Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is the next AD?

Started by BigK_HogHeaven, November 15, 2017, 09:37:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironhawg

Quote from: Granny fan on November 15, 2017, 09:53:56 am
Dave Van Horn!

Negative!  DVH needs to be right where he is at least until the end of the coming baseball season.

Lard

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

BearsBisonsBoars

It will never happen for a multitude of reasons, but Brad Teague seems to have done a pretty good job at UCA.

(And the anger this would cause in Conway would keep me warm all winter long)

Hogwild

Won't be Kevin White, he isn't interested.  I'm placing my hopes on Mack Rhoads

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 15, 2017, 09:56:51 am
Let's bring in someone that can bring back a great culture and atmosphere. JL too concerned with selling ads and sponsorships
Yeah!   Who needs money to run your athletic department.  some of you guys need to join us in the 21st century.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Tsarcasm

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

soooieman

Wooderson

Quote from: NoogaHog on November 15, 2017, 10:02:00 am
Jessica Dorrell

What kind of perks do we get for donating lets say.....$20,000
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jacobp on November 15, 2017, 09:38:37 am
Terry Don Phillips is almost 80 freaking years old
no he isnt. He's younger than Trump....
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Grizzlyfan

texas tush hog

The_Iceman

Quote from: depressed_fan on November 15, 2017, 09:40:37 am
houston nutt probably

He actually could have been a good AD if he would have stepped away from coaching here on good terms.

NoogaHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 15, 2017, 10:03:23 am
He actually could have been a good AD if he would have stepped away from coaching here on good terms.

I am not a Nutt fan but I actually agree with this. I always thought the job was going to be his when JFB retired. Then the wheels fell off.

redhogchilipepper

NoogaHog

Here is where we should resurrect the Bazzel for AD thread. Funny stuff.

The_Iceman

Quote from: NoogaHog on November 15, 2017, 10:05:36 am
I am not a Nutt fan but I actually agree with this. I always thought the job was going to be his when JFB retired. Then the wheels fell off.

It's perfect for him. He is a great cheerleader for this program, would build relationships across the state, and raise money. However, that bridge is burnt to a crisp.

RME

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 15, 2017, 09:45:54 am
That POS and his entire worthless family shouldn't be allowed to step foot back on campus, after the way that they conducted themselves when Nutt returned to Fayetteville with his Old Myth team!

Watch you mouth, son. Those are my kin. WE ARE ALL RAZORBACKS.

Atlhogfan1

Kevin Scanlon never had an interest?
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

1highhog

That POS and his entire worthless family shouldn't be allowed to step foot back on campus, after the way that they conducted themselves when Nutt returned to Fayetteville with his Old Myth team!

I wish all of Arkansas would ship his whole family to a deserted island somewhere, but I'd hate to do that to a deserted island.  I would instead send them all to North Korea.

EastArkHog 47

I though the flip flop & reggae man was going first, but one down and one to go. As for the next AD no telling, but I agree Phillips would be a good short term fix and I think so would Chuck Dicus, should be interesting.

NoogaHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 15, 2017, 10:08:08 am
It's perfect for him. He is a great cheerleader for this program, would build relationships across the state, and raise money. However, that bridge is burnt to a crisp.

I agree, I thought he would be a better AD than FB coach, but he is too toxic now.

31to6

Quote from: tusked on November 15, 2017, 09:47:49 am
You don't do a successful power grab and then give that new power away.
no kidding

Panthog

NoogaHog

Quote from: Panthog on November 15, 2017, 10:17:09 am
Fitz Hill

I could go for that. Would that raise the eyebrows of the NCAA, considering we are recruiting his son? It wouldn't be that we were making him the assistant to the assistant recruiting computer analyst, but the actual, factual AD. But it is still a question that would need answered.

ipigsooie

If we cant find an arkansas guy (i hope we can and think we will), i keep hearing Mack Rhoades, but what about Jeremy Foley? Please dont blast me for this, but he is only 64, he did hire urban meyer and billy Donovan.  He presided over 2 national championships in bb and 2 in fb. He is also familiar with the conference. Just spitballing here so please dont blast me.

