Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6-21 TNA Impact

Started by Panthers63, June 21, 2007, 02:21:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Panthers63

After what was one of the best ppv's I have seen, I can't wait for Impact tonight. Here is the preview for tonights show, and it doesn't say it in the preview, but there is also a match for the X-division championship between Jay Lethal, Sabin, and a surprise opponent. I read the spoiler for who it is, and all I can say is this match has the potential to be a  "Match Of The Year" candidate.

NEW TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION KURT ANGLE TO APPEAR ON "iMPACT!"
On Sunday night, Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle won the King Of The Mountain match to become the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion. The newly crowned titleholder is scheduled to appear this Thursday night on SpikeTV at 9pm! Who will challenge Angle for the World Title at July's "Victory Road" Pay-Per-View? Thanks to Jim Cornette, we're about to find out!

TNA MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR JIM CORNETTE TO MAKE A HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING JULY'S VICTORY ROAD!
TNAwrestling.com has learned that this Thursday night on SpikeTV, TNA Management Director Jim Cornette plans to make a huge announcement regarding the main event of the July "Victory Road" Pay-Per-View spectacular. According to sources, Cornette will introduce a "new concept" for the main event and has informed all four TNA champions • World Champion Kurt Angle, Tag Team Champions Team 3D and X Champion "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal • that they are expected to be on hand for the announcement. What plans does Cornette have planned for the main event at "Victory Road" on Sunday, July 15? Tune in this Thursday night on SpikeTV to find out!

TAG TEAM MATCH: "THE WAR MACHINE" RHINO & ERIC YOUNG VS. ROBERT ROODE & "COWBOY" JAMES STORM
Also signed for this Thursday night is a tag team bout featuring Rhino teaming up with the newly-freed Eric Young to take on Eric's former boss Robert Roode along with "Cowboy" James Storm. Will Roode take out his frustrations on Young after losing to him at Slammiversary? Will Rhino GORE his way past Roode and Storm in this tag team bout? Watch it unfold this Thursday night on SpikeTV!

"WILDCAT" CHRIS HARRIS VS. RAVEN OF SEROTONIN
It will be a big test for "Wildcat" Chris Harris this Thursday night on "iMPACT!" as he's scheduled to face off against former World Champion and the leader of Serotonin • Raven! After his tremendous effort during the King Of The Mountain Match on Sunday, can Harris continue to climb the ladder to the World Title in TNA or will Raven and his army stop the Wildcat's momentum? Tune in and find out!

Plus, you'll see exclusive footage from Sunday's Slammiversary as well as appearances by your favorite TNA superstars including new X Division Champion "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal, TNA World Tag Team Champions Team 3D, Christian Cage, AJ Styles, Abyss, the TNA Knockout babes and many more!

hydrophonic

Quote from: Panthers63 on June 21, 2007, 02:21:14 pmit doesn't say it in the preview, but there is also a match for the X-division championship between Jay Lethal, Sabin, and a surprise opponent. I read the spoiler for who it is, and all I can say is this match has the potential to be a  "Match Of The Year" candidate.

It's on iMPACT!, right?  I don't think there has ever been a 90 second "Match of the Year."
"The future sucks." "Change it."

Panthers63

Quote from: hydrophonic on June 21, 2007, 02:55:57 pm
Quote from: Panthers63 on June 21, 2007, 02:21:14 pmit doesn't say it in the preview, but there is also a match for the X-division championship between Jay Lethal, Sabin, and a surprise opponent. I read the spoiler for who it is, and all I can say is this match has the potential to be a  "Match Of The Year" candidate.

It's on iMPACT!, right?  I don't think there has ever been a 90 second "Match of the Year."

Have you watched the last few Impacts? All of the matches have been longer, especially the main event matches. The last two main event matches have been almost 20 minutes each. That is something I think they have been working on, and it has shown in the last few weeks.

hydrophonic

Quote from: Panthers63 on June 21, 2007, 03:11:29 pmHave you watched the last few Impacts?

No.  I would, because I like TNA, but I'm going without cable for now.

Quote from: Panthers63 on June 21, 2007, 03:11:29 pmThe last two main event matches have been almost 20 minutes each.

