Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greatest College Football Programs of all time

Started by WizardofhOgZ, August 27, 2015, 02:43:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorfox

Pretty much where we've been for a while.  Too bad we've been so mediocre (with a few flashes of greatness and awfulness) for the last 25 years or we'd be higher on the list. 

EastexHawg

UTEP isn't in the list.  I'm guessing a program had to have at least one top 25 finish over the last 80 years to crack the rankings at all. 

bigdaddyhawg

Alabama and Notre Dame fans are going to absolutely lose their minds over this one!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Adam Stokes

Arkansas by the decades:

1930's - 23
1940's - 77
1950's - 35
1960's - 2
1970's - 10
1980's - 20
1990's - 42
2000's - 52
2010's - 20

All-time - 18

bphi11ips

Quote from: Razorfox on August 27, 2015, 02:47:36 pm
Pretty much where we've been for a while.  Too bad we've been so mediocre (with a few flashes of greatness and awfulness) for the last 25 years or we'd be higher on the list. 

When we joined the SEC we were neck and neck with Auburn and ahead of LSU and well ahead of Florida.  Of course most, especially the vocal poor-me crowd here, attributes that to the difference between the SEC and the SWC.  There's some truth to that, but not as much as some think.  Arkansas suffered more than anything else from substandard coaching between 1990 and 2007.  Like him or not, Petrino will generate wins, especially short-term.  Bret Bielema, however, is the first coach Arkansas has had since Ken Hatfield with the ability to sustain a program for an extended period. 

Thanks for posting.  Always proud to be a Razorback. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

BearsBisonsBoars

#18 of all time, #18 preseason this year.

Coincidence? I think not. 

2015: the year of the Hog :razorback:

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on August 27, 2015, 05:19:06 pm
#18 of all time, #18 preseason this year.

Coincidence? I think not. 

2015: the year of the Hog :razorback:

So what you are saying is we will finish the season 18th?.....
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on August 27, 2015, 06:39:10 pm
So what you are saying is we will finish the season 18th?.....
We'll clearly, if you go by the numbers, if our preseason ranking equals our "of all time" ranking, then we'll obviously have an "of all time" season. ;)