Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is the Man we Need

Started by WilsonHog, November 15, 2017, 04:49:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

We need an athletic director who understands what the Razorbacks mean to our State as a whole, from Fayetteville to Marianna, from Piggott to Foreman, and all points in between.

We need an athletic director who understands Arkansas, our culture, and values that we are really three or four States in one.

We need an athletic director who understands and appreciates the history of our program, our traditions and rituals.

We need an athletic director who can walk into Community Grocery in Osceola one afternoon and into a $1,000 a plate dinner in Bentonville that night and make both groups of people feel equally important.

We need an athletic director who understands the critical nature of cultivating relationships with all Razorback fans.

Find that man, and then let's go hire our next football coach.

userpick

Fired me up. I'll take the job.

phadedhawg

texas tush hog

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 15, 2017, 04:49:12 pm
We need an athletic director who understands what the Razorbacks mean to our State as a whole, from Fayetteville to Marianna, from Piggott to Foreman, and all points in between.

We need an athletic director who understands Arkansas, our culture, and values that we are really three or four States in one.

We need an athletic director who understands and appreciates the history of our program, our traditions and rituals.

We need an athletic director who can walk into Community Grocery in Osceola one afternoon and into a $1,000 a plate dinner in Bentonville that night and make both groups of people feel equally important.

We need an athletic director who understands the critical nature of cultivating relationships with all Razorback fans.

Sounds like Dr. Sean Rochelle to me.

jcbville

Tall order. And what if all those traits exist in a woman?

bulldog04

Mike Huckabee?

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

WilsonHog

Quote from: jcbville on November 15, 2017, 04:50:55 pm
Tall order. And what if all those traits exist in a woman?

Fine with me.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

WilsonHog

Gentlemen, let's try to keep this thread somewhere between the ditches, please.

TOM "tbw1"

I am not sure there are many Arkansas fans who would fit that description.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

phadedhawg

Sounds like we are looking for a politician instead of an administrator 

trok24

WilsonHog

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 15, 2017, 04:56:14 pm

In a very real sense, we are.

bulldog04

dfwalumdad

We need an athletic director who can walk into Community Grocery in Osceola one afternoon

hey as long as he's in osceola do you think he could swing up to blytheville and pick up some bbq from kream kastle?

NuttinItUp

Does he/she have to duck hunt?

WilsonHog

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 15, 2017, 04:59:30 pm
hey as long as he's in osceola do you think he could swing up to blytheville and pick up some bbq from kream kastle?

That's some good stuff, brother.

WilsonHog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 15, 2017, 05:01:35 pm

Won't hurt.

The point is this, and it's a key one that too many times is missed: it doesn't matter what field you are in, if you are dealing with people (as an AD is), relationships matter.

ricepig

If they want the big money, they had better learn to at least fake loving to duck hunt.

a0ashle

Why do people think that Arkansas is some super special snowflake that only people from Arkansas can comprehend. Lived and grew up in Arkansas and now live in CO, and I don't see it being all that unique, to be honest.

sickboy

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 15, 2017, 04:56:14 pm

ADs are kind of both.

onebadrubi

Big money in Arkansas duck hunts, wouldn't hurt to be able to shoot and know how to put waders on

TebowHater

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 15, 2017, 04:50:49 pm

Sounds like Dr. Sean Rochelle to me.

He's not a hog. If we are going to hire non-hogs, Derick Gragg is better choice. I would be in favor of hiring a Razorback, though - only people who truly have the passion to get up and compete their butt off everyday to make the program as great as it can be.

DVH's dedication and success are no coincidence. Jeff Long's/CBB's lack there of are also no coincidence. OP is correct, and the only way to get someone who truly understands that is to hire a Razorback.

Cinco de Hogo

Sounds like HDN on a very short lease to me, oh well.

