Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harris Not Your Typical Walk-On

Started by Mike Irwin, August 21, 2015, 09:39:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

Some Razorback fans were shocked and concerned to learn that entering the second week of August Camp Arkansas' No. 1 Mike linebacker was a walk-on. At 5-10, 220 pounds Josh Harris may physically look the part of a non scholarship linebacker but his practice habits since last spring and his performance in the first scrimmage of the preseason suggested something else.

"I'll tell you one thing, he comes downhill," junior defensive end JaMichael Winston said heading into Saturday's second full scrimmage. "That's always a good plus for a Mike middle linebacker."

Harris admitted that filling running game gaps in a hurry is his best asset at this point but there is work to be done in fighting off offensive linemen that outweigh him by 80 pounds or more.
-------------------
To read more and to view the video version click on the link below:
http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/harris-not-your-typical-walk-on

Hog N Bama

Excellent report and thanks Mike! Harris is another gem on what is going to be IMO a very salty defense this yr. I think I remember Harris from the Spring game. Fast as lightning. :razorback:

nchogg

Another uncommon young man. For our program these days he is common. That just tells us what kind of players we have. Go Hogs!

smb

Coach B so far is very good at finding uncommon young men.
GeorgiaHOG

Hawgzinbowlz

razorsharptusk

Sounds like we may have another "Spaighter" on our hands!! Word is he is a head knocker.
GO HOGS!!

Pigsknuckles

Saw his highlights in another thread. Got my attention.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BatesvilleHOG

Wish we could shave a few inches off big Dan and give em to Harris

TheRazorback500

If Olajubutu can do it at his size, Josh should be able to. He always seems to be around the ball in practice. I think he'll play a lot.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

jgphillips3

He's a fricking bowling ball that is fast to the ball.  LOTS of people in the SEC are going to know who he is by midseason.  Also, his size and closing speed will make him very valuable against the spread teams. 

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on August 25, 2015, 08:23:24 pm
If Olajubutu can do it at his size...............

...............and Sam Mills, and Zach Thomas, and Nick Buoniconti.............

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Mike Irwin on August 21, 2015, 09:39:40 pm
Some Razorback fans were shocked and concerned to learn that entering the second week of August Camp Arkansas' No. 1 Mike linebacker was a walk-on. At 5-10, 220 pounds Josh Harris may physically look the part of a non scholarship linebacker but his practice habits since last spring and his performance in the first scrimmage of the preseason suggested something else.

"I'll tell you one thing, he comes downhill," junior defensive end JaMichael Winston said heading into Saturday's second full scrimmage. "That's always a good plus for a Mike middle linebacker."

Harris admitted that filling running game gaps in a hurry is his best asset at this point but there is work to be done in fighting off offensive linemen that outweigh him by 80 pounds or more.
-------------------
To read more and to view the video version click on the link below:
http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/harris-not-your-typical-walk-on

LOVE players like this.  Thanks for the insight Mike.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Quote from: smb on August 22, 2015, 07:01:05 am
Coach B so far is very good at finding uncommon young men.

Agreed.  And those are the kind of players that I believe can give you the edge to balance out such a competitive world of SEC recruiting.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Spaight, Bua come to mind....

Any others?

Those kind of players really bring much needed energy...