this for a while, but now it looks like it's coming to life. Dave Meltzer is reporting the Carter family is looking to sale TNA to the highest bidder. Potential buyers are rumor to range from Eric Bischoff, to Jeff Jarrett, to Viacom, and.... Of course... WWE
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: hvsupastar on October 27, 2013, 08:55:27 pm
I've been saying this for a while, but now it looks like it's coming to life. Dave Meltzer is reporting the Carter family is looking to sale TNA to the highest bidder. Potential buyers are rumor to range from Eric Bischoff, to Jeff Jarrett, to Viacom, and.... Of course... WWE
NO way!! That can't be true, posters on here have told me Tna is doing exceptionally well. They have more money than WWE, they are huge in foreign markets, and me calling out the quality was just me being a hater. 

I knew the Carters would have to start looking soon. The piss poor attendance and horrible tv ratings will put them out of business.
I'll say this, while Tna diehards are irrational, they do bring a lot of passion.

hvsupastar

I kind of hate it because the WWE needs competition. But the fact is, TNA has never been competition. Jim Cornette said it best. When TNA decided to go head to head with WWE on Monday nights when Hogan first signed they showed how inferior they were within the first 30 seconds.  A limo pulls up to let Hogan out.... In front of a bunch of picnic tables and coke machines in the background.

I truly wish Jr had enough to buy the company.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Richard_white

I said this 10 months ago that TNA would either go under or be sold.  I hate it because TNA was the only thing trying to keep WWE crapping.

Eddie Goodson

What possible reason would WWE have to buy TNA? None. It isn't a competitor like WCW was. If anything, they'd just let it fold and hire the guys they want afterwards. That the Carters are willing to sell really isn't news.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

hvsupastar

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on October 28, 2013, 10:32:46 am
What possible reason would WWE have to buy TNA? None. It isn't a competitor like WCW was. If anything, they'd just let it fold and hire the guys they want afterwards. That the Carters are willing to sell really isn't news.

Video library

TomasPistola

Quote from: hvsupastar on October 28, 2013, 12:22:15 pm
Video library

Who wants a video library of has beens and never was types?
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on October 28, 2013, 10:32:46 am
There are lots of territories that the WWE bought for their library that aren't much better than Tna.

It's news to some. Lake Lizzard just finished telling me how great Tna is doing financially, etc and how many of you have been saying that Tna isn't going anywhere?
Part of the report stated the Carters just can't keep pumping money into a money pit like Tna.

I've been called a Tna hater for saying exactly what came out in that report. Terrible attendance and abysmal ratings doesn't equal profit. I'm amazed so many Tna fans have told me otherwise over the last 6 months.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: TomasPistola on October 28, 2013, 12:55:18 pm
Who wants a video library of has beens and never was types?
Ehhh Idk, I like some of Tna's talent. Bobby Roode, Aries, Magnus (has the best future of anyone in Tna), AJ, Samoa Joe. There could be others but I havent paid much attention to their midcard talent.

All of those guys can get it done in the ring and WWE could teach me how to do promos and develop their characters.

Eddie Goodson

That video library is not worth the price of buying TNA. This just isn't the same situation as buying WCW or ECW. ECW was bought on the cheap. TNA won't be had that cheap. WCW had years and years of history and video and was a much bigger deal. TNA is a middle of the road, relatively new company with its greatest assets being it's talent. It makes no sense to buy a company just for the talent when they can be had in the end anyway without all the extra contracts to negotiate out of. I just do not see WWE buying it. Now Belator....maybe.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

hvsupastar

I have no idea how much TNA is worth. But I know WCW was purchased for in the neighborhood of $7 million. So I think we can all agree WCW was worth more then than TNA is now. But the price of the dollar has changed so let's just say TNA is sold to WWE for $7 million.

Based on video library alone the WWE can now produce a history of TNA, Sting, Kurt Angle,  Best PPV matches, Jeff Jarrell and maybe even something of Kevin Nash or booker T with career highlights from TNA.

If WWE releases 5 dvd's from TNA. At 19.99 dvd and 24.99  blu ray, you're looking at 12-14 dollars profit from each copy sold.  Each of those dvd's would need to sell 100,000 copies to break even. Anything else is profit. Most WWE releases sell more than that in the first week. Therefore economically speaking, WWE would profit from video library alone, would acquire new talent, plus would have a lot  more footage to work with when the WWE Network finally launches

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: hvsupastar on October 28, 2013, 04:54:24 pm
I have no idea how much TNA is worth. But I know WCW was purchased for in the neighborhood of $7 million. So I think we can all agree WCW was worth more then than TNA is now. But the price of the dollar has changed so let's just say TNA is sold to WWE for $7 million.

Based on video library alone the WWE can now produce a history of TNA, Sting, Kurt Angle,  Best PPV matches, Jeff Jarrell and maybe even something of Kevin Nash or booker T with career highlights from TNA.

If WWE releases 5 dvd's from TNA. At 19.99 dvd and 24.99  blu ray, you're looking at 12-14 dollars profit from each copy sold.  Each of those dvd's would need to sell 100,000 copies to break even. Anything else is profit. Most WWE releases sell more than that in the first week. Therefore economically speaking, WWE would profit from video library alone, would acquire new talent, plus would have a lot  more footage to work with when the WWE Network finally launches
100% agree with all of this ^^^^^^ 

Plus, WWE would be able to keep the current wrestling name of the talents they want from TNA. That may seem small, but there's a reason WWE makes sure to change everyone's name at least a little bit (they've done this since about 2004), ie Daniel Bryan. They copyright the wrestling name b/c someone having to use a different name when they switch promotions can be a momentum killer. If WWE owns TNA, any talent they want to keep their name will be able to do so. Can you imagine if AJ Styles had to change his name, it would be awkward.

