Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did anybody really wonder about this story?

Started by Biggus Piggus, August 22, 2015, 03:53:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SharpTusk

Thanks Biggus. I finally read the whole thing. I really can't believe what I read.  He channelled his inner Rene Gork like a Champ.  Not surprisingly he also writes for Saturday Down South since those SOBs could afford me for only a month last year when I worked for them.

We took out Clay Travis just using twitter off Bo's show.  This fella best get his head straight.  He better come at issues like this with WAY more facts to support his opinion in the future.
Writer on  hog database

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: nchogg on August 23, 2015, 03:14:09 pm
I don't feel Eric Bolin had all his facts straight. Some of his comments were without merit and should have not been made about Towns. Now after the story about the outburst from his coach at Troy Day it seems to shed some light why Towns wanted to transfer. The facts will probably never be known which is better to be kept between Coach B and player. This is just speculation on my part but it looks to fit the post. Now Eric, write a story about his USC coach and use the same approach you did with Towns.

I never saw any facts

Augustus

that Eric Bolin dude meant to troll... He posted an inflammatory article, then started watching Hogville for the reaction. 

He's now posting to Arkansas Media (and others), about "Look guys! I'm one of you! People are talking about me!"

https://twitter.com/ericwbolin/status/635496187991199744

This kid is just trying to make a name for himself, and he's using the easiest way he knows how, to do so.

Like I said previously, he's a Clay Travis wannabe.... he just doesn't have the various team's fanbase following to be as successful as Clay Travis is.

Augustus

Quote from: redeye on August 23, 2015, 03:26:00 pm
I read a little of his defense on twitter last night.  I never tweeted him and I normally don't "stalk" people on twitter, but I was curious why he'd write what he did.  In fairness to him, he may have meant well and he may be a nice guy.  But the reasons he gave were not sufficient and don't change a thing.

For example, one excuse was that it was written to pressure Bielema into answering what he perceives to be a problem with our quarterback situation.  He claimed that he is seeking the truth by asking hard questions his readers have posed.  I can see that and respect it, but you don't do it by throwing a new player under the bus.  His goals may not be faulty, but the method he used to achieve them was a very poor decision and unethical on his part.

Yeah yesterday? When people started calling him out on his troll article?

...he literally lied about his wife dying, in an effort to get people to back off.

So... there's that.

https://twitter.com/AugustusThe3rd/status/635585783123021824

hawg66

Quote from: ballz2thewall on August 23, 2015, 10:32:11 am
basically, the story from many in the west is that the recruiting "stars" are way off the mark. coupled with that is the lengthy process of a diva in the making.

it might be accurate, and it might not be. but, this was the word after the shift from bama to usc, during the time spent at usc when they were still excited to get him from bama.

this was the "word" well before recent events.

Arkansas got a "diva" transfer at QB from Michigan a few years back who turned out to be a whale of a college QB.

Augustus

Quote from: Doug on August 22, 2015, 08:30:35 pm
His level being Pee-Wee League. I read his crap. I would rather be tortured by an ISIS member reading Robert Shields' stuff than to ever see another Ewik Bawlin piece.

He lives in Uncle Mary's basement (even his own parents kicked him out).

Apparently, some of the "Arkansas Media" think they are completely above reproach... And then, there's the freshman, who don't even realize who they're talking about

https://twitter.com/gsbordelon/status/635293132557557761

Biggus Piggus

Sports writer feels compelled to ridicule Hogville poster. But the poster is the one with the problem...
[CENSORED]!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Augustus on August 23, 2015, 06:12:23 pm
that Eric Bolin dude meant to troll... He posted an inflammatory article, then started watching Hogville for the reaction. 

He's now posting to Arkansas Media (and others), about "Look guys! I'm one of you! People are talking about me!"

https://twitter.com/ericwbolin/status/635496187991199744

This kid is just trying to make a name for himself, and he's using the easiest way he knows how, to do so.

