Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will ESPN show our kick off on time?

Started by Murr, September 24, 2016, 02:10:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

With LSU/Aub kicking off 3 hours before us, will our broadcast get delayed?

Yes, Gus hates us and will throw the ball just to screw us
21 (28.8%)
No, Gus would never do that. He'll HUNH threes and outs just for us
20 (27.4%)
Frito pie is nice, BR's smoked frito pie is better
32 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Voting closed: September 25, 2016, 02:10:02 pm

Murr

I haven't seen a college football game finish under three hours yet this season.  I fear our game will have to kickoff on some other channel.

Regardless, WPS  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

woodrow hog call

The usual other channels all have games that will be in progress, I wonder if hold our kickoff til the game of tigers is over?
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

ricepig

Quote from: woodrow hog call on September 24, 2016, 04:37:33 pm
The usual other channels all have games that will be in progress, I wonder if hold our kickoff til the game of tigers is over?

Nobody is on SEC Alternate.

Rison Razor Hog

I like the HUNH 3-N-outs option. That seems like just Auburn's speed this season, lol!
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

woodrow hog call

Quote from: ricepig on September 24, 2016, 04:38:29 pm
Nobody is on SEC Alternate.

I didn't think about that one, I just looked at the other espn's. Good call.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

nchogg

I missed the first 4 minutes last week but did see the replay.

Hawgar The Horrible

The kickoff was pushed back to 8:15 a couple of days ago in case LSU/AU overran their time slot.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

ChitownHawg

LSU will be so far ahead by 4th Q they will start our game on time.

Unless Auburn's AD has a presser to announce the firing of Gus. :)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Dr. Starcs

Lsu/Aub won't be over until at least 8:30.

Get ready to be angry.

Hog N Bama

I'm going to be very angry if they split between 2 channels and screw up my DVR recording  >:(

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 24, 2016, 04:42:28 pm
LSU will be so far ahead by 4th Q they will start our game on time.

Unless Auburn's AD has a presser to announce the firing of Gus. :)

Maybe they'll play a 10 minute 4Q.

Wild Boarnado

I've been thinking about this all week - no game is just three hours and there is not a 30 minute highlight show between the games like there was last week. I'm guessing the start of our game will be on ESPN2 since there are games on ESPNU and ESPNNews - just have to watch the scroll around 7:55 pm.
"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

hogman99

You better have your AppleTV ready so you can watch it on WatchESPN. You won't miss a down that way.

Wild Bill Hog

RaisinHog

Seriously when is the last time we missed any game action they will start it somewhere we go tbrough this every stinking week

RzRbAcK18

This is you and you have cable. Don't be like you. Internet+watchespn+Netflix is all you need.

popcornhog

Quote from: RzRbAcK18 on September 24, 2016, 05:31:06 pm
This is you and you have cable. Don't be like you. Internet+watchespn+Netflix is all you need.

You also need live streaming CBS to cover all conference games.
WPS

hogsmash12

hogsmash12

Is anyone else here falling asleep?  No offense mother but you're boring.

hogwxld

Quote from: popcornhog on September 24, 2016, 06:04:45 pm
You also need live streaming CBS to cover all conference games.

Apple TV has free trials of CBD full access right now. only 6 bucks or so extra. so sling for the watch espn access and toss in CBS. Netflix for the good original programing lately. Marco Polo needs a weekly episode :)

CBD= CBS

hogsmash12

How many posts does a guy have to submit before being promoted from band nerd?  So I fell asleep a few years.............

HogFaninMemphis

It's 7 and the second half just started...I'll be at a bar. Hopefully we can find the channel. SEC Alternate does make sense
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

Martygit

While SEC Alt "makes sense", I can't imagine ESPN doing that  :puke:
RIP OTR, REV

ricepig

rhog1

If it starts on the SEC alternative they won't show it on Dish. Dish never turns on the alternative unless the game was previously scheduled.

Soooie21

WorfHog

These are both running teams (becasue they cannot throw), no worries.

ricepig

t will start on either ESPN Classic or the SEC Alternate, both are open, would be the best guesstimate.

rangertaunton

Doesnt end by the time we kickoff,what channel will we be shown? Thanks and sorry if somebody has asked this already
Mess with the boar,get the tusks!!!

hogsmash12

(notOM)Rebel123

ESPN will scroll It across the bottom of the screen.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

rljjr

Who are the majority of you wanting to win?

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

zane

RIP LSUfan

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

wupigsuey

barn here. never root for a rude loudmouthed coonass
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

RaisinHog

I prefer LSU to win all though I'm tired of hearing how good Auburn's defence is

Bubba's Bruisers

Once again, we are better than LSU and AU.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

5HOG5

Worst case senario LSU and Auburn go to overtime

Cant stand either one! Hope one gets a big lead so they can switch it over

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

wildhogman

I was gwetting mad aubbie kept pushing them outta bounds. Then fumble,, now lets see if Guz has enough sense to keep the clock running

edit: Nope, he doesn't. he went to the Dale Nutt school of clock management with alead

Athog

Quote from: woodrow hog call on September 24, 2016, 04:37:33 pm
[/quo

ESPN alternate channel is listed on
mine.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: wildhogman on September 24, 2016, 07:48:56 pm
I was gwetting mad aubbie kept pushing them outta bounds. Then fumble,, now lets see if Guz has enough sense to keep the clock running

edit: Nope, he doesn't. he went to the Dale Nutt school of clock management with alead

Thanks, Elmer.

hogsmash12

RUN THE BALL INTO A CLOUD OF DUST AND HURRY THE F* UP ALREADY!!!!

Danny J

Both targeting replays took almost 10 minutes each in real time. College replays take way too long.

budcampbellfan

"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

Soooie21

May not see the whole 1st quarter, if they don't go to another channel..

wildhogman

Quote from: hogsmash12 on September 24, 2016, 07:52:52 pm
RUN THE BALL INTO A CLOUD OF DUST AND HURRY THE F* UP ALREADY!!!!
Makes no sense. Aubbie has the lead and needs the game over and is throwing stopping the clock. LSU needs to score and is running and running the clock. 
Just end the misery, thiers and ours

RzRbAcK18