Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All NCAAT scores

Started by lakecityhog, June 01, 2017, 08:33:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WhenPigsFly

BigSexyHog

Congrats to TCU.   Wish we would have had a crack at them.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

BigSexyHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 10, 2017, 11:27:50 pm
LSU takes game 1

4-3

Hate the way LSU finds ways to get lucky

BigSexyHog

FSU is putting an epic beat down on Sam Houston

hamsam

Quote from: Hawgphish on June 10, 2017, 10:12:52 pm
SEC whole different world.

Not to argue but SEC WEST (minus Alabubba) is whole different world...
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

SPAL

As good as the games were yesterday, they've been bad today.

Hawgphish

Quote from: hamsam on June 11, 2017, 08:36:36 pm
Not to argue but SEC WEST (minus Alabubba) is whole different world...
i agree.

Hogs49ers

Can someone explain to me why they have the balk rule?  Why can't pitchers just do whatever they want with fakes to pick guys off?  At least that way there would be no discrepancy on what is a balk or not a balk...And if all pitchers can do whatever, then there would be no edge.  Or would there be between lefties and righties?  Yah, there would be less stolen bases, but would that really be such a terrible thing?  Just kinda thinking out loud, as I am sure there is a good reason, but I just can't figure it out.
SCREW Vandy!

Kevin

Missouri state had the World Series last weekend
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

JHGiunta

Meanwhile at the Baton Rouge Super Regional.....

JHGiunta

Mississippi State coach can take the blame for that fiasco. Sticking with the freshman when he walked a guy, plunked a guy, and then walked a guy while nearly taking his face off. Then he gives up the two run single. Don't understand leaving him in there.......

LSU FAN in ARK

Quote from: JHGiunta on June 11, 2017, 10:48:44 pm
Meanwhile at the Baton Rouge Super Regional.....

Meanwhile at Baum Stadium

micali

Glad TCU won. Wish the LSU corn dogs would have went down.

SPAL

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 11, 2017, 09:23:11 pm
Can someone explain to me why they have the balk rule?  Why can't pitchers just do whatever they want with fakes to pick guys off?  At least that way there would be no discrepancy on what is a balk or not a balk...And if all pitchers can do whatever, then there would be no edge.  Or would there be between lefties and righties?  Yah, there would be less stolen bases, but would that really be such a terrible thing?  Just kinda thinking out loud, as I am sure there is a good reason, but I just can't figure it out.

There would be zero stolen bases. You couldn't get a lead. You might as well be playing little league rules.

dotnet

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 11, 2017, 09:23:11 pm
At least that way there would be no discrepancy on what is a balk or not a balk...

if that is the main benefit, then you might as well have every pitch called a strike.  That way there is no discrepancy on what is a ball or not a ball. 

While you can argue the balk rule can be hard to understand at first, it does appear to be called some what consistently - which is more than you can say about balls and strikes

woodrow hog call

Quote from: dotnet on June 12, 2017, 12:18:59 pm
if that is the main benefit, then you might as well have every pitch called a strike.  That way there is no discrepancy on what is a ball or not a ball. 

While you can argue the balk rule can be hard to understand at first, it does appear to be called some what consistently - which is more than you can say about balls and strikes

Agree 100%, when you are just watching games for the game itself with no interest in who wins, and you still get aggravated about the strike zone you know it's a problem. It was kind of funny on one of the games over the weekend they were bragging about Scott Cline's strike zone being so consistent all game long, then 2 innings later they were wondering where that pitch missed, for several at bats.

I am ready for technology to take over balls and strikes, I really am, make a K-zone type of laser system that can be adapted to each batter's height and make it 3 or 4 dimensional so it knows what height the ball crossed the plate. Take the human element out of that part of the game and give the pitcher credit for every strike he throws. One missed call can change the entire game, several missed calls can absolutely ruin a game.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Just my 2 cents:

FL baseball...

No fan support.  Schwarz crushes the tying home run in the 8th and people just sat there and calmly golf clapped.  10 overall CWS appearances, 8 of them in the last 12 seasons!!!

WHERE ARE THE FANS!?!?  I know today is a continuation of yesterday's game because of weather, but after what us fans went through at Baum, there is no excuse to not show up!

FL hosts a regional and a super (as of lately) every season.  2,000 of the 6,000 capacity show up if it's convenient for them.

Best example of a football school gaining baseball success just because of their location and the talent pool.

As a Hog fan, it's frustrating to see a school have so much success in a sport that for them is an afterthought.  FL baseball is just there to kill time between spring football and the first game at the Swamp.

Screw FL baseball and their 2,000 fans.

PorkRyan

Quote from: gguillo on June 12, 2017, 02:13:01 pm

That Wake Forest hitter that just put one over the scoreboard shares your opinion. 

hoglady

Just my 2 cents:

FL baseball...

No fan support.  Schwarz crushes the tying home run in the 8th and people just sat there and calmly golf clapped.  10 overall CWS appearances, 8 of them in the last 12 seasons!!!

WHERE ARE THE FANS!?!?  I know today is a continuation of yesterday's game because of weather, but after what us fans went through at Baum, there is no excuse to not show up!

