Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

Some good Stoerner clips from his first few days on the job:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13485519
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13485677
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13496107
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13495997
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13485881

He is excellent at breaking down teams and translating information to the viewer in an easy to understand way.

greasy_corner

With Clint Stoerner there will mcelroy go back to being the heel for Arkansas? 

Jim Harris

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on August 22, 2015, 09:33:27 am
I thought he did a good job, not great, the argument about parody in the league just seemed to drag on, but I think he will provide some good arguments with the others on network.  Just glad we have some rep on that network and it wasn't a dude named "BOOGER"!

parody. I like it. I laugh at it.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

SamBuckhart

I like to see former HOGS doing well. He has the right look for network tv. Good luck, Clint. Wooo Pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

lefty08

parody/parity

same thing i suppose
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

hoglady

Quote from: NuttinItUp on August 23, 2015, 09:04:51 pm
Some good Stoerner clips from his first few days on the job:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13485519
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13485677
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13496107
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13495997
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13485881

He is excellent at breaking down teams and translating information to the viewer in an easy to understand way.

Thanks for posting those.
I'm a homer when it comes to Stoerner (he and Mallett are my favorite Hog QB's).
But you can tell he's put in some work. Prepared, knowledgeable, speaks well and looks great on camera.
SEC Network should be pretty happy with him.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Mike Irwin

I still remember the first time I saw him. He was an incoming freshman and he came to campus a couple of days early. Somebody told me he was down on the game field walking around.

I went down from the top floor of the BAC to check him out. He flashed a big smile and stuck out his hand. We talked for several minutes.

I went back up to the media room and told a couple of the beat reporters that I'd just met the Hogs future starting quarterback. They asked me how I knew that. I said, Go talk to him. You'll see.

hoglady

Great story - thanks for sharing.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

wholehog92

My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

ALLVOL

I like him a lot. But I hope Clint cools down the homerism just a little. He's getting made fun of all over the Web. If any of you know him please pass it on so he can stay on air. He's a smart guy and could be really good.

I'm sure I'm gonna get slammed but being honest.

Mike Irwin

Yeah, I'll be sure to pass along your concern.  He's probably terrified of the web. :puke:

lefty08

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 25, 2015, 11:03:28 pm
I like him a lot. But I hope Clint cools down the homerism just a little. He's getting made fun of all over the Web. If any of you know him please pass it on so he can stay on air. He's a smart guy and could be really good.

I'm sure I'm gonna get slammed but being honest.

Can you cite specific moments of his "homerism"?

I thought he was pretty objective.....
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

Hog Nutt

I caught some of him for the first time last night. I thought he did a good job.

ALLVOL

I should've known better than to bring it up here. It's like if I bring up a former Vol being a Homer on Vol sites.
So y'all are correct he is far and away the best ever and would NEVER be a Homer. Everyone would agree with him that Brandon Allen will have a much better year than Kyle Allen. My bad guys please forgive me.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 26, 2015, 07:58:15 am
I should've known better than to bring it up here. It's like if I bring up a former Vol being a Homer on Vol sites.
So y'all are correct he is far and away the best ever and would NEVER be a Homer. Everyone would agree with him that Brandon Allen will have a much better year than Kyle Allen. My bad guys please forgive me.
Yes, that's much better.  Just don't let it happen again, Ok?   :razorback:

lefty08

If he believes that, does that make him a homer? In assuming you don't believe that. Why turn this into an 8th grade lunchroom food fight with your teenage girl reaction?

BorderPatrol

Well, considering BA is starting and KA is not, he probably WILL have a much better year.

bp

ALLVOL

Quote from: BorderPatrol on August 26, 2015, 08:08:33 am
Well, considering BA is starting and KA is not, he probably WILL have a much better year.

bp
What? Sumlin named Kyle Allen Starter.

ALLVOL

Quote from: lefty08 on August 26, 2015, 08:05:55 am
If he believes that, does that make him a homer? In assuming you don't believe that. Why turn this into an 8th grade lunchroom food fight with your teenage girl reaction?
You're right dude. I'm just hating on Clint and having a bad reaction here. And it's just me.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 26, 2015, 08:09:36 am
What? Sumlin named Kyle Allen Starter.

