Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

20 years ago..the man known as Sting....

Started by Hollywood_HOGan45, April 05, 2008, 10:48:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan45

and the greatest ever Ric Flair put on one of the best shows ever.
The clash went toe to toe with Wrestlemania 4 that night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8a0t3fClCI&feature=related

This catapulted Sting's career. Flair really worked to put over Sting on that night some two decades ago.

Panthers63

One of the best matches ever. I was 7 years old and I remember watching this match and hating Flair. In my opinion, these are the two greatest wrestlers ever.

Newport Hog

RedSatinHog

Yeah, that Crockett promotion was a heckuva outfit which knew how to sell a feud.  Most of their cards happened in the Carolinas for years, and was far more interesting than anything the WWF put on at the time IMHO.  That was a first class operation, and the action was as exciting as anything I've seen since.

The worst day in pro wrestling history was when Ted Turner bought it out and tried to run a wrestling organization with people who knew absolutely nothing about the wrestling business.  They signed Hogan and although Nitro kicked Raw's butt for just over 3 full years, they let some of the greatest talent in the history of the sport walk out the door and into the WWF.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

russell33

man that was a great match. we had a satellite back then (one of the huge ones), and i remember me and my brother flipping back and forth.... that match blew anything wwf had on that night out of the water

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: russell33 on April 05, 2008, 11:35:06 pm
man that was a great match. we had a satellite back then (one of the huge ones), and i remember me and my brother flipping back and forth.... that match blew anything wwf had on that night out of the water
oh no doubt.

hogan-andre or Sting-Flair....yeah I probably would have chosen the NWA clash of champions.

SwinerBock

Of course, in today's world with today's fans, as soon as Sting would have applied the second of several head locks that he applied in that match, the fans would start the "boring" chants.  Very rarely will you see a 45-minute match on TV these days.  45 minutes of interviews and such, yeah (you listening, TNA?), but not a single match.

I had forgotten how buffed up Sting looked back then.  Put him in WWE today and Triple H would make him look like a midget.