Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SDS: Unpredictable Players

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, August 24, 2015, 05:32:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

D. Wise is one of 10 that they profile in this article. I think that they will be able to add a few more names from Arkansas after the season starts. We have some kids who may not be nationally recognized at this point but that is probably going to change once folks get to watch them play.

DEATRICH WISE JR.: ARKANSAS, DL
Deatrich Wise Jr. only had 13 tackles last year. But three of them went for a loss, while another two went down on the stat sheet as sacks. The 6-foot-5, 272-pound redshirt junior is the purest pass rusher on Arkansas' deep defensive line and probably has the most potential. A shoulder injury has slowed Wise this summer, but he's competing for a starting position at defensive end for the Razorbacks opposite of JaMichael Winston. If he can survive the rigors of a full season, expect big numbers from Wise on a revamped Arkansas defense. A full year for Wise in a prominent role could make for a long season for opposing quarterbacks.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/10-unpredictable-sec-players-in-2015/
Go Hogs Go!

onebadrubi

MuskogeeHogFan

I think Ledbetter is going to be one of those "unpredictable players" by their definition. I believe he will definitely have a positive impact on our front four and our pass rush in particular.
Go Hogs Go!

hammer66

I think Ragnow is our best kept secret on the team. Teams will be focusing on the 2 Jrs and 2 Srs but will be shocked how dominate Ragnow is.

JIHawg

lookawayquick

Jeremy Sprinkle is gonna blow up.

hawginbigd1

Of the returners on DL i really believe Wise is the most dynamic of all. Seems like injury and maybe some motor problems hinder him, but that is just a theory based on his normal positioning on the depth chart.

SharpTusk

Muskogee, you have more credibilty than the people at SDS regarding Arkansas. I know. I worked there, and I've seen your posts..
Writer on  hog database

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: SharpTusk on August 24, 2015, 05:55:16 pm
Muskogee, you have more credibilty than the people at SDS regarding Arkansas. I know. I worked there, and I've seen your posts..

Well here is another, I think that Hjalte Froholdt makes the All SEC Freshman team. Maybe that is just hope on my part but I think that he is a kid in a grown man's body. Time will tell, but I think he is going to be a stud, even as a true freshman, and no one outside of Arkansas sees this coming.
Go Hogs Go!

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 24, 2015, 06:08:20 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bY7OM0ynwE4

I hope he's a huge part and stays healthy.
That's fun and all but that could have very easily been a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct or excessive celebration penalty. My old coach taught that if you got a big sack on 3rd down, you get up and sprint to the sideline and celebrate there. Refs really like to call UC/EC in critical situations, so take them out of the equation.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on August 24, 2015, 08:40:27 pm
That's fun and all but that could have very easily been a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct or excessive celebration penalty. My old coach taught that if you got a big sack on 3rd down, you get up and sprint to the sideline and celebrate there. Refs really like to call UC/EC in critical situations, so take them out of the equation.

Since it didn't happen, no worries. But I agree, acting like you have been there before is a good thing.
Go Hogs Go!

GolfnHog

Another youngster that has a big upside and should start getting in the conversation if he continues to make plays is Santos Ramirez. I predict his name will be in those conversations of Atwater, Kennedy & Hamlin if he continues on the trajectory he's on.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

code red

Wise and Winston....will play "lets meet at the QB"....all year should be fun.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

DeltaBoy

Hjalte Froholdt  The Man Child from Europe.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.