Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did anybody really wonder about this story?

Started by Biggus Piggus, August 22, 2015, 03:53:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 24, 2015, 07:50:14 am
It's cool, we've all  been banned before. At least I have ... rip Slackaveli, Tavern prince.

Haven't been banned yet, but had to go on vacation once. It sucked.

bp

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Grizzlyfan

First of all Bolin was obviously way too negative in the piece.  He could have asked the questions without being so inflammatory.

That said, if a QB was once committed to Arkansas, then enrolled at USC for spring and summer workouts, then transferred to Alabama, many of you would have some choice commentary for that QB.

Also, when Peavy or Storey transfer they will become significantly more common for some of you.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Southpointhog

The Kig

The gall of CBB taking a kid that wants to come here and compete for a starting job that will be vacated by a 5th year senior.  Who the H does he think he is?  Oh, yeah... the Coach.

It's not like this kid is Cam Newton or fill-in-the-blank with any other talented kid who got in trouble and had some altruistic coach giving him a 2nd or 3rd chance at redemption, selling their souls for wins.  Is he Uncommon?  Maybe... at one point he was the #1 overall player in HS.  Sure, the courtship with UA was short, but actually longer than Philon's (and his situation turned out OK).

Competition is good, especially if it means we get better as a team.  QB is a position where you can never have too much talent.  Look at the QB situation at A&M... Kyler Murray came to A&M knowing that Kyle Allen was the incumbent.    If Town is great, he will compete.  If the other guys have learned during their years here and can take it, great.  Whether it ends up being Allen, Peavey, Storey or Town... who cares as long as the guy under center represents the UA well and leads his team to victory. 
Poker Porker

Tequilin' Time

CRAMPS!!!!   Erica Bolin got some serious crampin going on.

GuvHog

Quote from: BorderPatrol on August 24, 2015, 08:51:40 am
Haven't been banned yet, but had to go on vacation once. It sucked.

bp

Unfortunately I have. There are things one cannot and should not post on here. I learned the hard way that one does not mess with the administrators. They do there job well.

As for Eric Bolin, yeah I agree wholeheartedly that he is an idiot.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HogFansReunited

I question why the kid left USC so quickly but I honestly don't know.  I hope he is happy here and I am not going to bash him.  If he left USC because he was afraid of competition, he came to the wrong place but I am pretty sure he knows that we have several other good QB's that he will have to compete with.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HogFansReunited on August 24, 2015, 03:38:39 pm
I question why the kid left USC so quickly but I honestly don't know.  I hope he is happy here and I am not going to bash him.  If he left USC because he was afraid of competition, he came to the wrong place but I am pretty sure he knows that we have several other good QB's that he will have to compete with.
definitely wasn't that. he signed in a class with 2 top 5 Qbs, he participated and showed out at The Opening against the best of the best. Fear of his opponents had nothing to do with it.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

HOGINTENNESSEE

You question it. I think it was a smart move. If transfers now he doesn't lose a year of eligibility.

This being scared of competition this is overrated. There are lots of QB transfer's that have worked out great

lefty08

He has also been at USC since the spring semester, He had plenty of time to get a vibe of the place
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged