Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is this normal?

Started by PorkRinds, September 24, 2016, 11:27:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

So you guys tell me if I'm just crazy or what. I'm not an anxious person at all. But when the hogs play I'm a nervous wreck! In fact, they don't play until 8 tonight and I'm already getting that feeling in my gut. Anyone else do this to themselves or is it just me?

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

SPAL

Yep. I get anxious on Friday night.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

LZH

Well considering that I have already been running around my neighborhood butt naked wearing a Bozo wig and a Razorback bumper sticker across my belly, I would say you're probably ok.

PorkRinds

Quote from: LZH on September 24, 2016, 11:29:41 am
Well considering that I have already been running around my neighborhood butt naked wearing a Bozo wig and a Razorback bumper sticker across my belly, I would say you're probably ok.

Dang son. Wake up and start drinking at breakfast again?  ;D

LZH

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 24, 2016, 11:31:29 am

Yeah, I had to circle back by the house to take my medicine. I mean, I wouldn't want to freak out or anything.

AirForceHog

I'm the same. Especially the closer it gets to kick off.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 24, 2016, 11:27:22 am
So you guys tell me if I'm just crazy or what. I'm not an anxious person at all. But when the hogs play I'm a nervous wreck! In fact, they don't play until 8 tonight and I'm already getting that feeling in my gut. Anyone else do this to themselves or is it just me?

I'm so bad that I get physically ill.  My heart rate stays above 120 and I get extremely hot and sweat profusely.

I know it's only a game. I tell myself to calm down and at like a grownup. But it's like I'm a kid that can't control my emotion.

I've resorted to actually not watching the games until after they are over. Stupid, I know.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

ricepig

Wake up?? What makes you think he ever went to sleep???

RzRbAcK18

I get the same feeling I use to get in HD when waiting for a game. I have butterflies all week!

Hog N Bama

Not me. I got confidence :) bring it on !  :razorback:

HoginIllinois

Quote from: The Chief on September 24, 2016, 11:56:54 am
I'm so bad that I get physically ill.  My heart rate stays above 120 and I get extremely hot and sweat profusely.

I know it's only a game. I tell myself to calm down and at like a grownup. But it's like I'm a kid that can't control my emotion.

I've resorted to actually not watching the games until after they are over. Stupid, I know.

I'm going to show this to my wife so she'll know I'm not the only one.

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Hogwop

Every. Friggin. Time.

Though, oddly enough, I'm not THAT nervous about today's game, have a pretty good feeling about it. I'm sure it will get worse the closer it gets to kick off, though. Go Hogs! Kick some aTm ass!
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

Wildhog

I fear for Austin Allen's life.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

jgphillips3

Calm down!?!? Wait...people are able to calm down before a Razorback game?  I could swallow a handful of Valium and I think I would still feel like I had a quadruple espresso 5 minutes ago.  My blood pressure is always rock steady at around 120/80.  On game day, I've seen it jump 40 points.  I've always been pretty sure I'll leave this Earth during a Razorback game someday.

Großer Kriegschwein

HogFansReunited

I am the same way.  I really think being a hog fan will kill me one day.  Fans of teams that are always good or always bad will never understand.  We go into each game knowing that we can win but never knowing how it will turn out.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

RaisinHog

Quote from: Wildhog on September 24, 2016, 12:29:34 pm
I fear for Austin Allen's life.

Every one wants to talk crap about our O-line when truth be known ours may be better than a and m they start like 3 freshman

JayBell

I understand the feeling, but that's a little extreme.  I've only ever felt that way when Alabama came to Fayetteville in 2010 and when the US played England in the 2010 World Cup.  I could barely breathe during the first halves of those games, but I was able to settle a little bit after halftime.

The stakes have to be huge for me to get that anxious.  I don't get why you're so nervous for regular games.  If Arkansas wins today, then yeah, that Alabama game could be nuts.

JayBell

Now, when it gets to the fourth quarter and it's close (which feels like every frickin' game for Arkansas), then I start to become irrational and my heart goes crazy.

The TCU game alone took a few years off my life.

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: JayBell on September 24, 2016, 12:37:33 pm
I understand the feeling, but that's a little extreme.  I've only ever felt that way when Alabama came to Fayetteville in 2010 and when the US played England in the 2010 World Cup.  I could barely breathe during the first halves of those games, but I was able to settle a little bit after halftime.

The stakes have to be huge for me to get that anxious.  I don't get why you're so nervous for regular games.  If Arkansas wins today, then yeah, that Alabama game could be nuts.

Could be?  If we both go into that game undefeated it will be absolutely nuts.

VictoryRedChevy

I usually am. Not about this one, though. Not yet.

trashcan maN

Biggest game since 2011 season. I'm juiced. Win this and you're 6-0 or 5-1 going into 2nd half of season with every remaining game winnable.