Like I said previously, he's a Clay Travis wannabe.... he just doesn't have the various team's fanbase following to be as successful as Clay Travis is.
he's a writer who says " You seen my Hogville thread" SEEN it? Brilliant.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

PorkSoda

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 23, 2015, 06:55:40 pm
he's a writer whoa say " You seen my Hogville thread" SEEN it? Brilliant.
The English language is overrated.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Biggus Piggus

Sports writer guys: Don't stop to help this one. He is infected. He will bite you, and then you will be infected too.
[CENSORED]!

snoblind

Well, since he is following this thread... 

I still get the Times Record because of the obits, the comics, and I like to read about the
Razorbacks every morning.  But the Razorback coverage is sad.  So when I cancel the subscription I will let management know that I might be back when they decide to lose this clown and pick up the Gazette coverage.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Augustus on August 23, 2015, 06:12:23 pm

Actually they were posting to him

Bahn has proven he hates any coach at Arkansas if that coach is not Gus Malzahn, and WrightThompsonWannabe Harper was right on Bahn's heels saying Hogville will be discussing the article at Larry's Pizza buffet

BPsTheMan

sorry, I didn't mean to classify Wright Thompson Harper as a real media guy - anyway..

Doug

IMHO, there's a couple of clowns they need to let go. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Biggus Piggus

Doc Harper is just pissed because I chose Hogville over Arkansas Fight.
[CENSORED]!

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 23, 2015, 07:27:52 pm
Doc Harper is just pissed because I chose Hogville over Arkansas Fight.

he still calls CBB not-Bret

DaHog

Bg props to you Gus for taking this tick turd to task on twitter last night and today.  Who the eff really lies about their wife dying and then says, just kidding lol?  Dude has some serious issues beyond a bad haircut and picking on kids he's never met.

PonderinHog

Doug

Gus, I appreciate you standing up for me, (and letting me know about the other mental midget, who loves taking only PARTIAL quotes, thus devaluing what I said, since it's not within context). Not that I really need anyone speaking up for me, hah!

What's even more sad (and yes, I'm speaking to you two NON-Hogvillian asshats here; you know who you are)... is that you're taking what I said as absolute fact. Since neither of you dumbasses are a part of Hogville and won't understand the reference I made in that post, you have absolutely no idea what you're speaking of. :)

EDIT: Ut oh... I just sub-tweeted posted about two people that aren't on Hogville. STOP THE PRESSES! WE HAVE A HOT STORY LEADING THE FRONT PAGE!
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

DaHog

Poke the Bear at your own risk Bizniches.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Doug on August 23, 2015, 07:46:49 pm
Gus, I appreciate you standing up for me, (and letting me know about the other mental midget, who loves taking only PARTIAL quotes, thus devaluing what I said, since it's not within context). Not that I really need anyone speaking up for me, hah!

What's even more sad (and yes, I'm speaking to you two NON-Hogvillian asshats here; you know who you are)... is that you're taking what I said as absolute fact. Since neither of you dumbasses are a part of Hogville and won't understand the reference I made in that post, you have absolutely no idea what you're speaking of. :)

EDIT: Ut oh... I just sub-tweeted posted about two people that aren't on Hogville. STOP THE PRESSES! WE HAVE A HOT STORY LEADING THE FRONT PAGE!

well darn, now I gotta follow you

1HourToHogville

If it's true that Eric Bolin is from Stilwell, Ok then he certainly doesn't know much about football.  Having moved on to the Harvard of the Hills (Oklahoma version) Northeastern State University he again never witnessed good football.

I can make assumptions about him like he did RT and CBB:  Eric learned how to cook meth when he was 12. He was rolling his own Stilwell Gold for medicinal purposes at the age of 7. The best athletes he knows are found at the local softball fields speaking Cherokee slang words and drinking Keystone Light. And he was found naked and lost down on the gravel bars in the Illinois River at 5am asking people to take him to Sam N Ella's Pizza. 

I've never met him but I'm sure the above has merit.

PonderinHog

Quote from: 1HourToHogville on August 23, 2015, 08:59:15 pm
If it's true that Eric Bolin is from Stilwell, Ok then he certainly doesn't know much about football.  Having moved on to the Harvard of the Hills (Oklahoma version) Northeastern State University he again never witnessed good football.

