Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Clint Alan

Quote from: bsking on June 05, 2009, 02:42:13 pm
and im guessing it wouldnt be televised.

Probably not if it has to be finished tonight
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

Hawgin84

Quote from: 010HogFan on June 05, 2009, 02:39:53 pm
True. maybe it will throw off their current rally like it threw ours off.

No kidding. It did that. Arkansas was on the verge of knocking their starter out of the game.

J. Green

well I get off at 5 .... I could be watching the rest of the game with a kobeer  8)

bsking

If the game is postponed until tonight would you guys figure to see Mike Bolsinger try to bring us home?

ENHOG

\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

Clint Alan

*GAME ALERT*

LIGHTINING IS IN THE AREA, WITHIN 6 MILE RADIUS

3:30 CHUCK SAYS THEY WILL COME BACK ON THE AIR

IF HEAVY RAIN FALLS AGAIN, THEY WILL TRY TO FINISH TONIGHT
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

BroyledNutts

I just don't want them to get comfortable enough at the plate to start making really good contact...Keukel's doing a reasonable job, but he's leaving an awful lot of pitches up...If he'd tighten up just a little, I wouldn't wish for any more rain delays...

jst01

Quote from: ENHOG on June 05, 2009, 02:44:25 pm
What inning is considered a complete game????

they have to finish this entire game. cant just play 5 innings.

J. Green

Quote from: rubmyHOG on June 05, 2009, 02:43:03 pm
Probably not if it has to be finished tonight
they could move it to espn classic or something...

Clint Alan

Quote from: J. Green on June 05, 2009, 02:45:04 pm
they could move it to espn classic or something...

You wont see it on ESPN, lighting isnt sufficient enough at FSUs ballpark

Veritas Arkansas

No, seeding IS determinative if the higher seed makes a qualifying bid.

We hosted ad a 2 because we outbid another 2 seed for the opportunity.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: J. Green on June 05, 2009, 02:43:29 pm
well I get off at 5 .... I could be watching the rest of the game with a kobeer  8)

Amen

jst01

this game wont be finished today. That storm system isn't moving away, its just spinning right over the FL panhandle. See you guys tomorrow.

mj4president

Quote from: bsking on June 05, 2009, 02:42:13 pm
and im guessing it wouldnt be televised.

It better be in the areas of Arkansas and Tally. You want some pissed off people calling into ESPN then don't show the game. But man just thinking today could have had 12,000 watching it the beautiful sunshine.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Quote from: mj4president on June 05, 2009, 02:47:57 pm
It better be in the areas of Arkansas and Tally. You want some pissed off people calling into ESPN then don't show the game. But man just thinking today could have had 12,000 watching it the beautiful sunshine.

amen mj.

Hawgin84

Quote from: mj4president on June 05, 2009, 02:47:57 pm

Sucks don't it. I would have been there.

jst01

bsking

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on June 05, 2009, 02:46:33 pm

Think what you want but Arkansas had a very good shot at hosting this Super regional.  The ability to play games at the site HAS to be looked at.  If a hurricane were to be making landfall in the region during these days would it still be there?

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: Hawg2011 on June 05, 2009, 02:51:12 pm
Yep. However, you can't say the NCAA didn't do what was best in the interest of the tournament.

That said, THEY SHOULDA BROUGHT THE HOGS HOME!

Whew.

I would think actually getting to play baseball would be in the best interest of the tournament!   ;D
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Teebow62

That's like saying we should have been in the SEC Championship Game because we like the Hogs more than we like Bama or Florida. We didn't do enough to host a Super Regional. Bottom line. We need to deal with it and move on, as in win at FSU and move on to the CWS.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: Teebow62 on June 05, 2009, 02:56:02 pm
That's like saying we should have been in the SEC Championship Game because we like the Hogs more than we like Bama or Florida. We didn't do enough to host a Super Regional. Bottom line. We need to deal with it and move on, as in win at FSU and move on to the CWS.

If you're actually a Hog fan, you need a new name.  How bout Mallett62?
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

chiefsfan

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on June 05, 2009, 02:46:33 pm

No....youve got this backwards

We hosted as a 2 a few years ago because OSU did not have enough hotel rooms available due to a convention in town.  the NCAA gave Arkansas the regional because of that

Only one other time in NCAA history has a lower seeded hosted a higher seed, and in that case 3 (Oregon State) hosted 2 (Michigan) because Michigan's ballpark was unavailable that weekend
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

razobak

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 05, 2009, 02:59:04 pm

We hosted as a 2 a few years ago because OSU did not have enough hotel rooms available due to a convention in town.  the NCAA gave Arkansas the regional because of that

Only one other time in NCAA history has a lower seeded hosted a higher seed, and in that case 3 (Oregon State) hosted 2 (Michigan) because Michigan's ballpark was unavailable that weekend

Well FSU's park seems pretty unavailable right now.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

jst01

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 05, 2009, 02:59:04 pm

exactly. 2 very good reasons to move the games to another park.

another good reason would be: "the NCAA has determined that because of a slow moving storm system that will bring days of storms and lightning to the area, the Super Regional site has been changed to be sure that all games are played WITHOUT excess delays and stoppage of play".

