Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Referee Assignments

Started by lahawg1, September 23, 2016, 07:14:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lahawg1

Does anyone have a link to find out who the zebras will be? I can't find anything on this.

AugustaHog

Anyone but Curles.  He tried to shaft us vs. a non conf team.  Geez did he forget where his checks come from?

GoHogs1091

I figure it will be one of the following Referee's Crew.

Matt Austin Crew
Ken Williamson Crew
Matt Loeffler Crew

If I remember correctly, the Hubert Owens Crew did our game with A&M last season, so his Crew probably won't work the game 2 years in-a-row.

goodguytex

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 23, 2016, 08:59:21 pm
I figure it will be one of the following Referee's Crew.

Matt Austin Crew
Ken Williamson Crew
Matt Loeffler Crew

If I remember correctly, the Hubert Owens Crew did our game with A&M last season, so his Crew probably won't work the game 2 years in-a-row.
Didn't Owens go to another conference? I thought I saw him refereeing the Toledo/Arkansas State game.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: goodguytex on September 23, 2016, 09:27:07 pm
Didn't Owens go to another conference? I thought I saw him refereeing the Toledo/Arkansas State game.

I saw that too, but he has refereed in the SEC this season.  I don't know why he refereed that ASU/Toledo game.

Owens and his Crew did the Alabama/Ole Miss game last Saturday.

HogMantheIntruder

"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Poppa Tart on September 23, 2016, 10:30:13 pm
Who should we hope for?

I personally would rather have the Williamson Crew before the Austin Crew and the Loeffler Crew.  It just seems like over the last 2-3 seasons Williamson and his Crew do a better job than Austin and his Crew.

Loeffler and his Crew can be sub-par at times.  With that said though, anything is better than Marc Curles and his Crew.

Sivad

Airforcehawg

kodiakisland

I'm just hoping they don't allow too much holding.  Just finished watching A&M/Auburn 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1o2VQ3pVL4  and A&M's left tackle plays like he is in love.  They were allowing him to bearhug and throw people to the ground.  It's funny that Sumlin's been complaining about other offenses holding when his left tackle gets away with so much on almost every play.  Hopefully karma will bite him in the ass.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

GoHogs1091

The Ken Williamson Crew worked the Ole Miss/Georgia game, and the Matt Loeffler Crew worked the Tennessee/Florida game.  The Lee Hedrick Crew worked the Alabama/Kent State game.  The Hubert Owens Crew is working the Auburn/LSU game.  Therefore, I presume our Crew tonight will be one of the following.

Matt Austin Crew
David Smith Crew
James Carter Crew

Carter is a new Referee in the SEC.  According to the following, Carter replaced Tom Ritter, and Carter has been a Referee in the SWAC and a line judge in the SEC.

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/longtime-sec-referee-retiring-from-role

Since our game tonight is a game between 2 ranked teams, it could be around a 75% chance that it will be the Matt Austin Crew. 

hogginbama

Doesn't matter what crew is working. They always find a way to screw us.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.