I can make assumptions about him like he did RT and CBB:  Eric learned how to cook meth when he was 12. He was rolling his own Stilwell Gold for medicinal purposes at the age of 7. The best athletes he knows are found at the local softball fields speaking Cherokee slang words and drinking Keystone Light. And he was found naked and lost down on the gravel bars in the Illinois River at 5am asking people to take him to Sam N Ella's Pizza. 

Yeah, that's him.  Stilwell, huh?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: DaHog on August 23, 2015, 07:49:53 pm
Poke the Bear at your own risk Bizniches.
spoken well for a man with on 10 posts. Well said, nubby.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 1HourToHogville on August 23, 2015, 08:59:15 pm

that's hilarious! well played, sir.
@Slackaveli

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

BPsTheMan

PonderinHog

PigTales

He's a real piece of work here is part of the Tweet War that took place. He actually lied about his wife dying ... Can't make this stuff up

Augustus

Quote from: Doug on August 23, 2015, 07:46:49 pm

how come you get to cuss on here, but the rest of us can't?!  ;)

BPsTheMan

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 23, 2015, 09:26:27 pm
Oh no!  It's the Hogville Wall of Shame!   :o

guess I need to get Rev off there then..

..nah, I'm tired

PonderinHog

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on August 23, 2015, 09:31:52 pm
guess I need to get Rev off there then..

..nah, I'm tired
Leave the Rev, bring the cannoli.

Doug

I'd say add Ugly Uncle, but those aren't the people that I would associate him with. Richard Davenport, UglyUncle, What's Shakin' Bacon, etc... they need their own.... all great people. :)
--Doug

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Doug on August 23, 2015, 09:43:56 pm
I'd say add Ugly Uncle, but those aren't the people that I would associate him with. Richard Davenport, UglyUncle, What's Shakin' Bacon, etc... they need their own.... all great people. :)

I'm a bad photoshopper

Doc

Sorry if y'all don't like the Larry's Pizza Buffet joke. That's a running gag from the time Steven Godfrey, an SB Nation friend of mine, invited Hogville out last year to get your takes on the program for a story he wrote. The place y'all chose to take him was a Larry's, which I think is funny, and as a result, the "Hogville Summit at the Larry's Pizza Buffet" thing was born. Sorry again if you don't like it, but, yanno, y'all kind of created that yourself.

Also, is "B....E....R....T" forbidden like Voldemort around here? I don't come here a lot, but there seem to be people doing some typing gymnastics to get around saying that term of magnificent endearment. If it's banned, that's pretty amazing considering the terminology this site helped make famous about some other Arkansas coaches. I mean, y'all got "Nutthugger" published in national outlets.

Oh, and Biggus, I've got nothing against you. If you feel more at home here, that's cool. If you ever want to post again at AF, that's cool too. But, trust me, we're doing ok. We just managed to somehow have another record year for the site even though you weren't a part of it.

Pig in the Pokey

this thread...... ooowww, my eyes.
Summary: butthurt aboundeth
@Slackaveli

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 23, 2015, 10:36:07 pm
this thread...... ooowww, my eyes.
Summary: butthurt aboundeth

thin skin aboundeth  :D

Doug

Not from me, there isn't. :)

FYI, the guy that made the comment about my "ISIS" post and I got everything all squared away. I took the opportunity to work with him to show the importance of context and not omitting part of a quote. Once he understood the context of my post, it was clear that I had intended it to be very subtle humor (though I probably could've used a different example here).

As far as Ewik Bawlin's stuff... my only beef with that (aside from being hard to read) is that it was an OpEd piece passed off as news. Did I like what he wrote? Not at all, but that's his prerogative. Sometimes the anti-popular opinion that goes against the grain of the masses riles up the masses. After all, that's how Hogville got its start. :)
--Doug

PonderinHog

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Doc on August 23, 2015, 10:16:26 pm
Sorry if y'all don't like the Larry's Pizza Buffet joke. That's a running gag from the time Steven Godfrey, an SB Nation friend of mine, invited Hogville out last year to get your takes on the program for a story he wrote. The place y'all chose to take him was a Larry's, which I think is funny, and as a result, the "Hogville Summit at the Larry's Pizza Buffet" thing was born. Sorry again if you don't like it, but, yanno, y'all kind of created that yourself.