SemperFi

Quote from: trok24 on November 15, 2017, 04:57:43 pm
Quinn Grovey...in a heartbeat

I could so get behind that hire. Dr. Fitz Hill would be another man that would make a fine AD.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

FANONTHEHILL

Scott Varady. From Little Rock, attorney, currently leads the Razorback Foundation.  Arkansas Grad.  Hand on the pulse of boosters and common fans alike. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

elviscat

We need to start with a selection committee: Jerry Jones Chair with Ken Hatfield, Jim Lindsey, Terry Don Phillips, Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer and other great Razorbacks to bring back the hog tradition to the program. I think Terry Don would be a great starting place for AD until we can hire the special person we are looking for.

TebowHater

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 15, 2017, 05:39:28 pm
Scott Varady.

Literally, unequivocally, meets all of the points outlined by OP. From being as big a hog as they come to never finding anyone too small to matter.

RedRock

Tony Robbins

TebowHater

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 15, 2017, 05:39:28 pm
Scott Varady. From Little Rock, attorney, currently leads the Razorback Foundation.  Arkansas Grad.  Hand on the pulse of boosters and common fans alike.

Also an expert on the NCAA/bureaucratic side of the job from his time as General Counsel for the athletics department

Sooie71923

That OP is Rick Schaefer or he listened to the buzz around 4:15 this evening. Exactly what he said. Almost verbatim.

rickm1976

Quote from: SemperFi on November 15, 2017, 05:37:00 pm
I could so get behind that hire. Dr. Fitz Hill would be another man that would make a fine AD.

I'd be happy with either.

247Hog

I'm not in any way saying it needs to be him but doesn't Tommy T. fit that well?
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

rickm1976

Hire Kenny Hatfield as AD, with the stipulation that he immediately go offer Jimmy Johnson whatever amount it took to come coach his alma mater.  They'd make an interesting pair as AD and head coach.  Can you see Kenny, with a knowing wink, telling Jimmy to do "whatever it took" to get some SEC caliber players here?

Boardon Hamsay

Do we care about year over year revenue generation comparables? Do we want more of a "yes man" for the GOBNV2.0?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

tophawg19

one thing , he needs to know the inside workings of Football and at least decent knowledge of Basketball to evaluate the coaches
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: elviscat on November 15, 2017, 05:40:54 pm
We need to start with a selection committee: Jerry Jones Chair with Ken Hatfield, Jim Lindsey, Terry Don Phillips, Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer and other great Razorbacks to bring back the hog tradition to the program. I think Terry Don would be a great starting place for AD until we can hire the special person we are looking for.

Dilly! Dilly! I vote for this one.  This committee could vote on themselves and we would get a Blood Red Razorback.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

vote4dmac

jvanhorn

Quote from: bulldog04 on November 15, 2017, 04:51:17 pm
Mike Huckabee?

LOL, yeah that is what we need.  Another polarizing person.  One who, I believe, got out of Arkansas and moved to Florida as fast as he could.

jvanhorn

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 15, 2017, 05:56:17 pm
Yup

How much experience has Quin had as a athletic director.  You all seem to think that this is just a simple plug and play job.  There is way more to this than just football.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 15, 2017, 06:02:11 pm
How much experience has Quin had as a athletic director.  You all seem to think that this is just a simple plug and play job.  There is way more to this than just football.

Let's not get into pertinent job details here. We "just need" an Arkansas ties guy and he/she can learn the other details after they are here. ;D
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

jvanhorn

but if you want a politician that would probably be acceptable to almost everyone there is Mike Beebe.  Though why he would be stupid enough to want this job is a mystery to me.  But Senator Boren did a hell of a job at OU, so you never know.

jvanhorn

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 15, 2017, 06:04:49 pm
Let’s not get into pertinent job details here. We “just need” an Arkansas ties guy and he/she can learn the other details after they are here. ;D

LOL, isn't that like hiring a high school football coach to be the next Razorback coach and telling he can learn how this all works when he get here.

JaketheSnake

RebHog

WRONG! I don't give a chit if he couldn't point out Arkansas on a map as long as he could come here and win! Cultivate a relationship with fans....really its a simple answer....WIN! I mean hell if BB was winning we wouldn't be saying he looks dumbfounded with those looks on the sidelines we would be saying that's Socrates thinking up his next genius idea!

Elguapo501

Fitz Hill or John McDonald or hootie

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.