Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2-21-11 promo from Raw, is it Sting?

Started by The Lake Lizzard, February 01, 2011, 08:46:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lake Lizzard

I hope it is. He has not re signed with TNA and I would love to see a Taker vs Sting or anyone vs Sting match at Wrestlemania. Since WWE has gone PG I don't see any reason for him not to go. I know at one time he said he would never go because he didn't agree with the programming but I don't think that would be a problem now. If he does go, WWE would probably put out a DVD on him, which he deserves. It may be wishfull thinking on my part but I really do hope it is him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsS7MoRbNeI&NR=1

ThrillaHog

WWE has already spoiled the surprise...

I read the following on NoDQ.com-

It appears that the mystery man behind the 2-21-11 video that aired on RAW has already been accidentally revealed.

SaveMartCenter.com, the website for the arena in Fresno, CA that is hosting that night's RAW, has the following message advertised in bold letters with yellow outline:

THE RETURN OF THE UNDERTAKER
http://savemartcenter.com/

The Lake Lizzard

Quote from: ThrillaHog on February 01, 2011, 02:44:53 pm
WWE has already spoiled the surprise...

I read the following on NoDQ.com-

It appears that the mystery man behind the 2-21-11 video that aired on RAW has already been accidentally revealed.

SaveMartCenter.com, the website for the arena in Fresno, CA that is hosting that night's RAW, has the following message advertised in bold letters with yellow outline:

THE RETURN OF THE UNDERTAKER
http://savemartcenter.com/

Yeah, I read about that, but this has been released since that has been made public. Apparently the New York Daily News has been reporting that Sting has signed a one year deal with WWE.
I don't doubt that the save mart story is correct about Taker being there, but I don't think that is who the promo was for. It has been reported that Vince had a big storyline brewing that invloved Taker and Sting, if they could ever get him. So, since Taker is going to be there, I have a strong feeling so will Sting.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/172618/Update-On-Stings-Status.htm

Doug

February 01, 2011, 11:48:41 pm #3 Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:51:05 pm by Douglas
I actually instantly thought of Taker and Sting when I saw the promo, but the more that I study the jacket and shoes worn, it does point to Taker returning.  Taker's coat has always had a more goth appearance, and he's very well known for wearing western style boots, where as Sting is more known for a simplistic trench coat and Docs or rugged boots.

Compare the coat and boots in the video promo above to this, and you'll see it's deffo Taker's style.  :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

SwinerBock

When I saw the promo, my first instinct was "Oh ok... Taker will be back".  Never crossed my mind that it could be Sting.  Personally, if it is Sting, it's nice to see, but it's 9-10 years too late.

As an aside, the last Nitro was 3-26-01.  Hard to believe it has been ten years already.

The Lake Lizzard

Here is a good article on the situation by a guy who used to be a WWE writer. He makes some very good points. If it is not Sting on 2-21-11, there is going to be alot of upset folks.

http://iwantwrestling.com/2011/02/03/sting-undertaker/

masonselby

actually i read that sting and kevin nash has signed deals with wwe. they will be back in some way soon.
"for christ sake im talking about bagging a sasquatch"

Doug

February 04, 2011, 12:09:30 pm #7 Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:24:37 pm by Douglas
I would probably be crazy for a Sting vs Taker match (though *very* torn, because I have a LOT of admiration and respect for both guys, no matter if they're face or heel).

I think an even better match up, though, would be Sting vs HBK and Taker vs Del Rio.  I'm not sure that Del Rio is going to be the right person to lead the company.  I could actually see it being Sheamus, honestly... and with Taker returning to RAW, this is a distinct possibility.  We already know that Haich is big on Sheamus (in all honesty, Sheamus does remind me of a younger, albeit bulkier version of Haich.

Taker's getting to the point where he's close to hanging up his boots... and I know he wants to go out on top.  Having him as a champ and losing to a young up and comer is what I believe he wants to do.  Whomever he loses to will be catapulted to stardom for a VERY long time.  Taker has the luxury of being able to decide on who that person is (some back stage politics involved, however, he's also not going to be selfish for whomever he ultimately decides to drop the belt to), so he's going to make sure that whomever he DOES face will represent the company well.
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Richard_white

I have no inside information.  I went out of the box and though of Goldberg.  Since WM would be in Georgia this year.  But now I believe it will be Sting.  Though with the WWE, Triple H wouldn't be a bad guess either.

