Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Come to Jesus Meeting, Improved Footwork Highlight Tuesday Practice Interviews

Started by Jason Carroll, August 25, 2015, 09:42:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Carroll

Drew Morgan chewed out by Bielema, Denver Kirkland's improved stance and footwork, Kody Walker's opportunity all part of Tuesday's uncut offense interviews.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/come-to-jesus-meeting-improved-footwork-highlight-tuesday-practice-interviews

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hobhog

Hmmm. Fullback position as feared: slack to be taken up by solid TE group.

theFlyingHog

Was it just me or did the audio cut out every time they were talking about something I wanted to hear?

sickboy

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 25, 2015, 11:38:20 pm
Was it just me or did the audio cut out every time they were talking about something I wanted to hear?

I know -- I think what he said about D Reed was

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

southeasthog

Quote from: immahog on August 26, 2015, 06:12:44 am
What's Drew morgan and coach B deal ?
None. There was an day earlier in camp when Bielema felt Drew wasn't concentrating enough and giving 100%. He chewed his butt pretty good and Drew has responded well according to reports. Coach Smith was asked about that. There hasn't been another incident.

lefty08

It wasnt a big deal, Morgan was being tripped up by his massive ego, and Coach B put him in check. Im sure he has done that with others as well
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: lefty08 on August 26, 2015, 06:31:32 am
It wasnt a big deal, Morgan was being tripped up by his massive ego, and Coach B put him in check. Im sure he has done that with others as well

The way a coach put it earlier -- Morgan had been slow to accept the idea that how you practice affects how you play. Not always a big-effort guy in practice. Had been satisfied with occasionally showing how good he could be, rather than trying to be that good on every play.

Morgan has hardly made a difference on the field in two years. But the coaches are convinced he is one of the Hogs' best receivers. The top six they named yesterday:

Hatcher
Cornelius
Robinson in the slot

Morgan
Hollister
Reed
[CENSORED]!

Albert Einswine

I like the communication skills of our coaches. Bret has put together a sharp staff.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Not just you, happened to me to.  Is there anyone who didn't have audio dropout problems?

-phil

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 26, 2015, 06:42:35 am
The way a coach put it earlier -- Morgan had been slow to accept the idea that how you practice affects how you play. Not always a big-effort guy in practice. Had been satisfied with occasionally showing how good he could be, rather than trying to be that good on every play.

This is so awesome!!  This is how a HC builds a winning program -- by holding every single player accountable to that standard.  I love it!!

The top six they named yesterday:

Hatcher
Cornelius
Robinson in the slot

Morgan
Hollister
Reed

Interesting how Mr. Hollister is listed in there, but he is almost NEVER mentioned by anyone on Hogville to be a valued member of that group.

Perception is a funny thing -- and often wrong.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

RME

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on August 26, 2015, 09:34:00 am
This is so awesome!!  This is how a HC builds a winning program -- by holding every single player accountable to that standard.  I love it!!

Interesting how Mr. Hollister is listed in there, but he is almost NEVER mentioned by anyone on Hogville to be a valued member of that group.

Very true. If Hogville had its way, Reed would be the only receiver to ever play.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 26, 2015, 09:44:42 am
Very true. If Hogville had its way, Reed would be the only receiver to ever play.

Although it's not supposed to be acceptable to bash current players, the WR group has been bashed more than the rest of the team put together.  According to many here on Hogville there's not a one of them worth shooting -- except for DR!!

I'll add this: Keon Hatcher is a quality WR.  I believe he'll play at the next level.  IMO he made BA look a whole lot better than BA made him look last year.  But he doesn't get a whole lot of respect around here.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Grizzlyfan

Morgan has hardly made a difference on the field in two years. But the coaches are convinced he is one of the Hogs' best receivers. The top six they named yesterday:

Hatcher
Cornelius
Robinson in the slot

Morgan
Hollister
Reed
Not being a great practice player would the LAST thing you would think Morgan would be accused of.  Yes he has the typical Greenwood ego, but he was a workout beast.  Whether it was CrossFit or real football practice. 

Maybe the grind is starting to wear him down.

LRHawg

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on August 26, 2015, 09:57:40 am
Although it's not supposed to be acceptable to bash current players, the WR group has been bashed more than the rest of the team put together.  According to many here on Hogville there's not a one of them worth shooting -- except for DR!!

Ah yes, the backup quarterback syndrome.

Love them till they actually hit the field and have a chance to make a mistake or two!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: LRHawg on August 26, 2015, 10:14:13 am
Ah yes, the backup quarterback syndrome.

Love them till they actually hit the field and have a chance to make a mistake or two!

Not sure how you got anything from that post about a backup QB.  The post was to address the incorrect perception some fans have about some players.

No hidden agenda.  I just don't like people putting down Keon and our WR's in an attempt to build BA up.

Bigdavis

They must have gotten these videos from rivals. Their audio has been cutting in and out on every player and coach interview for weeks.

Hog N Bama

Yeah it cut out here too. Interesting how it cut out on the most interesting questions  >:( For the love of God, would somebody please buy a microphone or two for the media room so we can hear.

threeNout

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: threeNout on August 26, 2015, 11:36:56 am
can't watch the video, what's the "Come to Jesus" all about?