FL hosts a regional and a super (as of lately) every season.  2,000 of the 6,000 capacity show up if it's convenient for them.

Best example of a football school gaining baseball success just because of their location and the talent pool.

As a Hog fan, it's frustrating to see a school have so much success in a sport that for them is an afterthought.  FL baseball is just there to kill time between spring football and the first game at the Swamp.

Florida doesn't have that great of support for football, either.
They show up at the home games - if Florida is winning.
Remember they couldn't even sell their allotment to the Sugar Bowl a few years back.
That was embarrassing.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Glad to see Wake just hit that walk off homer - they deserve to carry this to 3 games.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: woodrow hog call on June 12, 2017, 01:27:33 pm

Agree 100%, when you are just watching games for the game itself with no interest in who wins, and you still get aggravated about the strike zone you know it's a problem. It was kind of funny on one of the games over the weekend they were bragging about Scott Cline's strike zone being so consistent all game long, then 2 innings later they were wondering where that pitch missed, for several at bats.

I am ready for technology to take over balls and strikes, I really am, make a K-zone type of laser system that can be adapted to each batter's height and make it 3 or 4 dimensional so it knows what height the ball crossed the plate. Take the human element out of that part of the game and give the pitcher credit for every strike he throws. One missed call can change the entire game, several missed calls can absolutely ruin a game.

+100

Perry Costello being behind the plate for that Wake Florida game just made me mad all over again. It also irritates me that espn seems to be complicit in the incompetence of the NCAA officials in all sports. I rarely if ever hear their commentators call out umps for their incompetence.

jbell96

Just my 2 cents:

FL baseball...

Which is the exact reason why I won't be surprised when O'Sullivan leaves and goes somewhere that will give him what he wants. They have minimal fan support, horrible facilities, and the school doesn't put much money in to the program. Which is baffling when you consider how elite the program has been during his tenure.

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: jbell96 on June 12, 2017, 02:46:31 pm
Which is the exact reason why I won't be surprised when O'Sullivan leaves and goes somewhere that will give him what he wants. They have minimal fan support, horrible facilities, and the school doesn't put much money in to the program. Which is baffling when you consider how elite the program has been during his tenure.

I thought at first it may have been because the suspension from yesterday's game would mean most in attendance wouldn't be able to return today in the middle of the afternoon, but then I realized we're talking about Florida, and their fans may be more fair weather than Miami.  Dick Howser in Tallahassee wasn't packed out last night, but then again most fans had been waiting around for 10-12 hours wondering if the game would ever start.  The difference being the remaining crowd was still very much into the game, and the Animals were out in full force.

Also, word is that Tanner at USC-e is going to pull out all the stops to get O'Sullivan.   

And while somewhat on the subject - I really, really like Sam Houston's head coach.  That guy is the epitome of class.  I hated that UCA lost to them in the Southland championship game, but if we're gonna lose to anyone, he's one that I don't have a problem with.  Just seems like a great dude and you can tell his players love playing for him.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Quote from: PorkRyan on June 12, 2017, 02:16:59 pm
That Wake Forest hitter that just put one over the scoreboard shares your opinion. 

Good for Wake Forest!  I hope they take FL down!

Pig Papi

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 12, 2017, 02:36:06 pm
+100

Perry Costello being behind the plate for that Wake Florida game just made me mad all over again. It also irritates me that espn seems to be complicit in the incompetence of the NCAA officials in all sports. I rarely if ever hear their commentators call out umps for their incompetence.

Perry Costello getting to umpire any game of importance shows that the NCAA is still a GOB network.  I don't know how they (or whoever chooses umpires) justifies continually rolling him out there.

jbell96

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on June 12, 2017, 03:15:30 pm
Also, word is that Tanner at USC-e is going to pull out all the stops to get O'Sullivan.   

I've been hearing that too. At SC-E, he would have the facilities, fan support, and most importantly backing from the AD, which is something he never had at Florida. UF almost lost him last year to Texas IIRC.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: hoglady on June 12, 2017, 02:23:44 pm
Florida doesn't have that great of support for football, either.
They show up at the home games - if Florida is winning.
Remember they couldn't even sell their allotment to the Sugar Bowl a few years back.
That was embarrassing.
I remember being at the SECCG, also known as the Reggie Fish drop game, and they outnumbered us 80% to 20%
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

SPAL

Quote from: TNhawgfan on June 12, 2017, 05:17:08 pm
I remember being at the SECCG, also known as the Reggie Fish drop game, and they outnumbered us 80% to 20%

I was there. You're spot on.

dotnet

Quote from: jbell96 on June 12, 2017, 02:46:31 pm

He could have had the texas job if he wanted it. 

I would not want to play USCe if he took that job. 

hoglady

There have just been some horrendous calls in this Wake Forest / Florida game - this crew should be banned from ever doing post season games again.

Earlier they could't tell when a Wake Forest player catches a ball in the outfield and now they can't tell when a Wake Forest player is safe at first. It's really pitiful.

jbell96

Quote from: dotnet on June 12, 2017, 06:01:37 pm
He could have had the texas job if he wanted it. 

I would not want to play USCe if he took that job. 

Me either, they're good enough without someone like him, scared to think what he could do there.