Eddie Goodson

I just don't see it. I don't know that TNA has ever sold 100k copies of any of their videos thenselves.

SwinerBock

It would be kinda neat to see some TNA stars randomly popping up unannounced (if that were even possible anymore) on WWE TV.  Not another invasion angle, mind you.

hvsupastar

Quote from: SwinerBock on October 29, 2013, 02:22:21 am
It would be kinda neat to see some TNA stars randomly popping up unannounced (if that were even possible anymore) on WWE TV.  Not another invasion angle, mind you.

I don't know. This could be a chance to get the invasion right. Lol

Nipsey Mussle

Looks like the sale is happening shortly...and its going to be Viacom. They are supposedly paying more for TNA than WWE paid for WCW years ago.

Tna has a lot of value, if they would actually be used correctly.

Would the sale finalizing mean no more HORRIBLE promo's from Dixie to start and end each show? YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

It looks like Bischoff is leading the charge for Viacom and Jeff Jarrett will have power as well.

Eddie Goodson

I have mixed feelings on Eric B. I do think he learned what not to do in the demize of WCW, but I wonder if he has figured out how to do it right. I like him. I agree 90% politically with him. I just do not think he can succeed if he continues to tie himself to Hogan.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on October 29, 2013, 01:21:02 pm
I have mixed feelings on Eric B. I do think he learned what not to do in the demize of WCW, but I wonder if he has figured out how to do it right. I like him. I agree 90% politically with him. I just do not think he can succeed if he continues to tie himself to Hogan.
Ahhh damn, I didn't even think about Hogan. While Dixie is horrible on promos, Hogan is just as detrimental to their success behind the scenes. With JJ having stake in the company, maybe he can thwart the efforts to bring Hogan back.
Bischoff showed moxy, intelligence, knowledge of wrestling, etc when he took over Wcw and beat WWE for awhile. And I hope you're right, maybe he learned something along the way to getting destroyed by WWE. The major issues as I saw it back then: Top talent having too much control.....Not pushing younger talent... and too many huge, guaranteed contracts.

I hope Tna rights the ship. Question: did they do two tapings on this past Thurday's event? If not, it would be great to be able to see them start fresh this Thurday.

jbell96

Guys, do you have a link to this story? I've checked pwinsider & other sites I read & haven't seen anything about it. I'm not doubting the story, wouldn't be surprised at all, but just wanted to see where you were reading the story.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: jbell96 on October 29, 2013, 03:06:20 pm
Guys, do you have a link to this story? I've checked pwinsider & other sites I read & haven't seen anything about it. I'm not doubting the story, wouldn't be surprised at all, but just wanted to see where you were reading the story.

Viacom buying TNA is being reported as a fake story through various sources on Twitter
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

hvsupastar

Just Google TNA for sale

hvsupastar

I keep saying it. But whoever wants to buy TNA and have it compete with WWE needs to throw the house at Jim Ross. Plain and simple

HROHog

pigture perfect

wwe is not really wrestling it's soap opera stuff. I'm hoping someone gets TNA and makes it work.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Nipsey Mussle

Kevin n Hog Heaven

It's rumored Billy Corgan of smashing pumpkins fame is also interested.

Kevin

wish cornette & jr would buy it
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Kevin on November 08, 2013, 06:25:05 pm
wish cornette & jr would buy it
That'd be awesome. It would be more wrasslin than wrestling but it would be a nice change from wwe.

Kevin

maybe the would let story lines develop. this pay per view every month kills any story line
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

spiritof92

Looks like they are now going to be wrestling in HS gyms and the like.  They have two appearances coming up in Jonesboro and Batesville. 

pioneerhog

I wonder who is going to be at the Batesville show. I might have to take my son to see it.

TomasPistola

Are they going to Miller Gym :)

Remember some fun watching wrestling there.
You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

jbcarol

Jan. 3: Southside High School, 70 Scott Street, Batesville, 7:30 p.m.

Tickets are on sale at Mark Martin Ford

Tickets start at $15

Fans who purchase a $50 ticket will meet select IMPACT WRESTLING Superstars at an early-entry autograph session at 5:30 p.m.

http://www.impactwrestling.com/live-events/item/5230-January-3-Batesville,-AR-(Live-Event)

Card subject to change
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Jan. 4: Earl Bell Community Center, 1212 S. Church Street, Jonesboro

7:30 p.m.

Tickets are on sale at Front Page Cafe (Rolls!)

http://www.impactwrestling.com/live-events/item/5231-January-4-Jonesboro,-AR-(Live-Event)

As with Batesville, card is subject to change
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Jan. 5 (Sunday!) Jackson Northside High School, 3066 North Highland, Jackson, TN 

6 p.m. Tickets are on sale at HaliHannigan's Cupcakery

http://www.impactwrestling.com/live-events/item/5232-January-5-Jackson,-TN-(Live-Event)

Eddie Goodson

I like the small venue strategy. It is how you build a long term following. If they were able to run two seperate crews and hit seperate parts of the country simultaneously they could build something. Interested to see how this plays out.

TomasPistola

They should merge with RoH and build a solid roster, then use TNA's TV slot to actually do something.
You were right.
You did a great job.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: TomasPistola on December 04, 2013, 03:05:43 pm
They should merge with RoH and build a solid roster, then use TNA's TV slot to actually do something.
100% this, as long as the ROH guys are the ones producing the show.

I like the idea of TNA going into gyms. They've been booking WWE sized venues and attracting indy sized crowds. This is a much better fit.

spiritof92

Quote from: TomasPistola on December 04, 2013, 03:05:43 pm

I would like to see Dixie pull a Crockett on the current NWA and merge with a number of indies.