HogPharmer

Quote from: RaisinHog on September 24, 2016, 12:36:23 pm
Every one wants to talk crap about our O-line when truth be known ours may be better than a and m they start like 3 freshman

It's not our O line vs their O line I'm worried about... It's our O line vs. their D line
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Paul

It's cool to be in a relevant game in prime time.  Relax & enjoy the ride! I'm about to puke myself.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: JayBell on September 24, 2016, 12:38:46 pm
Now, when it gets to the fourth quarter and it's close (which feels like every frickin' game for Arkansas), then I start to become irrational and my heart goes crazy.

The TCU game alone took a few years off my life.

The KY seven overtime game I thought would do the same thing, but after 5 hours, I gave up and everything that happened was hilarious.

26.2Hog

Sometimes I get so bad that my body temperature goes up, and I start running a low grade fever.

budcampbellfan

yes, very normal.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

Smokehouse

I had butterflies before TCU. It was as much excitement as nervousness, though, I think.

I'm less on edge about tonight. Part of that could be I'm near peak levels of exhaustion after pulling several all nighters the past couple weeks (it's like performance enhancement for fandom!)

But I think mostly I'm not as concerned because the Hogs already have the TCU feather in their cap. 1-1 versus ranked teams and you can still have a great season, 2-0 and things are sitting really pretty... 0-2 and you're in danger of things going off the rails and having to put up with fan infighting. The worst outcome is already eliminated so I'm not as worried.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

5HOG5

Yeah its very normal! It makes me more nervous worrying about the refs giving a screw job on the hogs then how the hogs perform in this game.I sure hope Marc Curles isnt in this game tonight! But i have confidence the hogs will win the game anyway possible! :razorback:

k.c.hawg

Some people have a fear of flying and pound the booze before a flight. A little bit of alcohol for my anxiety on game days.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Pigsknuckles

Yeah, sounds like withdrawal to me too.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Dropkick

These games don't actually make me as nervous as the ones we are "supposed to win".

LZH

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on September 24, 2016, 01:25:21 pm
Yeah, sounds like withdrawal to me too.

Noooo.....not with the Triple V cocktail. We're good.

zane

Quote from: The Chief on September 24, 2016, 11:56:54 am

Says the guy that flies helicopters.....

In combat....
RIP LSUfan

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: zane on September 24, 2016, 01:50:45 pm

Says the guy that flies helicopters.....

In combat....

I used to be in an airborne infantry unit jumping out of airplanes, too.  I'm calmer in a firefight than I am during a Hog game. It doesn't make sense to me, but it happens.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Steef

Not really.

I just enjoy the stuff we do right and lament the stuff we do wrong...and try to be entertained by college football.

If it's not fun, at some point ya gotta ask yourself, "Why am I watching?"

zane

Quote from: The Chief on September 24, 2016, 02:01:51 pm
I used to be in an airborne infantry unit jumping out of airplanes, too.  I'm calmer in a firefight than I am during a Hog game. It doesn't make sense to me, but it happens.

Just watch the game with an (unloaded) M4 in your lap
RIP LSUfan

Hawgar The Horrible

Calm as can be because I'm worn out. Started dethatching the front lawn at daylight and just finished.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

TexArkHogFan

What me worry?   What worries me is the game is "SUPPOSED" to be on TV at 8.  Well, our luck the Auburn-LSU goes into four overtimes and the game will switch over to ESPN News which my cable doesn't carry.  So, I've spent all morning trying to have a back up plan ready to put in action.  Watch ESPN is available but I need my Cable One Account No. to log in which I don't have and the office is closed until Monday. Is there any other stations available for live streaming?  Otherwise, I can always listen to the radio until the game comes on ESPN.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

1highhog

Dang man, this morning?  I've been feeling anxious as soon as the game ended at the end of the scrimmage we had against Texas St.

Albert Einswine

I used to get the butterflies before Razorback games and during. I have a little pre-beat condition (premature ventricular contractions) that disrupts my heart rhythm, but other than making me feel weird and uneasy the cardiologist said it's not a big deal and I'm healthy, but it used to really freak me out during tense game moments and especially overtime games.

After a particularly painful episode in my personal life 7 years ago that I had to work through over a roughly 18 month period I no longer get over excited about football games. I thoroughly enjoy them win or lose (greatly prefer win, haha) but my perspective is completely changed and I enjoy them even more now that I'm more serene and not feeling like I'm gonna blow a valve.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

TriHog

Dude as long as we win

longpig

I'm nervous about sobering up enough to remember the finish, no chance I'll remember the start. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

Ex-Trumpet

Gonna have to replace carpet in the living room because of worn foot prints in front of the tv...was thinking of going hardwood, but I'm now thinking I may go with a nice ozark stone.  That shouldn't wear quite so bad!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Rzback

Had my yearly EKG and Doc said I was good for another season. I want so badly to go into the Bama game undefeated with a chance to be 6-0. Ones like today and TCU really make me nervous. It's like I hold my breath the whole game. Losing to the cupcakes ruins my season. It all goes back to when I first started following the Hogs in the early to mid 60's and them generally winning the cupcakes and it coming down to our TX game. 1969 was a REAL let-down. I'm 65 now and hoping for an undefeated season with a SEC and National Championship one time before I kick the bucket.
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

Danimal

I didn't sleep worth a flip last night, and I was dead tired -- WOO PIG!!