For how long? He wont be starting after the first game.

bp

HawgWalsh

I can not stand Ruscin!!  I will leave my details to the side but glad he got away from him.

lefty08

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 26, 2015, 08:10:57 am
You're right dude. I'm just hating on Clint and having a bad reaction here. And it's just me.

There you go again, have a conversation already. Is that the only thing he said that made you say that?

ALLVOL

Quote from: lefty08 on August 26, 2015, 08:17:55 am
There you go again, have a conversation already. Is that the only thing he said that made you say that?
I shouldn't have posted that. I should've known the reaction would be "it's a Vol hating on Clint" mentality. So just watch it and I think you will see. My guess is the producers will talk to him and all will be fine.

ALLVOL

Quote from: BorderPatrol on August 26, 2015, 08:11:22 am
For how long? He wont be starting after the first game.

bp
What are you talking about? KA had a great season for the time he was in. Barring injury he may have the most passing yds in the SEC.

I'd slate him 2nd team all-sec if I jad a vote. Behind Prescott.

lefty08

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 26, 2015, 08:24:34 am
I shouldn't have posted that. I should've known the reaction would be "it's a Vol hating on Clint" mentality. So just watch it and I think you will see. My guess is the producers will talk to him and all will be fine.

So he said 1 thing you didnt agree with about a QB who plays for Arkansas and he is a homer? But i think you are overreacting?  Look up the stats, I'm positive there are things BA did better than Kyle last year. It's not such a huge stretch as you say

lefty08

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 26, 2015, 08:24:34 am

Also, if you ever listened to Clint on Arkansas sports radio you wouldn't make such an ignorant statement on 1 thing you heard. Clint is far from a homer

ALLVOL

Quote from: lefty08 on August 26, 2015, 08:33:39 am
So he said 1 thing you didnt agree with about a QB who plays for Arkansas and he is a homer? But i think you are overreacting?  Look up the stats, I'm positive there are things BA did better than Kyle last year. It's not such a huge stretch as you say

You're correct. BA is the next great SEC QB. And gave 1 example.
Look, I like the guy and think he could be really good. I (and many others). Think he was to eager to push Arkansas even when it wasn't logical. I understand that from him. But as a sports analyst you have to be unbiased because there's fans from all over watching. I HATE bammer with a white hot passion. But McClroy does a good job and is getting better.

lefty08

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 26, 2015, 08:41:12 am
You're correct. BA is the next great SEC QB. And gave 1 example.
Look, I like the guy and think he could be really good. I (and many others). Think he was to eager to push Arkansas even when it wasn't logical. I understand that from him. But as a sports analyst you have to be unbiased because there's fans from all over watching. I HATE bammer with a white hot passion. But McClroy does a good job and is getting better.

I repeat again

You made a conclusion about him from ONE thing he said

ONE

ONE

ONE

Had he said the same thing about Dobbs you would have agreed, although Dobbs has not accomplished as much as BA

Don't feel bad, it's called being a fan and it's ok

ALLVOL

Quote from: lefty08 on August 26, 2015, 08:43:48 am
I repeat again

You made a conclusion about him from ONE thing he said

ONE

ONE

ONE

Had he said the same thing about Dobbs you would have agreed, although Dobbs has not accomplished as much as BA

Don't feel bad, it's called being a fan and it's ok
I gave 1 example but there's more. Just watch it.
And if a former Vol had said that about Dobbs I'd have called him a homer. Had Clint said it about Dobbs I'd have laughed because there no base for that statement yet in his career.
Kind of like I laughed at Clint for defending Mattty Mauk being a good pick for 2nd team sec QB.

lefty08

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 26, 2015, 08:54:47 am
I gave 1 example but there's more. Just watch it.
And if a former Vol had said that about Dobbs I'd have called him a homer. Had Clint said it about Dobbs I'd have laughed because there no base for that statement yet in his career.
Kind of like I laughed at Clint for defending Mattty Mauk being a good pick for 2nd team sec QB.