Don't take this wrong, I'm NOT calling you a liar.  But I find that hard to believe, considering that only 4 - FOUR!!! - TNA PPV Main Events have been over 20 minutes.  Now in fairness, several others are 19+.  On the other hand, only 1 of those 4 was a 1 on 1 match.  Of the other 3, one was a tag match, one was a King of the Mountain (5 performers), and one was Lethal Lockdown (10 performers).  That Lethal Lockdown match is the longest Main Event at a TNA PPV at just over 28 minutes.

Check their PPV history for yourself, starting here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TNA_Victory_Road#2004

If you look at the info box where it shows attendance and what not, you can click through the PPV chronology very easily.

hellrazor

[deep voice]    T      ....N       ....A    [/deep voice]

As I understand it, they are now with the NWA.

I wonder if anything abut the show will change.

Might watch... but I doubt it.  I had forgotten what day of the week it was on. I'll try to remember.

I think is about to become like TNA, I think.  By that I mean, a world title cluster. 4-6 guys are constantly in the world title scene. It's hard to get someone over when it's like that.

Isn't Total Nonstop Action a bit redundant?  If it's nonstop, then isn't Total implied?

raze<br />1 a archaic : ERASE b : to scrape, cut, or shave off<br />2 : to destroy to the ground : DEMOLISH

hydrophonic

Quote from: hellrazor on June 21, 2007, 03:41:47 pmAs I understand it, they are now with the NWA.

I thought the NWA just pulled out of their agreement and TNA had to stop using the NWA Titles?

Panthers63

Quote from: Panthers63 on June 21, 2007, 03:11:29 pm
Quote from: hydrophonic on June 21, 2007, 02:55:57 pm

Have you watched the last few Impacts? All of the matches have been longer, especially the main event matches. The last two main event matches have been almost 20 minutes each. That is something I think they have been working on, and it has shown in the last few weeks.

ok 20 minutes may have been pushing it. Last weeks main event with Christian vs Abyss was almost 15 minutes, the Harris vs Storm match the week before was over 17 minutes, which may be a "Match of the year" candidate also. Harris is going to be a big time player! Anyway, my point is they are getting better at managing their time and they are having longer matches.

hydrophonic

Quote from: Panthers63 on June 21, 2007, 03:53:15 pmAnyway, my point is they are getting better at managing their time and they are having longer matches.

And I'm really just having some fun.  I wish I could watch iMPACT!, but I'm enjoying spending the money I used to give to the cable company.  The 2 newest PPVs in my collection are both TNA shows.

hydrophonic

Panthers63

What do you think about Chris Harris?

hydrophonic

Quote from: Panthers63 on June 21, 2007, 04:01:42 pm
What do you think about Chris Harris?

I haven't seen enough of him solo to really know.  AMW would probably get my pick for best tag team of this decade though.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: hydrophonic on June 21, 2007, 03:50:06 pm
Quote from: hellrazor on June 21, 2007, 03:41:47 pmAs I understand it, they are now with the NWA.

I thought the NWA just pulled out of their agreement and TNA had to stop using the NWA Titles?

They'd been with the NWA for quite some time, but they recently ended their affiliation with them. TNA and NWA are now two completely separate entities with no connection.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

hellrazor

raze<br />1 a archaic : ERASE b : to scrape, cut, or shave off<br />2 : to destroy to the ground : DEMOLISH

hydrophonic

I'm staying with friends in Little Rock and I got to catch the main event.  I think there was about 5 minutes of ring work on TV.  Maybe there was more, but it sure went by fast.

Panthers63

Quote from: hydrophonic on June 23, 2007, 09:44:31 am
I'm staying with friends in Little Rock and I got to catch the main event.  I think there was about 5 minutes of ring work on TV.  Maybe there was more, but it sure went by fast.

Yeah, the main event didn't last as long as I wanted it to. But, I think the main event next week will make up for it. I read that the match with Angle vs Christian vs Rhino is suppose to be over 30 minutes long and the best match on Impact since going to spiketv. They had over a 1.2 rating last week which was their highest yet.

hydrophonic

Quote from: Panthers63 on June 23, 2007, 01:52:33 pmI read that the match with Angle vs Christian vs Rhino is suppose to be over 30 minutes long

I saw that too, should be fun.

Their talent puts on good matches, but iMPACT! just isn't a good show. No wonder they never publish their PPV buy rates.  If you aren't a hard core, reading about wrestling on the internet kind of a fan and ALL you've ever seen is what has been on Spike, why would you give them - what do they get, $30? - whatever to see a PPV?