Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3 World Title Matches Sunday

Started by hog_fan, June 27, 2008, 09:10:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog_fan

So how does everyone think it plays out. Triple H and Edge both World champs are on Smackdown and Batista and John Cena on Raw. Who drops their title? And who does Kane drop the ECW title to Mark Henry or Big Show. And will Matt hardy drop US title? I see one world champ plus Kane and Hardy losing although it be interesting if they didn't.

RedSatinHog

June 27, 2008, 09:51:57 pm #1 Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 09:53:41 pm by AKHogsHoopsFan
Mark Henry will win the ECW title.  He's already on the show now.

Either Triple H or Edge will lose.  For me, I would guess Edge, but either way it turns out would easily give SD the segue for an HHH/Edge feud.

What would really be funny would be if CM Punk cashes in immediately after the Edge/Batista bout.  If it's Edge he beats, that would immediately mean that he's beaten someone whom he would not have to worry about facing for a rematch.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

hog_fan

CM Punk could beat Triple H as well and not have to worry about a rematch. I wonder if he will actually get a real push now.

Atreyu

I think Triple H loses. Cena brings title back to RAW, and Edge and Taker resume their feud. Triple H takes on the winner of that.
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

RedSatinHog

Quote from: hog_fan on June 27, 2008, 10:24:03 pm
CM Punk could beat Triple H as well and not have to worry about a rematch. I wonder if he will actually get a real push now.

It would have more irony for him to beat Edge, mainly since Edge's first 2 title reigns started that very same way.  It would be like deja vu all over again.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

hydrophonic

I don't have a good gauge on this.

What I want is for the belts to switch shows, so obviously I want H & Batista to win.  The problem with what I want is that Cena and the ex-spinner belt wouldn't be on the same show.

Kane will not retain, I'm sure of that.  It seems obvious that Henry is going to win there, but Big Show is on SD! and as long as ECW & SD! are touring together we will see their rosters intermingle.  Same thing applies to Matt Hardy and the US Title.  Chavito is also on the ECW roster.  The latest rumor on the touring schedules is that ECW could stay with SD! all the way to the network change, which isn't until October (I think).

Some predictions:

Morrison & Miz retain.
Matt Hardy retains.
Mark Henry wins the ECW Title (which would be awesome, considering how mad it would make original ECW marks)
Batista wins the WHC and slowly turns heel on RAW.
Triple H retains.

Considering this is a transitional PPV, I'll be happy if I get 3 out of 5.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

Doug

I can also see Batista winning and continuing his feud with HBK, or making it a three way dance between The Animal, HBK and Y2J for the title, with Cena thrown in for good measure.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

hydrophonic

Quote from: Douglas on June 28, 2008, 12:52:53 pm
I can also see Batista winning and continuing his feud with HBK

Which would help with that slow heel turn.  Then maybe Batista and Orton form a new Evolution.

Doug

hydro, exactly.  WWE's been teasing it for a while, and everything COULD tie in nicely.  With rumors of a young Hart Foundation forthcoming, could we see a new era of various factions forming again?  That would be a smart thing for the WWE to do.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

hydrophonic

The New Hart Foundation was going to happen until the young Hart - Teddy? - stepped out of line.

Since then there is talk of a "2nd generation stable."  Some of those folks just moved to SD!, but others are still on RAW.  The most interesting thing IMO would be to have a cross-brand stable of 2nd gen talent that feuds with the older guys.  I really think Carlito's "shoot" on H in South America was part of the ground work for that type of feud.  And, what do you know, Carly and Hunter both moved to SD.

The E needs to create some new stars and this would be a fairly easy way to do it.

hydrophonic

Anybody know who Jericho is going to face for the IC Title?

Atreyu

Quote from: hydrophonic on June 28, 2008, 09:54:44 pm
Anybody know who Jericho is going to face for the IC Title?

It's looking like HBK. Just saw that 2 shows were advertised as Edge vs. Jeff Hardy for the WH title, and Y2J vs HBK for the IC in August.

some other matches advertised were Batista vs. Kane , and Cena vs JBL
HEYHEYHEY

hydrophonic

Atreyu

Quote from: hydrophonic on June 29, 2008, 12:06:26 am
That would be fun.

That would be a match worth watching even ECW for, I think.
HEYHEYHEY

jbell96

Quote from: Atreyu on June 28, 2008, 11:49:31 pm
It's looking like HBK. Just saw that 2 shows were advertised as Edge vs. Jeff Hardy for the WH title, and Y2J vs HBK for the IC in August.

some other matches advertised were Batista vs. Kane , and Cena vs JBL

Those are House Shows leading up to Summerslam so who knows what will happen tonight. IMO, I doubt we see them wrestle. This is the first PPV in a long time that I've actually wanted to see.

Atreyu

Quote from: jbell96 on June 29, 2008, 05:23:59 am
Those are House Shows leading up to Summerslam so who knows what will happen tonight. IMO, I doubt we see them wrestle. This is the first PPV in a long time that I've actually wanted to see.

The two I saw were for SD and RAW.
HEYHEYHEY