Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's the most impressive thing in 2015 you have heard leading to first game?

Started by smb, August 27, 2015, 09:03:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

smb

It can be from coaches, players, media or just your own observations.
Mine has been from Coach BB about the number of linemen on both sides of the ball that might be playing. I just haven't heard of this at Arkansas in a long,  long time.
GeorgiaHOG

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

razorbackkid

Not an exact quote but "last year we had 2 really good players on the defensive front, this year we have eight".

Coach B. talking about our depth on defense. 
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Hogmodo

Froholdte just turned 18 last week.  That boy is going to be a monster when he get's full grown.   :razorback:
Time to git er done Hogs!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 27, 2015, 09:16:49 am
Not an exact quote but "last year we had 2 really good players on the defensive front, this year we have eight".

Coach B. talking about our depth on defense. 

Segrest came back and said he had 11 who were ready to play.
[CENSORED]!

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

LawyerHog50

Wonder if Rob has some 5-2-4 packages ready to get an extra lineman in there?  ::hornsdown::
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

Hogarusa

That Jurassic World has grossed over $1.6 billion worldwide.  That is astounding
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

hawgfan4life

Mike Irwin calling a call in loud mouth an idiot that comes on the radio to hear himself.  Caller thinks he is cute, others around him may think he is cute, but he is a moron - an idiot!

Mr. Irwin may be a lot of things and I do not know him personally, but I think he says what he truly believes to be the truth and his mind.  I respect him for that.

presidenthog

Quote from: Hogarusa on August 27, 2015, 11:46:52 am
That Jurassic World has grossed over $1.6 billion worldwide.  That is astounding
Yes because that movie was actually terrible and full of plot holes. what did the kids parents getting a divorce have to do with anything????

presidenthog

Quote from: hawgfan4life on August 27, 2015, 11:49:51 am
Mike Irwin calling a call in loud mouth an idiot that comes on the radio to hear himself.  Caller thinks he is cute, others around him may think he is cute, but he is a moron - an idiot!

Mr. Irwin may be a lot of things and I do not know him personally, but I think he says what he truly believes to be the truth and his mind.  I respect him for that.
I like ol Michael from Stuttgart every now and then. sometimes he actually knows what he is talking about. I emphasis the sometimes.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on August 27, 2015, 11:41:46 am
Wonder if Rob has some 5-2-4 packages ready to get an extra lineman in there?  ::hornsdown::

Why, yes he does. This week was the first mention (from coaches) of a 5-2 front that I have heard.
[CENSORED]!

HawgTide

Quote from: presidenthog on August 27, 2015, 11:57:14 am
I like ol Michael from Stuttgart every now and then. sometimes he actually knows what he is talking about. I emphasis the sometimes.

I think MFS is one of the biggest [CENSORED] nozzles on the planet. I absolutely loved Irwin owning him :razorback:

Oklahawg

What I have heard is a head coach who can barely contain himself. He has that sound of a man who can't sleep because he KNOWS he is going to win, win a lot, win a lot big, and lead the team to the next level (and maybe beyond). He KNOWS he has something special and can't wait to let the cat out of the bag Sept 5.

The staff has begun toning it down to reel the players back in, and also they are now confronted every practice with whatever the next correction or weakness to address might be. They are not in "stump" mode any longer. But, every now and then still you can hear it in his voice.

I am having to start saving my nickels and dimes in case I need to be cheering live in a BIG bowl game. :)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hollywood_HOGan45

Someone is actually TAKING the place kicker position instead of "they all look the same".

razorcash2

That Jeff Long has fixed the PA at Razorback Stadium.

That picture isn't bad either.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 27, 2015, 12:53:37 pm
Someone is actually TAKING the place kicker position instead of "they all look the same".
This is always good to hear!  Might have cost us a game last year!