Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB's answer about receivers at the LR Td club presser

Started by arlhog, August 24, 2015, 09:57:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arlhog

Anyone besides me get the "not so warm fuzzy" feeling about his answer when asked about receivers that can stretch the field?  It's not rocket surgery.  The better, faster receivers you have, the more the defense has to keep players back.  If you can't stretch the field, they can play closer to the line.  You can run the ball all day long, but as long as you have the deep threat the defense has to respect it.  Henry is an elite TE, Hatcher is a solid receiver, and Reed is a possibility but an unknown at this level.   Maybe it's just me but I didn't really like the answer at all.

ricepig

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

TomasPistola

I had a sick feeling to my stomach. But that turned out to be the trots.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

bigbadhog

I never feel warm and fuzzy about BB's passing attack.  It will never be a priority in his offense...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

Nipsey Mussle

I happened to be wearing a fuzzy sweater that night.

RedBird5

soooieman

Quote from: bigbadhog on August 24, 2015, 10:15:55 pm
I never feel warm and fuzzy about BB's passing attack.  It will never be a priority in his offense...
As long as we win I don't care if we never throw a pass again..

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

HogMantheIntruder

Since we're on the subject, does anyone else ever get that "not so fresh feeling"?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Poppa Tart on August 25, 2015, 01:11:48 am
Since we're on the subject, does anyone else ever get that "not so fresh feeling"?

Only when reading some of these posts...

Wooo Pig! :razorback:

Hog N Bama

The passing game is exciting and flashy. BUT, I have to admit I love seeing us just bulldoze defenses to submission! And watching people like Gus get lockjaw from gum chewing cause they can't get the ball!
Coach B is like "NO! It's mine and you can't have it!!" ;D :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

scruf

ChitownHawg

Quote from: arlhog on August 24, 2015, 09:57:01 pm
Anyone besides me get the "not so warm fuzzy" feeling about his answer when asked about receivers that can stretch the field?  It's not rocket surgery.  The better, faster receivers you have, the more the defense has to keep players back.  If you can't stretch the field, they can play closer to the line.  You can run the ball all day long, but as long as you have the deep threat the defense has to respect it.  Henry is an elite TE, Hatcher is a solid receiver, and Reed is a possibility but an unknown at this level.   Maybe it's just me but I didn't really like the answer at all.

Only people with an agenda would make that statement. If you object to me saying that then look to see that Bigbadhog agrees with you. CBB's statement was just fine.

And the term is rocket science not surgery.  ::)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Hog N Bama

The passing game will be improved vs last year. No complaint about that. Can't wait to see some deep balls for TD by D. Reed. Dude is gonna be a player. :razorback:

Mike Irwin

It might be helpful, if you're going to start a thread, to provide a link and make a specific reference to what exactly he said that gave you a "not so warm fuzzy" feeling.

greasy_corner

Quote from: ChitownHawg on August 25, 2015, 05:55:27 am

That was the best part of the post.  Coach Ford would be proud.

chitwnhog

Only people with an agenda would make that statement. If you object to me saying that then look to see that Bigbadhog agrees with you. CBB's statement was just fine.

Maybe he's a Mulehead fan...

http://www.amazon.com/Rocket-Surgery-Mulehead/dp/B00005RFKX

Hoggish1

Mitch C

As a fully heterosexual male, no other male has ever given men anything that could be categorized or otherwise described as warm and fuzzy.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: bigbadhog on August 24, 2015, 10:15:55 pm

Speaking of agendas....

bp

bigbadhog

Quote from: BorderPatrol on August 25, 2015, 08:16:57 am
Speaking of agendas....

bp

Only agenda is to win - can't do it without a passing attack...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

RazorbackRon

Quote from: bigbadhog on August 25, 2015, 08:23:44 am

so CBB doesn't want to win?
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: RazorbackRon on August 25, 2015, 08:24:53 am
so CBB doesn't want to win?

Its no secret that BBH hates CBB and wants him to fail miserably at Arkansas.

bp

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: bigbadhog on August 25, 2015, 08:23:44 am

Well, you've cracked the secret code!!  All these years hundreds of thousands of coaches and staffs have worked long hours to seek the holy grail, which is the key ingredient to what it takes to win.

And you've done it.  WE MUST HAVE A PASSING ATTACK!!  Every Hog fan should make this our singular purpose -- to find our passing attack!!  It's lost and currently we have no passing attack!!

