Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Never Underestimate the Power of Hogville!

Started by moses_007, November 15, 2017, 03:03:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

We were fed up with Houston Nutt's shenanigans, we screamed for his dismissal, we flew banners over the stadium, we played a huge role in his dismissal.

We realized John Pelphrey was an awful basketball coach, and we did everything in our power to get rid of him.  It worked.

We were totally fed up with Jeff Long and Brett Bielema... 90 percent of Hogvillians wanted them both gone... and Jeff Long was fired today.

I want to thank all Hogvillians who wrote letters or emails to our BOT members prior to their meeting in North Little Rock last week.  I wrote each of them too, calling for both Jeff and Brett's dismissal.  We did our part in getting them both gone.

Bielema will be gone after the Missouri game if there is a clause in his contract that states he can't be fired at mid-season.  However, if the Athletics Department can prove he's been drinking on the job, they could fire him immediately, for cause, and have no buyout to pay him.

Congratulations, Hogville, for doing our part toward a clean sweep of these losers.  Hogville rules!  Hogville is Powerful!  Never forget that.

NuttinItUp

The new AD and head coach should do weekly AMA (ask me anything) sessions here on Hogville to keep the fanbase loyal.

moses_007

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 15, 2017, 03:06:37 pm
The new AD and head coach should do weekly AMA (ask me anything) sessions here on Hogville to keep the fanbase loyal.
Hogville is the dire core fan base, no doubt about it.  We aren't the big money folks, but I dare say we as a group are just as influencial as the rich dudes.

Sooie71923

jkstock04

Quote from: moses_007 on November 15, 2017, 03:09:13 pm
Hogville is the dire core fan base, no doubt about it.  We aren't the big money folks, but I dare say we as a group are just as influencial as the rich dudes.
Not sure if you are trolling or not but I'll assume for a minute you are not. I don't think what is said on the internet in any setting is taken seriously by anybody...especially people making decisions.

However, I would note that the things the "idiots complaining on Hogville and social media" said have come to fruition. Vindication is the correct word for it. Think of the BS we have heard and endured the past few years.

"Most respected AD in the country"..."Bielema is building this thing the right way"..."this is a man I would send my son to play for because he is such a great role model and will teach them right from wrong and a correct path after college"...."jeff long has done wonders for the university with his decision making, we will never be rid of him, only an idiot would think otherwise."

I could go on and on but this crap that has been spewed over the years is just that...crap. In the next month or two when everything is really out on the table there will be ultimate vindication.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hawgmasta

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 15, 2017, 03:06:37 pm

Can you imagine the possibilities?!?

DeltaBoy

This I know they said we could not afford a full page ad in the Paper , We raised the Money and ran the AD
They said we could not do a FLA and fly a banner over the Field.  We raised the money and the Plane flew over with our Banner.
We keep being told emailing , calling and writing letters would do nothing to get rid of Long or Bret yet this morning I woke up to hearing Jeff Long is GONE!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

moses_007

I've seen many posts recently from Hogville members thinking there is nothing we can do, that we'll just have to hope we don't endure another season of Bielema.

Guys, we are one powerful group of Razorback fans.  Ask Lanny.  He will agree.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

moses_007

Quote from: tusked on November 15, 2017, 03:36:11 pm
Im drunk with the power right now.
+1.  This is the best news of the year for all Razorback fans.  Now, let's find an AD that has Razorback blood in him...or her....

moses, I fear you may be a little over the top with this.  I would guess we carry a bit of influence.  You must admit, it didn't really take a smart group of folks to realize that Bret was not a good HC.  Just need to look at the record(s) and nearly every record he set was a bad one.  That showed that Jeff was not attuned to the needs of the team and that he either didn't know what to do or didn't care.

I believe that Jeff getting the AX had more to do with other considerations than hiring and firing football coaches.  Bret fired himself.  Whenever that happens, it will be Bret's fault.  He was given by far the best opportunities to hire good assistants, the highest compensation package of any Hog coach ever, 4+ years to show respectable, He failed.   

_Hamlet_

Quote from: moses_007 on November 15, 2017, 03:09:13 pm

Yeah, thats what Bernie Sanders said too and look where he is.

moses_007

Hogville is definitely the largest voice of Razorback fans online.  What other Hog message board has this large a voice?  There isn't any.  The second best board only has a few thousand members and all they ever post are links to Razorback articles posted elsewhere.

We make things happen here because of our voice.  I guarantee you there are folks in the U of A athletic department that read Hogville regularly.  They know they can come here to find out how happy or unhappy our fans really are.

OneLardAlmighty

Quote from: moses_007 on November 15, 2017, 03:03:55 pm
We were fed up with Houston Nutt's shenanigans, we screamed for his dismissal, we flew banners over the stadium, we played a huge role in his dismissal.

We realized John Pelphrey was an awful basketball coach, and we did everything in our power to get rid of him.  It worked.

We were totally fed up with Jeff Long and Brett Bielema... 90 percent of Hogvillians wanted them both gone... and Jeff Long was fired today.

I want to thank all Hogvillians who wrote letters or emails to our BOT members prior to their meeting in North Little Rock last week.  I wrote each of them too, calling for both Jeff and Brett's dismissal.  We did our part in getting them both gone.

Bielema will be gone after the Missouri game if there is a clause in his contract that states he can't be fired at mid-season.  However, if the Athletics Department can prove he's been drinking on the job, they could fire him immediately, for cause, and have no buyout to pay him.

Congratulations, Hogville, for doing our part toward a clean sweep of these losers.  Hogville rules!  Hogville is Powerful!  Never forget that.

So Hogville has really been running things since 2006, and yet we still haven't won a national championship?  Maybe Hogville should be fired.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: hawgmasta on November 15, 2017, 03:24:44 pm
Can you imagine the possibilities?!?

It would be awesome. I can just imagine some of the characters we have around here asking questions that the AD is obligated to answer..

hobhog

Wow. More delusional social media maniacs.

But in case you're right, let's demand a million dollars!

PorkSoda

I'm fairly certain you are overestimating the power of hogville in general.  If you followed the situation closely, I think you will find that there is one crucial factor that acted as the catalyst for Longs firing. 

Deltaboy continually referencing Long as a "carpet bagger"

when the BOT read posts like that from such a long time and respected member of hogville, long's days were numbered.

so I think DeltaBoy deserves a big round of applause for his role in the ousting of Jeff "carpet bagger" long
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

moses_007

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 15, 2017, 08:00:31 pm
I'm fairly certain you are overestimating the power of hogville in general.  If you followed the situation closely, I think you will find that there is one crucial factor that acted as the catalyst for Longs firing. 

Deltaboy continually referencing Long as a "carpet bagger"

when the BOT read posts like that from such a long time and respected member of hogville, long's days were numbered.

so I think DeltaBoy deserves a big round of applause for his role in the ousting of Jeff "carpet bagger" long
+1.  And the fact that Hogville was continually saying that Long had destroyed two straight football programs...Pitt and Arkansas.