Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ark times predicts the season one of three articles.

Started by DeltaBoy, August 27, 2015, 10:25:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

August 27, 2015, 10:25:43 am Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 10:51:21 am by DeltaBoy
http://www.arktimes.com/arkansas/rolling-in-september/Content?oid=4010214

Calls for a 9-3 year with losses to Tinner, Ole Piss and LSWHO.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bigdaddyhawg

If we beat Bama at Bama we will not lose to LSU in BR.

Also, the scores the give are out of touch with reality.  This team will thrive based on its' defense, not on its' offense.  No way in purple hades LSU could score 44 points on us if we gave them 8 quarters to do it.

I could see a season as they predict, with losses at UT, Bama, and OM.

IMO that would be a very good year.  Not a great one, but certainly one to be proud of.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on August 27, 2015, 10:52:17 am
If we beat Bama at Bama we will not lose to LSU in BR.

Also, the scores the give are out of touch with reality.  This team will thrive based on its' defense, not on its' offense.  No way in purple hades LSU could score 44 points on us if we gave them 8 quarters to do it.

I could see a season as they predict, with losses at UT, Bama, and OM.

IMO that would be a very good year.  Not a great one, but certainly one to be proud of.

After the train (motorcycle) wreck that we've been through, I'll take 9-3 as a very very good year.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 27, 2015, 10:56:12 am
After the train (motorcycle) wreck that we've been through, I'll take 9-3 as a very very good year.

I agree.  It's just the potential on this team IF IF IF Brandon Allen can step his game up and be a difference maker (as I believe he can!!) this team could border on greatness.  But even then we'd have to get some breaks to go much above 9-3.

But it could happen!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

hogcard1964

He has us really lighting up the scoreboard but giving up A LOT of points.

GuvHog

After going 10-2 and 11-2 in 2010 and 2011 with less talent on defense, I would find it hard to call 9-3 a great finish. I would say it's okay and I wouldn't complain at all about it but barring any further injuries, this team is talented enough to go 10-2 if not 11-1.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Tusks

For those picking OMU as a loss for the hogs, please tell me how OMU is going to score?  Do you really think the OMU D is going to out score the hogs O?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 27, 2015, 10:58:55 am
He has us really lighting up the scoreboard but giving up A LOT of points.

Texas A&M offensively could be better than they were last season when we played them.

Auburn has the potential of being better at passing than they were last season.

Teams who have good Wide Receivers, and who can pass, can negate an opposing team's Defensive Line.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: tusked on August 27, 2015, 11:37:15 am
For those picking OMU as a loss for the hogs, please tell me how OMU is going to score?  Do you really think the OMU D is going to out score the hogs O?

Games are lost 6-3, 7-3, 7-6 all the time.

Having said that I think their offense AT HOME will be a threat to score some points on us.

Hogarusa

Ole miss will figure out how to score points by week 10 of the season.   they aren't going to be at the bottom of the SEC or averaging 16 ppg.

9-3 would be an outstanding season, let's not be silly. Hogs only have six 9+ win seasons since 1990.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

hawginbigd1

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on August 27, 2015, 12:03:26 pm
Games are lost 6-3, 7-3, 7-6 all the time.

Having said that I think their offense AT HOME will be a threat to score some points on us.
Their defense is good, but they won't shut us down, I see no way they beat us, even at their place. Their OL and run game are not significantly better and I don't believe in any of the QB's they are talking about rolling out there. We win 21-10

ldfergu

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 27, 2015, 10:25:43 am

I'm not sure we escape Aub and Bama unscathed. I do think we'll beat LSU with OM a toss up.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: GuvHog on August 27, 2015, 11:35:01 am
After going 10-2 and 11-2 in 2010 and 2011 with less talent on defense, I would find it hard to call 9-3 a great finish. I would say it's okay and I wouldn't complain at all about it but barring any further injuries, this team is talented enough to go 10-2 if not 11-1.

I could see that. Our LOS play and defense will be better this season than in 10 and 11 but those 10 and 11 teams had QBs that could make a 3rd and 6 with 2 minutes left in the game.

I like BA but he hasn't proven himself when the game gets tight. Wilson and Mallet were $$$ when the game was on the line. 2010: UGA, LSU, Miss St. 2011: Vandy, Ole Miss, aTm, Kansas State.