Also, is "B....E....R....T" forbidden like Voldemort around here? I don't come here a lot, but there seem to be people doing some typing gymnastics to get around saying that term of magnificent endearment. If it's banned, that's pretty amazing considering the terminology this site helped make famous about some other Arkansas coaches. I mean, y'all got "Nutthugger" published in national outlets.

Oh, and Biggus, I've got nothing against you. If you feel more at home here, that's cool. If you ever want to post again at AF, that's cool too. But, trust me, we're doing ok. We just managed to somehow have another record year for the site even though you weren't a part of it.

BPsTheMan

Doug

I was responding to Pokey, you big dummy!

--Doug

Augustus

Quote from: SharpTusk on August 23, 2015, 05:21:07 pm
Thanks Biggus. I finally read the whole thing. I really can't believe what I read.  He channelled his inner Rene Gork like a Champ.  Not surprisingly he also writes for Saturday Down South since those SOBs could afford me for only a month last year when I worked for them.

We took out Clay Travis just using twitter off Bo's show.  This fella best get his head straight.  He better come at issues like this with WAY more facts to support his opinion in the future.

LMAO you cyber-bully

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Doc on August 23, 2015, 10:16:26 pm

I was just joking, Doc, knowing you would see it. I don't matter.
[CENSORED]!

DaHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 23, 2015, 09:15:36 pm
spoken well for a man with on 10 posts. Well said, nubby.

I've been around since 09.  One does not have to post 10,000 times to know never mess with a full grown Bear.  I'm more of an observer.  I come to Hogville like everyone else, to get drawn into a decent thread of discussion on page 1 and watch it decend into a derailed pissing contest 9 out of 10 times by page 4.

Doug

^^ Sometimes those that speak the least can say the most.

(Not sucking up to anyone, FYI) :D
--Doug

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Doug on August 23, 2015, 10:54:18 pm
Not from me, there isn't. :)

FYI, the guy that made the comment about my "ISIS" post and I got everything all squared away. I took the opportunity to work with him to show the importance of context and not omitting part of a quote. Once he understood the context of my post, it was clear that I had intended it to be very subtle humor (though I probably could've used a different example here).

As far as Ewik Bawlin's stuff... my only beef with that (aside from being hard to read) is that it was an OpEd piece passed off as news. Did I like what he wrote? Not at all, but that's his prerogative. Sometimes the anti-popular opinion that goes against the grain of the masses riles up the masses. After all, that's how Hogville got its start. :)
EB is just a horrible writer with skin way too thin to be getting into it with us on twitter. that is a bad look with or without his mullet.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: DaHog on August 24, 2015, 07:41:37 am
I've been around since 09.  One does not have to post 10,000 times to know never mess with a full grown Bear.  I'm more of an observer.  I come to Hogville like everyone else, to get drawn into a decent thread of discussion on page 1 and watch it decend into a derailed pissing contest 9 out of 10 times by page 4.
It's cool, we've all  been banned before. At least I have ... rip Slackaveli, Tavern prince.
@Slackaveli

Wooderson

I'm not going to rant and rave too much about this article.  It's a different perspective that most of us don't agree with.  There is one sentence that has me scratching my head.

"And it's OK. Really, it is. Bielema has injected new life into a program that was as embarrassed as any since Southern Methodist's death penalty in the 1980s."

What?  Is he serious?  I don't think so.  This is simply an exaggerated statement meant to disparage and inflame.  What the hell was our program embarrassed about?  Bobby P?  Our program came out smelling like a rose in the way that was handled.  Bobby P was embarrassed, not the Razorback program.  John L. Smith?  Yes, that was a mistake.  However, not on the level he implies.  Many programs have struggled from having an interim coach.  This sentence simply proves that it was written to elicit clicks.  Unprofessional is what I would describe it as.
Give me liberty, or give me death!