Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is the next AD?

Started by BigK_HogHeaven, November 15, 2017, 09:37:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigK_HogHeaven

I have zero clue. I've heard Terry Don Phillips' name mentioned by some, Mike Irwin mentioned him last week on Bo's show. What are some other names?

Hawginj

jacobp

Terry Don Phillips is almost 80 freaking years old

Trey1981

Give me Tom Jurich all day every day.

depressed_fan

COWPOKENHAWG

"This your bush, you king of the forest"

Ironhawg

Quote from: Hawginj on November 15, 2017, 09:38:07 am
Mack Rhoads

I keep seeing his name, but I don't see a connection to the UA?

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

lawhawg20

Ironhawg

Quote from: COWPOKENHAWG on November 15, 2017, 09:41:10 am
Tommy Tuberville

Why Tommy T?  He's never been an AD and his last two head coaching jobs did not end well.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: rzrbk4life on November 15, 2017, 09:41:54 am
Tubberville
He was campaigning for it in Little Rock.  Would a river boat gambler make a good AD?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

RME

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 15, 2017, 09:45:14 am
Why Tommy T?  He's never been an AD and his last two head coaching jobs did not end well.

I don't get the want for Tuberville at all.

cjack

I'll bet he won't be another "CEO" type where the dollar is king and nothing else matters.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

The real Hogules

Quote from: depressed_fan on November 15, 2017, 09:40:37 am
houston nutt probably
That POS and his entire worthless family shouldn't be allowed to step foot back on campus, after the way that they conducted themselves when Nutt returned to Fayetteville with his Old Myth team!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Ex-Trumpet

My bet is someone most of us have never heard of.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Boardon Hamsay

I'd be shocked if we don't hire an "Arkansas ties" guy as AD.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

NoogaHog

Quote from: Trey1981 on November 15, 2017, 09:39:33 am
Give me Tom Jurich all day every day.

Seriously? With all the scandals around UL basketball and his man crush on Rick Pitino even with the FBI knocking on the door? Might as well hire Jay Jacobs if we are going to do that.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

3kgthog

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 15, 2017, 09:45:14 am

Because people want someone with an Arkansas connection. There aren't many options with administrative experience.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Tusks

You don't do a successful power grab and then give that new power away.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

netteltonhog

NoogaHog

NaturalStateReb

I nominate myself.  NSR--a desperate choice for desperate times.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Been10Hog

HoggieStyle

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 15, 2017, 09:45:59 am
My bet is someone most of us have never heard of.

Maybe from the correct side of the Mason-Dixon this time, at the very least?

NuttinItUp

Hawginj

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 15, 2017, 09:41:12 am
I keep seeing his name, but I don't see a connection to the UA?
why does he have to be connected to UA how many other schools have an AD connnected with the university or state. The assumption of that having to be a prerequisite is asinine.

pigz

You guys have a good time frig dancing

verticalhog

Terry Don Phillips turned 70 in August.  How old was Bobby Bowden when he was still coaching?  Dr. Phillips has plenty of gas in the tank to spend 3 to 5 years turning this thing around.

grayhawg

Calvin Swine

It'll depend on who's in charge after the power vacuum of Long being out.  If this was a coup by the money people (the people Irwin reported who were kept at arms length by Long) then it will be someone we know. 

If this was Long deciding to move along, and the apple cart hasn't been completely upset, then it goes to some search firm and it'll be no one we've heard of. 

Hawginj

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 15, 2017, 09:51:21 am
Whoever Gus wants?
we actually want the opposite of that you can check any poll on here and see that.

Granny fan

hogsanity

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on November 15, 2017, 09:47:30 am
Because people want someone with an Arkansas connection. There aren't many options with administrative experience.

Which is hilarious since the same people railed fo years about getting rid of the good ole boy network.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

dhizzle

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: jacobp on November 15, 2017, 09:38:37 am

He's an even 70.

BigK_HogHeaven

Wooderson

Give me liberty, or give me death!

Porkbutt Gary

Once a  Razorback, Always a Razorback  ... Unless you're a Nutt!

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: grayhawg on November 15, 2017, 09:53:03 am
Probably whoever the GOBN wants.

Yup.  Everything old is new again.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Trey1981

Quote from: NoogaHog on November 15, 2017, 09:46:38 am
Seriously? With all the scandals around UL basketball and his man crush on Rick Pitino even with the FBI knocking on the door? Might as well hire Jay Jacobs if we are going to do that.

Haha. You make it sound pretty bad, huh?  I get it and agree with what you've said, but it's time to get cut throat.  Time to start winning. Jurich built that program. Bring it on.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: hogsanity on November 15, 2017, 09:53:56 am
Which is hilarious since the same people railed fo years about getting rid of the good ole boy network.

We go from ditch to ditch. No middle ground whatsoever and we are due to cycle back around to the GOBN days. I think we should go ahead and call it GOBNV2.0 for future reference purposes.

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: cjack on November 15, 2017, 09:45:50 am
I'll bet he won't be another "CEO" type where the dollar is king and nothing else matters.

Let's bring in someone that can bring back a great culture and atmosphere. JL too concerned with selling ads and sponsorships

NoogaHog

Quote from: netteltonhog on November 15, 2017, 09:49:23 am
Scott Varaday

I knew I had heard the name, but had to google. Honest question: Is AD really a better job than the one he has? I can't imagine that it pays better. Maybe as an interim, but not permanently.

texas tush hog

Quote from: jacobp on November 15, 2017, 09:38:37 am

Watch your mouth, he graduated with me, and I will be seventy on Thursday.

Hogginintheville

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 15, 2017, 09:56:51 am
Let's bring in someone that can bring back a great culture and atmosphere. JL too concerned with selling ads and sponsorships

I do think that Arkansas is a place where the AD has to be part showman.  The fanbase was trained to expect that with Broyles. 

If they pick Nutt, things are going to get fun around here.  That might explain a lot about the Nutt rehab project that's been in the works.  Maybe he's been angling in on the job.

texas tush hog