If we had a QB like Wilson or Mallett last year we would have been 10-2.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 27, 2015, 12:10:57 pm
Their defense is good, but they won't shut us down, I see no way they beat us, even at their place. Their OL and run game are not significantly better and I don't believe in any of the QB's they are talking about rolling out there. We win 21-10

How many points did we score at MSU last year?  MSU had a really good defense, but not as good as OM, IMO.

OM shut down some pretty good offenses last year at home.  And we haven't played that well on the road.

That alone should give one significant pause re: that game.

DeltaBoy

I hope with another year of Maturity that we will be better on the ROAD!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 27, 2015, 12:13:07 pm

I understand your point there, but I think this is a pretty big stretch.  Maybe they could have gone 10-2 IF everything else went our way 100%, but that simply doesn't happen in CFB.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 27, 2015, 12:13:07 pm
I could see that. Our LOS play and defense will be better this season than in 10 and 11 but those 10 and 11 teams had QBs that could make a 3rd and 6 with 2 minutes left in the game.

I like BA but he hasn't proven himself when the game gets tight. Wilson and Mallet were $$$ when the game was on the line. 2010: UGA, LSU, Miss St. 2011: Vandy, Ole Miss, aTm, Kansas State.

I agree Wilson and Mallett were money in the pressure cooker.  So far Brandon has cracked or his WR have let him down.

LRHawg

We won't know how good Ole Miss will be until we see what their new QB is like. If he can't get the ball to Treadwell then they are going to lose a lot of games.

31to6

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 27, 2015, 10:25:43 am

His scores are a bit high.

He's calling on Rob Smiths defense to give up 248 points in 11 games (he did not list a score for the Mizzou game) and drop from 10th in the nation to 40th?  Even if we step back a bit, I still see us with a top-20 defense again this year.

robs4516

You obviously didn't read the article:

"The Hogs will score some in this one, but the Rebels shock the defense by running straight through it. And it's that power game that befuddles Robb Smith's crew, so much so that the Hogs end up giving up a season-worst rushing total and give away hopes of a division crown. "

Sometime between now and then, ole miss is going to find a "power running game" and befuddle our defense. All of this, no less, at the end of a 10 week stretch with no bye week.

Where's that sarcasm emoticon?
First of all, I didn't start it...
Second of all, they were all still alive when I walked out

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on August 27, 2015, 12:25:32 pm
I understand your point there, but I think this is a pretty big stretch.  Maybe they could have gone 10-2 IF everything else went our way 100%, but that simply doesn't happen in CFB.

Well yea if every game had gone the exact same way only sub in Wilson/Ryan for BA, the team would have won 9 or 10 games.
Could say the same thing about subbing in Zach Hocker for any average kicker that we had last year. aTm is DEFINITLEY a W, Bama is a W and maybe Miss State would have been a W.

I do feel like the coaches have confidence in Cole Hedlund heading into 2015.

DeltaBoy

Hollywood_HOGan45

I just don't get the Ole Miss hype either.  Teams get banged up during the SEC season and we just don't know what the scenerio will look like in November or what OM has at QB but I love our chances right now against the black bears.

I also don't agree with their Tennessee pick. That team has been decimated with injuries.

We drop the games at Bama and at LSU.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 27, 2015, 12:40:20 pm
OLE MISS is a classic paper Tiger.

Just a bunch of hype. They might well have stayed in Oxford for the Peach Bowl and let us have their Playoff bowl spot against TCU.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 27, 2015, 12:43:05 pm
Just a bunch of hype. They might well have stayed in Oxford for the Peach Bowl and let us have their Playoff bowl spot against TCU.

They win some and lose some all at the wrong time.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 27, 2015, 12:41:44 pm
I just don't get the Ole Miss hype either.  Teams get banged up during the SEC season and we just don't know what the scenerio will look like in November or what OM has at QB but I love our chances right now against the black bears.

I also don't agree with their Tennessee pick. That team has been decimated with injuries.

We drop the games at Bama and at LSU.

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 27, 2015, 12:43:05 pm

I'll agree they finished like pure human excrement, but at mid-year last year they had a really good football team.  As someone has mentioned, injuries took a toll on them late, but that can happen to anybody.

Having said that, their no-show vs. TCU was one of the biggest embarrassments in quite a while.

theFlyingHog