TNhawgfan

They just said on ESPN if the game resumes it will be on ESPN-U. Great, I don't get that channel
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Veritas Arkansas

I don't trust tomorrow's forecast.  Why would I trust next weeks?

And the weather isn't looked at, and nor should it be. 

If no nat seed in sr, then higher of the two seeds should get first right of refusal to host.

It's not a hard concept.

mj4president

Quote from: TNhawgfan on June 05, 2009, 03:04:24 pm
They just said on ESPN if the game resumes it will be on ESPN-U. Great, I don't get that channel

THAT BLOWS. I don't either.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

depending on your provider, usually you can call them up and have it activated instantly

Hogbody

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: jst01 on June 05, 2009, 03:02:04 pm
exactly. 2 very good reasons to move the games to another park.

another good reason would be: "the NCAA has determined that because of a slow moving storm system that will bring days of storms and lightning to the area, the Super Regional site has been changed to be sure that all games are played WITHOUT excess delays and stoppage of play".

It's not the NCAA's responsibility to be weathermen.

Trust me Razorback fans, the FSU fans are just as frustrated as you all are.

Hawgin84

Me either.

jst01

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on June 05, 2009, 03:05:09 pm

ask anyone that lives in that part of Florida about rain/storms in the summer. It does it every day. You dont need forecasts, its a given that it will happen 90% of the time.

UAalumUALRlaw

Quote from: Teebow62 on June 05, 2009, 02:56:02 pm

Well said.

Wild Bill Hog

HogFan1994

Any word on when we will start back up guys?

razorbackfan86

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on June 05, 2009, 03:05:34 pm
depending on your provider, usually you can call them up and have it activated instantly

How about.... Directv?

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on June 05, 2009, 03:08:40 pm
How about.... Directv?

not sure.  I have mediacom (part of comcast i think)

Last Fall when I suddenly realized the Kentucky game wasn't on espn360, i just called them up and got a sports channel package for an additional $4 a month.

Hollywood_HOGan45

wow when is this game ever gonna come back on?

Hog Milanese

Their stadium is crappy, anyway. They should pray for a hurricane, get a new ballpark that holds more than 50 people.

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: Hog Milanese on June 05, 2009, 03:10:39 pm
Their stadium is crappy, anyway. They should pray for a hurricane, get a new ballpark that holds more than 50 people.

I guess 99% of all college stadiums are even crappier then, right?

Hawgin84

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on June 05, 2009, 03:05:09 pm

And the weather isn't looked at, and nor should it be. 

If no nat seed in sr, then higher of the two seeds should get first right of refusal to host.

It's not a hard concept.

Since weather is a factor this time of year, every year in Florida, it probably should be looked at. Maybe that's why our country is in such deep doo doo today because the ones running our companies and our country do not take all factors into consideration. It really isn't a hard concept.

MNHogFan

Just got online, what was the score when the game was delayed?

razobak

June 05, 2009, 03:14:07 pm #3193 Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 03:15:44 pm by razobak
Quote from: MNHogFan on June 05, 2009, 03:12:53 pm
Just got online, what was the score when the game was delayed?
2-1 Hogs, bottom 5, 2 on no out for FSWho.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: Hog Milanese on June 05, 2009, 03:10:39 pm

Their stadium may not be as nice as Baum, but it is still pretty nice.  Far from crappy.

That being said, I think we would have had a MUCH bigger crowd regardless of weather.

Clint Alan

Guys, Ill try to be back before the game starts back up. I have to run and pick some flyers up from our printing place, then I have to pick my wife up something to eat from Flying Burrito.

Ill be back as soon as I can to finish up PBP. I hope this doesnt jinx my run of undefeatedness.

rub

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: Hawgin84 on June 05, 2009, 03:12:43 pm

Since weather is a factor this time of year, every year in Florida, it probably should be looked at. Maybe that's why our country is in such deep doo doo today because the ones running our companies and our country do not take all factors into consideration. It really isn't a hard concept.

Veritas Arkansas

So no team in florida should ever be allowed to host a super regional?

That sounds fair.

yraciv

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on June 05, 2009, 03:08:22 pm
LOL.

"You just what?"

"espnu"

You haven't been around long enough.  Go over to jump ball and entertain yourself with I just steven hill.  It's an overplayed joke that has it's own thread, and won't seem to die, although it was pretty funny for the first month.

Clint Alan

And for those trying to find ESPNU.

I was able to watch ESPNU last weekend on [CENSORED].com

Dunno it will be on there, but check there before having a meltdown on here.