Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CWS stuff

Started by Mr.Swine89, June 17, 2017, 07:57:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

3 run yick makes it 4-0 Florida.

Hogs49ers

It still blows my mind that we beat this Florida team 16-0 and just hit the crap out of Singer and then every other pitcher they pitched...It was just like a dream state...
SCREW Vandy!

ucahogfan

I guess I don't understand the love affair for Brenden McKay when it comes to being a hitter. I think I saw he hit .293 with 3 HRs in ACC play this year and is struggling against NCAA pitching as well.  His ACC production is essentially what Carson Shaddy did to SEC pitching this year average and slugging wise.  That doesn't exactly spell big time success against upper level pitching.

thebignasty

Quote from: ucahogfan on June 20, 2017, 08:17:40 pm
I guess I don't understand the love affair for Brenden McKay when it comes to being a hitter. I think I saw he hit .293 with 3 HRs in ACC play this year and is struggling against NCAA pitching as well.  His ACC production is essentially what Carson Shaddy did to SEC pitching this year average and slugging wise.  That doesn't exactly spell big time success against upper level pitching.

Think you've mixed up stats.  He's hitting 340/459/677 with 17 homers and more walks than ks. Pretty salty.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?P=brendan-mckay

dotnet

Those stats are only in games he started on the mound I think.

bulldog04

I think he is pumped up because he is a two play player. His pitching nor his hitting is superb IMO but I'm no scout

hoglady

Louisville missed there chance to tighten up this game.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ucahogfan

Quote from: thebignasty on June 20, 2017, 08:24:08 pm
Think you've mixed up stats.  He's hitting 340/459/677 with 17 homers and more walks than ks. Pretty salty.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?P=brendan-mckay
Pulling the information directly from the Louisville athletics website for conference statistics.  He went 29-99 with 8 2Bs, 3 HRs, and 12 RBIs.  He did draw 24 walks so teams didn't give him a lot to hit, but I still expect better from a top 5 pick in conference play.  He tore it up against weak non-con competition including a 4 HR game against Eastern Kentucky during midweek.  If Spanberger put up McKay numbers in the non-con, you are talking about guy with 30 HRs and like 90 RBIs.

ucahogfan

Quote from: bulldog04 on June 20, 2017, 08:29:53 pm
I think he is pumped up because he is a two play player. His pitching nor his hitting is superb IMO but I'm no scout
He does lead the country in Ks and throws 94 as a LHP with a good curve. Of course, we have two freshmen which throw 94 with a good curve.  Struggled down the stretch as his velocity dropped, but still is a solid pitcher.

thebignasty

Quote from: ucahogfan on June 20, 2017, 08:34:10 pm
Pulling the information directly from the Louisville athletics website for conference statistics.  He went 29-99 with 8 2Bs, 3 HRs, and 12 RBIs.  He did draw 24 walks so teams didn't give him a lot to hit, but I still expect better from a top 5 pick in conference play.  He tore it up against weak non-con competition including a 4 HR game against Eastern Kentucky during midweek.  If Spanberger put up McKay numbers in the non-con, you are talking about guy with 30 HRs and like 90 RBIs.

I missed the in conference play part.  That's my bad.

ucahogfan

Kevin O'Sullivan is a fantastic coach, but why keep Maldonado in the game when he can't throw the ball?

thebignasty

Quote from: ucahogfan on June 20, 2017, 08:41:58 pm
Kevin O'Sullivan is a fantastic coach, but why keep Maldonado in the game when he can't throw the ball?

It's baffling.   If I saw college ball as a step on my way to pro ball it would make me a little uneasy.

Youngsta71701

Am I the only one that's hating the fact that Florida is still in it after we blasted them in the SEC tournament? :puke:
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on June 21, 2017, 07:56:43 am
Am I the only one that's hating the fact that Florida is still in it after we blasted them in the SEC tournament? :puke:
Nope, I don't want Florida or LSU either one to win
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

BigSexyHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on June 21, 2017, 07:56:43 am

It's amazing they are still playing. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

bighog2255

Quote from: BigSexyHog on June 21, 2017, 09:30:25 am
It's amazing they are still playing.

Why? Because of one meaningless SEC tournament game they didn't care to win? They were a top 10 team all year long. Shouldn't be a surprise that they are still in it

HogFansReunited

LSU up 5-0 on Florida St in the 2nd.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

5-1 going to the 3rd.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

Mr.Swine89

FSU is just not very good. They and A&M just didn't stand a chance this year.

HogFansReunited

Still 5-1 into the top of the 6th

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Mr.Swine89 on June 21, 2017, 07:36:35 pm
FSU is just not very good. They and A&M just didn't stand a chance this year.

They had an opportunity to put up a few runs last inning but couldn't get it done.

Member #3568

Mr.Swine89

Little Kramer looks just like his momma

HogFansReunited

5-2 going to the bottom of the 8th. Let's go FSU.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Mr.Swine89 on June 21, 2017, 08:09:13 pm
Little Kramer looks just like his momma

I can't decide who is uglier, Kramer or that Noah kid that played basketball for Florida several years ago.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

5-2 going to the 9th.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

Robertson should have been out at home but the throw was high. Now 6-2

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

7-2 LSU up going to the bottom of the 9th.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

7-4, now with no outs.  Now those two runs LSU got in the top half of the inning are huge.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

I dont see any way LSU can beat Oregon St. twice.