Only through diligent searching will it be found.  Hopefully, CBB, his coaching staff, the players, and Hog fans everywhere will find our passing attack before we play UTEP.  For without it WE WILL NOT WIN!!

bigbadhog has shown us the light!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

rickm1976

Quote from: Mike Irwin on August 25, 2015, 07:21:00 am
It might be helpful, if you're going to start a thread, to provide a link and make a specific reference to what exactly he said that gave you a "not so warm fuzzy" feeling.

Really.  I'm reading this and have no idea to what the OP is referring.

hoglady

Yep - some of us have absolutely no idea what was said.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hogsanity

BB did not say he has made a total shift in his philosophy and is now going to a 5 wide spread, will never punt, and will average 50 passes per game. That is still what some people here pine for.

A solid passing attack is being able to throw successfully when you want to, but having a good enough offense, all around, to rarely HAVE to throw. Any time, as an offense you are put into a situation of HAVING to do something, that gives the defense a huge advantage.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Cure

Bielema will throw the ball if he has receivers, he's shown that plenty of times before.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Cure on August 25, 2015, 08:52:19 am
Bielema will throw the ball if he has receivers and QB, he's shown that plenty of times before.

And that is not a knock on BA because I like the kid. But just look at his stats when he was at Wisky and when he has a good QB they put up some good passing numbers when he doesn't they run more.

younghog

GO HOGS

Cinco de Hogo

Maybe the term is appropriate, rocket science would be building the rocket(it's already built), rocket surgery would be repairing or tweaking the rocket.  Isn't that what we want done with our passing offense?

duckman

All I know is the season can't start soon enough, then the threads like this can be looked at like the pure crap they are.

hogsanity

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 25, 2015, 09:01:18 am
And that is not a knock on BA because I like the kid. But just look at his stats when he was at Wisky and when he has a good QB they put up some good passing numbers when he doesn't they run more.

One thing his Qb's had at Wisc, when they put up big numbers, was at least 1 big time receiver.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Iwastherein1969

as some idiot Buckeye fan who happens to live in Mississippi and calls the Finebaum Show daily says, "Hot garbage, its just hot garbage! "
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hogsanity on August 25, 2015, 10:28:50 am
One thing his Qb's had at Wisc, when they put up big numbers, was at least 1 big time receiver.

We have at least three that could fill that role, just have to wait until we see them in action.

Hatcher, Reed and Robinson could easily have big time numbers.

I'll bet those big time receivers CBB had at Wiscy didn't appear on campus that way.  LOL, they were probably 2 stars.

hogsanity

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 25, 2015, 10:35:28 am
We have at least three that could fill that role, just have to wait until we see them in action.

Hatcher, Reed and Robinson could easily have big time numbers.

I'll bet those big time receivers CBB had at Wiscy didn't appear on campus that way.  LOL, they were probably 2 stars.

very well could have been. I remember not long after he took the job here I went and looked up Wisc players drafted by the nfl from Wisc while he was there as HC, and there were 4 or 5 WR's and 3 or 4 te's.

By big time I mean guys who can line up and run by your best DB, guys who can stretch the field. Hatcher is a good receiver, tough as nails too, but he is not that type of guy. JoJo and Reed may be, time will tell.

MJ2

Bottom line is he prefers to run the ball and anything else is outside his element and he's never quite comfortable chunking it.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: MJ2 on August 25, 2015, 11:17:47 am
Bottom line is he prefers to run the ball and anything else is outside his element and he's never quite comfortable chunking it.

I don't think he is uncomfortable exactly he just needs help because it's not his strong point.  That was the reason he hired Chaney and the reason he hired Enos. 

Hogarusa

Can't imagine the stress involved when performing surgery on a rocket
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Mulberry Squeezins

scruf

Did CBB do a Q&A at the LRTD Club yesterday? I must have missed it because I saw him speak for 40 minutes and then leave the stage. Did he come back up and do a Q&A? Serious question.

ricepig

Quote from: scruf on August 25, 2015, 04:41:50 pm
Did CBB do a Q&A at the LRTD Club yesterday? I must have missed it because I saw him speak for 40 minutes and then leave the stage. Did he come back up and do a Q&A? Serious question.

He met the press either before, or after it. There was a link on that on here somewhere.

Here:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=596910.0

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: greasy_corner on August 25, 2015, 08:01:07 am
That was the best part of the post.  Coach Ford would be proud.

I think he meant "It ain't a scientific rocket."
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

JaxFlaRazorback

Coach Royal said, "Three things can happen when you pass, and two of them are bad."