Hogs_fan_for_life

I think Ted Turner will be the guest host Vince is talking about. Also last night on Raw they played a Johnny Cash song with the line about not keeping him in a grave. Its gonna be Taker coming back. But I can see Sting coming out with Nash when they finally have Nash make his next appearance. RAW actually has some interesting stories building for Wrestlmania, unlike the past couple years from what I remember anyway.

Doug

Trips doesn't do trench coats, nor do any of his boots look like the ones shown in the commercial.

If I was a safe betting man, money would be on 'Taker.  The MARK side of me, though, wants it to be Sting.
--Doug

Richard_white

I've read something this morning on PWI that they know who the mystery 2-21-11 is.  They claim that the video is an attempt to throw all of us off.  They claim the mystery guy will be Sting.  I tried to link PWI but they took if off an hour later.

I'm going with Sting with what they claim.  As well as TNA taking his profile off their site.  Undertaker makes no sense to me.  He is not much of a surprise.  We will see in less than 2 weeks.

Doug

Undertaker on RAW permanently would be a surprise, I think.  Smackdown gets less viewership than RAW does, so they need the big name talent over there to keep ratings high.  Look for 2-4 big name talent to move over to Smackdown if both Sting and Taker come to RAW
--Doug

Eddie Goodson

Anybody stop to listen to the background music of the promo? "Ain't no grave gonna hold my body down." It is Taker. Sting has not signed any contract with the WWE. It's all internet rumor run amuck.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Pulled(PP)pork

The Lake Lizzard

I still think it is going to be Sting. Taker comes back every year and they do not run special promo's like this. They always make it clear that it is going to be Taker coming back but this one is not clear. I'm with Richard on this one. I think they are just trying to make everyone think it is going to be Taker. How many true surprises do we really have anymore? With the internet it is almost impossible and I think the WWE is really trying to pull this off with only a very few people knowing about it.
With everything going on like TNA taking down Sting's profile and the report from New York Daily News reporting that Sting had in fact signed with WWE, I really think it is going to be him. Ususally by now, if it was not true, The New York Daily News would have come out and said something or the WWE would have made them put out a statement saying that it was not true. There is just too much chatter going on about this and the WWE is being way too quiet for there to be nothing to it.

SwinerBock

Of course, if it is NOT Sting, WWE is going to have egg on their face, simply because of the rumors running rampant.  I wouldn't put it past TNA to add fuel to the rumor fire by taking Sting's profile off of their website, just so the egg on WWE's face is that much bigger.

Richard_white

Quote from: SwinerBock on February 10, 2011, 10:13:21 am
Of course, if it is NOT Sting, WWE is going to have egg on their face, simply because of the rumors running rampant.  I wouldn't put it past TNA to add fuel to the rumor fire by taking Sting's profile off of their website, just so the egg on WWE's face is that much bigger.

I agree, if it's not Sting, a whole lot of people are going to voice out loudly.  That's of course if the C0TB doesn't come out and debunk the rumor if it isn't true.

The Lake Lizzard

Quote from: Richard_white on February 10, 2011, 11:34:57 am
I agree, if it's not Sting, a whole lot of people are going to voice out loudly.  That's of course if the C0TB doesn't come out and debunk the rumor if it isn't true.

I think they are going to try to trick everyone by having Taker and Sting there. I think that Taker is going to come out but Sting will also show up and that will be the start towards their match at Wrestlemania.

Richard_white

Quote from: The Lake Lizzard on February 10, 2011, 11:58:04 am
I think they are going to try to trick everyone by having Taker and Sting there. I think that Taker is going to come out but Sting will also show up and that will be the start towards their match at Wrestlemania.

I can get behind that.  There isn't one guy on the WWE roster that I can get excited for a WM match with the Undertaker.  And please, let's not explore Cena vs Taker.  Not even a Triple H vs Taker.  Revenge for retiring his buddy.

The Lake Lizzard

Quote from: Richard_white on February 10, 2011, 12:24:48 pm
I can get behind that.  There isn't one guy on the WWE roster that I can get excited for a WM match with the Undertaker.  And please, let's not explore Cena vs Taker.  Not even a Triple H vs Taker.  Revenge for retiring his buddy.

If they were to go in that direction would they go face vs face or try to turn one of them heel? I would think it would almost be impossible to turn Sting heel.

Richard_white

Quote from: The Lake Lizzard on February 10, 2011, 01:38:26 pm
If they were to go in that direction would they go face vs face or try to turn one of them heel? I would think it would almost be impossible to turn Sting heel.