Member #3568

SPAL

Quote from: HogFansReunited on June 21, 2017, 08:45:26 pm
I can't decide who is uglier, Kramer or that Noah kid that played basketball for Florida several years ago.

Easy....it's Kim mulkey.

HogFansReunited

Called strike 3 to end the game... looked way outside to me

Member #3568

thebignasty

Hess looks like the guy who doesn't wet the sponge in the green mile.

Hogs49ers

I absolutely hate LSU, but I just thoroughly enjoyed watching Heiss close out those last 3 outs - his stuff is electric and I see him pitching in the majors for a long time...
SCREW Vandy!

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 21, 2017, 09:27:45 pm
I absolutely hate LSU, but I just thoroughly enjoyed watching Heiss close out those last 3 outs - his stuff is electric and I see him pitching in the majors for a long time...

I will give him credit, his stuff is damn good. That last pitch was outside though and I hate seeing a game end like that.

Member #3568

SPAL

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 21, 2017, 09:27:45 pm

Intensity.....dude has it.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: HogFansReunited on June 21, 2017, 09:30:13 pm
I will give him credit, his stuff is damn good. That last pitch was outside though and I hate seeing a game end like that.

I agree with that, but man it is so awesome to watch a legit closer do his thing and completely shut down all hope from the opposing team!

I think I am going to become the "nwahogfan1" of EI and start 20 threads about how bad we need get ourselfs a legit 6'6" athletic closer who will get down and dirty and shut down the other team at the end of games, like he constantly states that we need a big, bad ole 240 lb 6'8" athletic big man that will bang down low over in jump ball haha.
SCREW Vandy!

HogsonHicks

Kramer looks like a 16-year old bleach blonde trailer park reject chick circa 1984.

SPAL

Listening to Eduardo Perez recount stories from his dad playing against some of the greats like Bob Gibson....love it.

SPAL

3 close plays have gone against Louisville and I think all 3 were incorrect

thebignasty

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 22, 2017, 09:56:02 pm
3 close plays have gone against Louisville and I think all 3 were incorrect

It's been brutal. 

SPAL

3-0 count with the bases loaded and you hack at it and dribble it out to the pitcher. Unreal.

thebignasty

Can't believe TCU bailed them out like that.

SPAL

hoglady

Going in really felt Louisville would win that game.
Was pulling for them.
Good game, though.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Razorback7281

Mark Winters is a name Louisville baseball will hate now.  Now if they get him again next year in a Super Regional and he hoses them again he will be on the Costello level.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

TebowHater

Quote from: Razorback7281 on June 23, 2017, 11:40:14 am
Mark Winters is a name Louisville baseball will hate now.  Now if they get him again next year in a Super Regional and he hoses them again he will be on the Costello level.

1 of 4 questionable calls, most at 2B for those who didn't see. All went against UL. Our good friend Jeff Head was at home.

https://twitter.com/BarstoolCards/status/878083956100530176

Ejecting someone so fast in a game of this magnitude looks like that idiot SEC umpire (who was fired from MLB) that ejected DVH without warning earlier in the year

https://twitter.com/SEisbergWCIV/status/878087891552960512

Razorback7281

Quote from: TebowHater on June 23, 2017, 12:44:05 pm
1 of 4 questionable calls, most at 2B for those who didn't see. All went against UL. Our good friend Jeff Head was at home.

https://twitter.com/BarstoolCards/status/878083956100530176

Ejecting someone so fast in a game of this magnitude looks like that idiot SEC umpire (who was fired from MLB) that ejected DVH without warning earlier in the year

https://twitter.com/SEisbergWCIV/status/878087891552960512
Winters was the Ump at 2b that had a terrible night.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

Hogs49ers

Who is as excited as me to start watching some great baseball early on a Friday afternoon??!?
SCREW Vandy!

Hogs49ers

Madrigal just gave the ole bat flip after Lange walked him...He also gave Lange the stare down haha not really sure what he was thinking there...

Also, do y'all ever see such a good hitter kick his leg up that much before every hit?  It just looks like it would be hard to time that everytime and adds an extra unneeded variable into your swing? Thoughts from hitters or someone that used the leg kick?
SCREW Vandy!

Hogs49ers

June 23, 2017, 03:21:42 pm #99 Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 03:39:28 pm by Hogs49ers
Wow LSU is so freaking lucky!  Oregon State would have at least 2 more runs right now and be up 3-2 had the umps reviewed the play and the double that was called foul, but the replay clearly showed that it hit the yellow line on the wall...

However, you have to blame the Oregon State coaching staff, mainly the 3rd base coach for not asking for the review...Still extremely lucky for LSU!

Pat Casey just admitted that he made a huge mistake by not asking for the review during his interview, he completely took all ownership of mistake.
SCREW Vandy!