Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White Helmets

Started by bosshawg33, August 23, 2015, 09:26:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lahawg1

I just can't get over how good the old traditional red helmet looks.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Craig O Squeal on August 24, 2015, 09:52:33 am
Or Wisconsin

No doubt because that W and Hog sure look a lot alike. 

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: MJ2 on August 24, 2015, 10:42:22 am
The helmet should always be red - cardinal to be exact.

Or white with a Red Hog.  That is a great look!

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on August 24, 2015, 11:16:36 am
White helmet, white jersey, white pants, white socks, and white cleats will be our best looking combo this year I think.

I agree. 

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: fishes2000 on August 25, 2015, 10:46:03 am
I hate the white helmets. From the first time I saw them all I could see was Texass. They have always had white helmets. Let's go back to the good ole days and red helmets with the slobbering hog on the side.

Actually, Texas had an orange shell with a white stripe from 1951-1956.   And for the record, Arkansas had a white helmet before the red helmet was introduced.  Glad Bielema brought back some tradition with the white helmet.

1930s-1940s : White leather football helmet with front "wing" section outlined in cardinal with three small cardinal stripes extending to back of helmet

1936-1937: White leather helmet with front "wing" section outlined in cardinal with cardinal stripe extending from front to back, intersected by cardinal stripe extending from side to side.

1936-1937: The Cardinal shell is first introduced. 
Cardinal leather helmet with front wing, side panels, and cross-over stripes in white.

1946-1951: The white shell is brought back. White shell with cardinal stripe

LZH

Good Lord, let's just go back to the original pink/orange/brown/green colors of 120 years ago.  Now THAT would draw some attention.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on August 24, 2015, 07:50:47 am
I can't believe we're going to wear white after labor day...
LMAO!!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on August 24, 2015, 11:16:36 am
White helmet, white jersey, white pants, white socks, and white cleats will be our best looking combo this year I think.
Bangin in my white tees
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

bennyl08

Though, as for away color scheme, this is bar none my favorite away game look

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

PonderinHog

Quote from: LZH on August 25, 2015, 08:22:09 pm
Good Lord, let's just go back to the original pink/orange/brown/green colors of 120 years ago.  Now THAT would draw some attention.
So would some bagpipes.

fishes2000

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on August 25, 2015, 08:20:42 pm
Actually, Texas had an orange shell with a white stripe from 1951-1956.   And for the record, Arkansas had a white helmet before the red helmet was introduced.  Glad Bielema brought back some tradition with the white helmet

The fifty's was before I was born so I couldn't say about orange helmets. From the time I knew them in the 60's to today it has been white helmets with their logo.