Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When we get a new coach...

Started by darkstar, November 15, 2017, 07:29:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

darkstar

How much do you think they can afford to pay him.   Can we pay what Nick Saban makes?   You have to basically outbid to get a proven product.   I just don't know if we can afford to pay that much.  Which means we will most likely get a up and comer. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Gus is very likely the best "name" coach we could get.  It's an Up and comer after that.  I suppose Gus would command $5 to $6M per. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hawginj

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 15, 2017, 07:33:52 pm
Gus is very likely the best "name" coach we could get.  It's an Up and comer after that.  I suppose Gus would command $5 to $6M per.
what does a name do? Bert is a name how did that go? I hope they hire a coach thats a long term dynamo.

Troll-ingmotor

Quote from: darkstar on November 15, 2017, 07:29:50 pm
How much do you think they can afford to pay him.   Can we pay what Nick Saban makes?   You have to basically outbid to get a proven product.   I just don't know if we can afford to pay that much.  Which means we will most likely get a up and comer.

Well, how much do you donate per year... now subtract that from 8,000,000.

What do you think?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hawginj on November 15, 2017, 07:37:21 pm
what does a name do? Bert is a name how did that go? I hope they hire a coach thats a long term dynamo.

You've posed this question to the wrong poster.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

darkstar

Bobby Petrino should have never been fired.   We would not be here now in this predicament

Hawginj

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 15, 2017, 07:42:19 pm
You've posed this question to the wrong poster.
I was just asking I like to add the quote so everyone can see

Troll-ingmotor

Quote from: darkstar on November 15, 2017, 07:47:37 pm
Bobby Petrino should have never been fired.   We would not be here now in this predicament

Dear lord he is a POS. Scandal after scandal, even at Louisville. Stealing playbooks?

jgphillips3

We'll pay whatever we need to per the appropriate coach.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: darkstar on November 15, 2017, 07:47:37 pm
Interesting... You should really start a new thread for this; I'm not sure it's been discussed.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

HogPharmer

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 15, 2017, 07:54:43 pm
We'll pay whatever we need to per the appropriate coach.

Bingo... $200M upgrade to DWR... Paying a coach $6M a year for results is a small price to pay. $6M a year is a lot easier to pay when you're selling tickets/merch vs $4.8M and having people resell their current tickets for $3 a pop with threats of not renewing ticket purchases next year.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.