Hogman_33

Scott Varady who is the head of the Razorback Foundation is my choice. This is a guy who went to the UofA, then Georgetown Law School, and is an Arkansas native who knows what it means to be a Razorback.

bluegrassboy75

My two picks would be

Fitz Hill or Jimmy Dykes

ricepig

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 15, 2017, 10:03:18 am

Million dollar a year pay cut, at a minimum.

Sometimes you take one for the company, and Jerry could fund it, the Jerry Jones Endowment Athletic Director, haha.

PorkRinds

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on November 15, 2017, 10:21:44 am
My two picks would be

Fitz Hill or Jimmy Dykes

Hayull to da naw on JD. His personality isn't leadership potential. He'd be Jeff Long with a country accent.

31to6

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on November 15, 2017, 10:21:44 am
My two picks would be

Fitz Hill or Jimmy Dykes
Seriously? I like him as a sports personality, but the dude couldn't run a single team. The disaster wasn't just on the court.

How is he supposed to run a whole department?

ricepig

Quote from: Hogman_33 on November 15, 2017, 10:21:05 am
Scott Varady who is the head of the Razorback Foundation is my choice. This is a guy who went to the UofA, then Georgetown Law School, and is an Arkansas native who knows what it means to be a Razorback.

Well, he better not have been fudging any numbers since his group is the one selling them and putting out the sold numbers.

Big Nasty 34

ipigsooie

I like the fitz hill suggestion

jmark

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 15, 2017, 09:56:40 am
We go from ditch to ditch. No middle ground whatsoever and we are due to cycle back around to the GOBN days. I think we should go ahead and call it GOBNV2.0 for future reference purposes.

dilly, dilly
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

NoogaHog

Quote from: Hogman_33 on November 15, 2017, 10:21:05 am

I asked a question about him in reply #45. Is AD a better job than what he has? It surely can't pay better.

ricepig

Quote from: NoogaHog on November 15, 2017, 10:27:26 am
I asked a question about him in reply #45. Is AD a better job than what he has? It surely can't pay better.

AD paid Long $1m, RF Executive Director pays $300,000ish.....

Spektre

Quote from: 31to6 on November 15, 2017, 10:23:52 am
Seriously? I like him as a sports personality, but the dude couldn't run a single team. The disaster wasn't just on the court.

How is he supposed to run a whole department?

He was the AD when Gus was the coach at Springdale if what I heard was accurate.

FrozenHam

The new AD will quickly need to replace the head football coach; it wouldn't surprise me to hear a new AD announced quickly.  I suspect the PTB already have one, and that AD comes with a very good lead on a football coach.  I would think that would be part of the deal, we'll hire you if you can bring that coach in quickly.  Complete speculation, and large part hope.

Been10Hog

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on November 15, 2017, 10:24:24 am
Just curious, why?

IMO, too close of a friend to MA.  The AD needs to have some level of non bias when dealing with the coaches.  MA is coach for life.  But lets say something happens, which may would not even be his direct fault, could Fitz act?  Not questioning his integrity in the least.  Just we already get so wrapped into these personal hires. 

The positive is he was a football coach and understands the job.  I think he would be a great rep of the UA. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Locutus_of_Boar

Ha ha.  If Tubberville is hired as AD he might just hire Hootie as HC in order to be able to be the last AD to fire Nutt.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on November 15, 2017, 10:24:24 am
Just curious, why?

Mainly just hate listening to him on the radio lol.

The Waterboy

Been10Hog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 15, 2017, 10:32:15 am
Mainly just hate listening to him on the radio lol.
Well, if he gets AD your problem is solved :P

Big Nasty 34

The new AD will have a ton of pressure having to hire a new football coach as soon as he gets here. His first hire could make or break his tenure, might deter some quality candidates.

The_Iceman

Derrick Gragg would be a great choice.

Was here from 2000-2006 as senior associate AD. Was AD at Eastern Michigan and now AD at Tulsa.