I have watched, and I think he has been more than unbiased

hoglady

ALLVOL - what was the context when you think Clint was being a homer?
Yesterday an Arkansas preview was played a number of times with Clint and Spears doing the preview.
Just wondering?
I could see where in an Arkansas preview Clint might perceived to be a homer.
But truthfully he's not and you will see that as the year goes on. He's the most truthful analyst around here and was consistently critical of Chaney last year - and BA at times.

ALLVOL

Quote from: lefty08 on August 26, 2015, 08:59:31 am
I have watched, and I think he has been more than unbiased
I guarantee you outside of Arkansas that's not what people think. And this is coming from a guy who likes Arkansas a LOT. So I guess opinions very.
Like I said, producers will fix him I'm sure and he'll have a good career. He's not the 1st (Spears used to be terrible) and won't be the last.

ALLVOL

Quote from: hoglady on August 26, 2015, 09:02:04 am
ALLVOL - what was the context when you think Clint was being a homer?
Yesterday an Arkansas preview was played a number of times with Clint and Spears doing the preview.
Just wondering?
I could see where in an Arkansas preview Clint might perceived to be a homer.
But truthfully he's not and you will see that as the year goes on. He's the most truthful analyst around here and was consistently critical of Chaney last year - and BA at times.
What I'm talking about was on SEC Now not the team preview. On team previews I get it. And like I said I believe he will be fine. I'm confident the producers and other analysts will visit or probably have and he will be fine.

AugustaHog

I think what so many non-Hog fans are missing here is that Clint has tons of insight into the Hogs depth chart and how guys have been performing all Fall camp.  He's going to talk about what his strengths are.  As he studies other SEC teams a little more, I think you will hear him getting a little more in-depth on some of the same things regarding other teams.  What I think is funny is that McElroy has been saying many of the same things (BA stuff and Brooks leading the SEC in tackling) as what Clint said and nobody gave him crap about it.  I don't think it is a ridiculous stance to take BA over Kyle Allen.  He's got experience and had a solid season last year.  He's not flashy but he is more likely to take care of the ball than KA will.  As far as ceilings go, KA clearly has a higher ceiling and better WR corps.  Our offense is designed opposite of theirs.  KA will have many more opportunities for the big play because their passing game is the bread and butter.  All this is assumption that KA remains the starter, which is up for debate.

ALLVOL

Quote from: AugustaHog on August 26, 2015, 09:11:31 am
I think what so many non-Hog fans are missing here is that Clint has tons of insight into the Hogs depth chart and how guys have been performing all Fall camp.  He's going to talk about what his strengths are.  As he studies other SEC teams a little more, I think you will hear him getting a little more in-depth on some of the same things regarding other teams.  What I think is funny is that McElroy has been saying many of the same things (BA stuff and Brooks leading the SEC in tackling) as what Clint said and nobody gave him crap about it.  I don't think it is a ridiculous stance to take BA over Kyle Allen.  He's got experience and had a solid season last year.  He's not flashy but he is more likely to take care of the ball than KA will.  As far as ceilings go, KA clearly has a higher ceiling and better WR corps.  Our offense is designed opposite of theirs.  KA will have many more opportunities for the big play because their passing game is the bread and butter.  All this is assumption that KA remains the starter, which is up for debate.
I think most by a large % (out side of Arkansas) would put KA over BA.
As far as Clint, I agree that's what he knows. But as an analyst he has to know more about other teams and I'm sure in time he will. He came across defensive at times as well.
I'm confident he will be fine in time.

ALLVOL

I'm gonna get off this. Because I know what's gonna happen. Some on here know I'm a Hog fan as well and just making an observation. But I know where this is headed and I'm not gonna go there. 
I apologize for saying anything because I should've known better. 

HogtoberFest

I actually think this is what the network is looking for. They want guys who have knowledge of the game but also in depth knowledge of a certain team. It's the in depth information that the sec fan thirsts for, as well as hearing their team talked about positively.