It would be no different than HBK.  Most fans won't embrace anyone ending Taker streak.  So it doesn't matter if Sting was a babyface or heel.  I am one who thinks the streak is overrated.  At this point why have a match with Taker if the outcome is the same. WWE already has this problem with the rest of the roster.

The Lake Lizzard

Quote from: Richard_white on February 10, 2011, 02:36:46 pm
It would be no different than HBK.  Most fans won't embrace anyone ending Taker streak.  So it doesn't matter if Sting was a babyface or heel.  I am one who thinks the streak is overrated.  At this point why have a match with Taker if the outcome is the same. WWE already has this problem with the rest of the roster.

Yeah, I think it's overated as well. As much as I would like to see him put someone younger over, I would love to see Sting break the streak!

Richard_white

Many are reporting that Dixie and TNA has resigned Sting.  Not sure if Sting will be at WM, but I do know if Sting stays with TNA, that this saga is more entertaining than WM will be.

The Lake Lizzard

Could Sting be the "guest host" that Vince is going to announce tonight? I still think the video is for him. Here is the old 97 Starcade promo for Sting. It is very similar to the 2-21 video's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khw3_7wXBlA

Richard_white

Quote from: The Lake Lizzard on February 14, 2011, 02:28:57 pm
Could Sting be the "guest host" that Vince is going to announce tonight? I still think the video is for him. Here is the old 97 Starcade promo for Sting. It is very similar to the 2-21 video's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khw3_7wXBlA

It won't be Sting.  I think Vince screwed up on the negociatings with Sting. 

On tonight guest host, two names are mentioned.  The Rock and HBK.  I will put money on it being the Rock.

The Lake Lizzard

Quote from: Richard_white on February 14, 2011, 04:14:36 pm
It won't be Sting.  I think Vince screwed up on the negociatings with Sting. 

On tonight guest host, two names are mentioned.  The Rock and HBK.  I will put money on it being the Rock.

I actually just read that it is being reported that the guest host will be Bob Barker. If it is, it will be a huge let down.

Richard_white

Quote from: The Lake Lizzard on February 14, 2011, 05:02:26 pm
I actually just read that it is being reported that the guest host will be Bob Barker. If it is, it will be a huge let down.

I think you need to check the date.  Bob Barker was last year.

The Lake Lizzard

T
Quote from: Richard_white on February 14, 2011, 05:35:37 pm
I think you need to check the date.  Bob Barker was last year.
[/quote

no, pwinsider was reporting that it was going to be him but now they are saying it is going to be the rock. Here is a link to the report saying both.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/174249/UPDATED:-Update-on-the-WrestleMania-Guest-Host-(SPOILER).htm

who knows

in the new promo you could see the undertaker in it...
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

The Lake Lizzard

Well, it's pretty clear who it is going to be, but I still have a good feeling about Sting showing up soon in the WWE.

jep_hog_fan

Quote from: Richard_white on February 08, 2011, 07:53:12 pm
I have no inside information.  I went out of the box and though of Goldberg.  Since WM would be in Georgia this year.  But now I believe it will be Sting.  Though with the WWE, Triple H wouldn't be a bad guess either.

You can forget Goldberg. He said as long as VM was making the Divas dress and act the way they have them act that he would never be part of it. He was on a talk show one time a couple years back and stated that himslef. He was then asked why reports were he was out due to some sort of cancer, said that was bogus, "I'm not going to be a part of a business that portrays women as sexual targets and subjects them to any type of physical abuse from a man".

hogfan064

Quote from: jep_hog_fan on February 17, 2011, 06:46:02 am
You can forget Goldberg. He said as long as VM was making the Divas dress and act the way they have them act that he would never be part of it. He was on a talk show one time a couple years back and stated that himslef. He was then asked why reports were he was out due to some sort of cancer, said that was bogus, "I'm not going to be a part of a business that portrays women as sexual targets and subjects them to any type of physical abuse from a man".

Yet, he had no problem with the Nitro Girls of WCW. 

jep_hog_fan

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 17, 2011, 10:01:29 am

I'm just relaying what he said.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 17, 2011, 10:01:29 am
Or turning Brett Hart into a quasi-vegetable for several years. Bill Goldberg has no place near a wrestling ring now or ever again. He does not know what he is doing and will only get other guys hurt by screwing up spots.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton