Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dear Packer fans.

Started by Big Papa Satan, September 14, 2005, 05:35:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Papa Satan

Three points to Freaking Detroit?

Overrated Farve can't get it done anymore, and the defense is pitiful.

Looks like 3-13 for you guys, if there's actually three teams in the NFL that are worse than Green Bay.  It's debatable.

HA ha!

RebelliousHog

September 14, 2005, 08:08:02 pm #1 Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 09:48:02 am by maintube
I've said all along that this could be a rough year for my Packers. They have a hard time keeping good players in GB. They lost what 2-3 starting linemen? This effects Favre's protection AND Green's running. The D just sucks. I knew when "Batman" (very funny) was drafted first that they were in trouble.
I'll keep rooting for them and against the cowgirls.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: maintube on September 14, 2005, 08:08:02 pmI'll keep rooting for them and against the cowgirls.

You may not want to watch any NFL games this year, then.

RebelliousHog

You could be right. I'll watch the Jags when I can.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

mikeb

Quote from: maintube on September 15, 2005, 09:46:37 am
You could be right. I'll watch the Jags when I can.
I'm not here for a slam session but I wonder how Brett feels after calling out Walker over holding out for more money.............Out for the season and out of luck............you think Brett will give him the lousy 10 mill he was after?

Ben Steiger

Green Bay lost both starting guards, Mike Wahle, and Marco Rivera. Other teams ponied up the green, but Whitticker the rookie from Michigan State looks like a future stud, or solid player.

Walker's injury will hurt. Perhaps Thompson wasn't insane when he drafted Terrence Murphy out of Texas A&M.

Green, however, was running very effectively, but penalties and third down and longs prohibited any more than twelve carries.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Buff

i would still gladly suck brett favre's balls in a heartbeat.............

maybe not, but i still like the packers

mikeb

Quote from: President (almost Dictator) Buffinator Flex on September 16, 2005, 11:39:27 am
i would still gladly suck brett favre's balls in a heartbeat.............
wow that's a true fan.......LOL

maybe not, but i still like the packers

Buff

i still have faith that the offense will turn itself around enough to be competitive the rest of this season - the defense is another story.........they SUCK

mikeb

Quote from: RedRazor on September 23, 2005, 08:02:56 am
Ya know and guy, I guess it blows your freaking brain wall of denial that only three QB's now have reached the 50,000 yard mark....lets see, Dan Marino, John Elway and Brett Favre...wait a minute, that has to be a mistake..where is Roger girl thingy Staubach? Where is Troy Boy? Where is well, did you ever have another QB worth a crap? LMAO

Thats sad is it not? Doesn't it suck to be a Cowgirl?

Favre has one thing those other two dont' have either....The ONLY 3 time NLF MVP..and that was in striaght years..

Choke on it :puke:
Still have more WINS and TITLES then GB oh and nice start this season 0-3 looking great!

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: RedRazor on September 23, 2005, 08:02:56 am
Ya know and guy, I guess it blows your freaking brain wall of denial that only three QB's now have reached the 50,000 yard mark....lets see, Dan Marino, John Elway and Brett Favre...wait a minute, that has to be a mistake..where is Roger girl thingy Staubach? Where is Troy Boy? Where is well, did you ever have another QB worth a crap? LMAO

Thats sad is it not? Doesn't it suck to be a Cowgirl?

Favre has one thing those other two dont' have either....The ONLY 3 time NLF MVP..and that was in striaght years..

Choke on it  :puke:

Which shows that MVP's are given as much, if not more, for hype than for actual merit.

Go back and read the first post in "The myth of Farve" again.  It still shatters the hype regarding the most overrated QB of all time.

Ben Steiger

Overrated?

Bull.

Marino and Elway made the same mistakes, too.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Big Papa Satan

Again, I'll say, go back and read The Myth of Brett Farve.

What is discussed in that article destroys everything said about that overrated chump.

RebelliousHog

September 28, 2005, 09:55:25 pm #13 Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 03:08:17 pm by maintube
QuoteApparently everyone doesn't buy into that load of horseshit.  Good ol' Farve, you can always count on a timely interception, or two, or three, or four, from him.

"But not in Green Bay. Making it worse for Favre is the fact he's no longer in a position to talk about what does or doesn't win games.

Since 1998, Mike Holmgren's last year as Packers head coach, Favre has started seven playoff games and won just two, throwing 16 interceptions (against 11 touchdowns) in the process. In his past two divisional-round playoff contests, Favre gave away a game in St. Louis with six interceptions and handed another to the Eagles with a pick on the first series of overtime. Favre's latest playoff appearance, against the Vikings and their 29th-ranked defense last January in Green Bay, resulted in four interceptions and a 31-17 loss.

It seems the myth of Brett Favre has obscured the reality. Everyone believes he's infallible at Lambeau Field, even though he's actually lost eight games there the past two years. Everyone believes he's unstoppable in cold weather, even though two of his last three playoff exits came at home against dome teams. Everyone is sure that, with 225 consecutive starts, no one is tougher, even though Favre so routinely shies away from contact that he'll unload the ball anywhere, anytime."

Greatest QB in NFL history?  Not even close.

Packer fans, start the bitching

While I have always thought that Favre threw into interceptions ALOT, I also always thought he did so trying to make things happen. He has a tremendous confidence in his arm strength and, yes, it has got him into trouble. I feel that Favre will go down as one of the best QBs in the NFL. The 3 MVPs will assure that. Favre won consistently with a team that has far less money to operate with than Snyder's Redskins or (shudder) Jerry Jones' cowgirls. He's had a working mans line but few all-pros. He's NEVER had a receiver in like Irving, Moss, or T.O. He's always been a leader for the Pack, and leaders lead by example. Playing hurt, avoiding contact so he is available to play, avoiding contact to get the ball downfiled are all traits of a leader. I have tremendous respect for Troy Aikman, but IMO he will never be held with the same amount of respect that Favre will be (rightly or wrongly).

I would also wager that Favre makes the Hall of Fame before any of his contemporaries.