Spears has done well and he is very much an LSU homer.  They will continue to expand on this format.

Hog N Bama

Your ALL VOL msg board is calling you home  ;D

Hog N Bama

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 26, 2015, 09:22:09 am
I'm gonna get off this. Because I know what's gonna happen. Some on here know I'm a Hog fan as well and just making an observation. But I know where this is headed and I'm not gonna go there. 
But but but your screename is ALLVOL.  Clint is a natural on the network. His points on BA and Brooks Ellis are valid.
Don't you think its rather odd that the Hogs were predicted to go 10-2 on the SEC Nwk yet not a single player was voted on the 1st team All SEC? Kinda odd that we shut out both LSU and OM last yr, yet they are higher than us in the preseason AP polls,.... both teams yet to pick a starting QB. Yeah I know Jonathan Williams is out for the season. We will prove everyone wrong on the field. Go Hogs!

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: lefty08 on August 26, 2015, 08:05:55 am

I've noticed he tends to be a little dramatic.  Typical Vol fan

AugustaHog

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 26, 2015, 09:19:47 am
I think most by a large % (out side of Arkansas) would put KA over BA.
As far as Clint, I agree that's what he knows. But as an analyst he has to know more about other teams and I'm sure in time he will. He came across defensive at times as well.
I'm confident he will be fine in time.
In his defense, they posed an either/or question to him.  I guarantee they told him and GM to choose differing sides.  ESPN does this crap all the time.  Look at First Take.  They take opposing views all the time just to have an argument.  Another example was the Mark May/Lou Holtz jabbering back and forth.  It would be a lot less interesting if they just agreed all the time.  Sure the upside on Kyle is higher, but I think I'm pretty comfortable taking Brandon for this season.  Everybody has different opinions which makes the world a better place.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on August 26, 2015, 10:38:30 am
I've noticed he tends to be a little dramatic.  Typical Vol fan
Lol yep that's me. You must read all of my posts. Lol

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 26, 2015, 11:12:06 am
Lol yep that's me. You must read all of my posts. Lol
Your reply is a perfect example.  I don't have to read, nor do I want to read, all your posts, but the pattern is the same on the ones I have read.  When someone disagrees with you, you masticate a reply that encompasses everything bad from the beginning of time to present. You're like this passive aggressive psycho x girlfriend.  I think you need therapy.  Is there a Psychiatrist in the house?

ALLVOL

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on August 26, 2015, 11:31:21 am
Your reply is a perfect example.  I don't have to read, nor do I want to read, all your posts, but the pattern is the same on the ones I have read.  When someone disagrees with you, you masticate a reply that encompasses everything bad from the beginning of time to present. You're like this passive aggressive psycho x girlfriend.  I think you need therapy.  Is there a Psychiatrist in the house?
Thanks. For the advice Dr Phil.

And for the record me laughing at your response is what you misread.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 26, 2015, 09:22:09 am

Hey, they jump on anybody when you're saying something they don't know how to deal with.
[CENSORED]!

ALLVOL

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 26, 2015, 11:35:36 am
Hey, they jump on anybody when you're saying something they don't know how to deal with.
I know. And that's why I said I should have known better.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 26, 2015, 11:38:05 am
I know. And that's why I said I should have known better.
That wasn't quite what you said, you left off a little bit.

lefty08

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 26, 2015, 11:35:36 am

You know when you present opinion for facts, then can't back up your story, someone is gonna have something to say about it. Basically, keep you trap shut unless you are willing to take a stand. Anyone can cry mistreatment when they can't back up their "facts" .  I know you have done your fair share yourself Biggus. Don't let your carry over from your Pittman is messing up thread cloud your judgement here. I don't have time to look at all your previous posts and find examples of you doing the same thing to other posters

Everyone should relax, actual football coming soon

ALLVOL

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on August 26, 2015, 11:45:59 am
That wasn't quite what you said, you left off a little bit.

Have you ever heard of sarcasm?