It's referencing a question by a reporter regaeding the conversation Bielema had awhile back, and how Morgan has responded in a positive way.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on August 26, 2015, 09:34:00 am

Hollister was not listed when coaches ran through the top six receivers earlier in camp. Who knows what changed.
[CENSORED]!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 26, 2015, 03:12:53 pm
Hollister was not listed when coaches ran through the top six receivers earlier in camp. Who knows what changed.

No Police report so far so maybe his Mom is sick??????
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

AugustaHog

Hatcher has the ability to be a very good WR and build on a very solid 2014.  Reed is the ultimate "potential" guy.  He has all the freak athletic statistics which certainly encourages daydreaming about 80 yd TD catches.  I think we will see some good things out of him, but next year he will really shine.  Cornelius and Jojo are the keys.  If they live up to the potential, BA will have lots of weapons to work with.  Hollister and Morgan lack the Wow Factor, but are just plain good WRs.  They seem to settle really well and find holes in the D.  That 2nd string group of WRs could be very good this yr.

Justagp

Happened to me too - rather frustrating...

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on August 26, 2015, 09:57:40 am

I'll add this: Keon Hatcher is a quality WR.  I believe he'll play at the next level.  IMO he made BA look a whole lot better than BA made him look last year.  But he doesn't get a whole lot of respect around here.
I've been on the other side of this conversation in the past, but I agree that Hatcher is good and has been good. However, one WR doesn't a corps make, even with Henry. He has more help now, so I expect the WRs to be much much better.

For the first time, I'm actually worried more about BA than the whole of the weapons around him. I still think he'll be ok. Gotta have faith.

LRHawg

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on August 26, 2015, 10:18:18 am
Not sure how you got anything from that post about a backup QB.  The post was to address the incorrect perception some fans have about some players.

No hidden agenda.  I just don't like people putting down Keon and our WR's in an attempt to build BA up.

You misunderstood me. My point was DR is getting love based on potential and the fact he's not had a chance to make a mistake yet. I think he'll do well, but it's funny to me to see him talked up more than Hatcher when he's a known commodity, much like a backup QB is over the starter.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hobhog on August 25, 2015, 10:24:36 pm
Hmmm. Fullback position as feared: slack to be taken up by solid TE group.

Why fear what appears to be by design?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ChiTown27

Quote from: lefty08 on August 26, 2015, 06:31:32 am

Massive ego? Do you know DM?

As for the chewing, I like to see our even-tempered coach lose it from time to time. That shows passion!
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

Peter Porker

Quote from: ChiTown27 on August 27, 2015, 02:55:45 am

As for the chewing, I like to see our even-tempered coach lose it from time to time. That shows passion!

He's known by more than a few people to be his own biggest fan.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

lefty08

Quote from: ChiTown27 on August 27, 2015, 02:55:45 am

I have never met the kid and im a fan, but when your head coach says in a press conference he needs toleave his ego at the door, its a safe bet the kid has a massive opinion of himself. I dont think thats a negative at all. We need some of that on offense imo
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

Phil D

Quote from: threeNout on August 26, 2015, 11:36:56 am
can't watch the video, what's the "Come to Jesus" all about?

According to Michael Smith, Drew dropped three passes in a row and Coach BB had seen enought came over and laid into him. Coach Smith said thats my boss and I wasnt getting in the middle of that. LOL. Anyway thats the story from coach smith. :razorback:

GO HOGS!!!!!!

threeNout

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on August 26, 2015, 11:53:03 am
It's referencing a question by a reporter regaeding the conversation Bielema had awhile back, and how Morgan has responded in a positive way.

Quote from: Phil D on August 27, 2015, 06:10:51 am
According to Michael Smith, Drew dropped three passes in a row and Coach BB had seen enought came over and laid into him. Coach Smith said thats my boss and I wasnt getting in the middle of that. LOL. Anyway thats the story from coach smith. :razorback:

OK, still don't understand what "Come to Jesus" has to do with any of that, I'm still just missing an important piece I guess.

lefty08

Quote from: threeNout on August 27, 2015, 07:29:13 am

OK, still don't understand what "Come to Jesus" has to do with any of that, I'm still just missing an important piece I guess.

Itsa figure of speech meaning my way or the highway

threeNout

Quote from: lefty08 on August 27, 2015, 07:32:29 am

never heard that one before, never too old to learn something I guess. thanks.

PonderinHog

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: lefty08 on August 27, 2015, 07:32:29 am

Quote from: threeNout on August 27, 2015, 07:35:04 am
never heard that one before, never too old to learn something I guess. thanks.

Actually the origin of that saying was the old church meetings or tent meetings where a preacher would bring the fire and preach the word with tremendous intensity and forcefulness, so much so that people would respond and "come to Jesus".

It came out of that to mean anytime someone "brought the fire" and preached a word that the listener had better get his mind around, and right now!!

I think this situation was definitely a come to Jesus moment for young Mr. Morgan!!