Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grant Hall

Started by claycohog, November 13, 2017, 12:42:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: elksnort on November 14, 2017, 05:23:07 pm
Yes, I am not communicating very well.

You remember all those tracking threads? Man, those were better than an Agitha Christie novel.

Yeah, I know a thing or two about tail numbers on airplanes, and how to block them, or see the ones blocked.

I was just having fun with "tail" and BP....

The NewEra

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 14, 2017, 05:00:10 pm
LMAO. I'm not making fun of you but I love the "self defacing"

Yep, I could have done better with that :)

jgphillips3

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 14, 2017, 05:24:53 pm
Lol, when my dad was in hospice care, one of his last stunts was to lay waste to his poor nurse!!  He got a good laugh out of that!! 

Man, I miss my dad, especially on game days.  He'd call me every bad play in disgust and hang up.  Every time Hogs would turn the ball over my phone would ring!

And you could forget trying to call him during Hogs basketball games...

Mine passed in 2012.  Sounds like you and yours would have been right at home with me and mine.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 14, 2017, 05:34:38 pm
Mine passed in 2012.  Sounds like you and yours would have been right at home with me and mine.

Through all these BS posts, at the end of the day we are all Hog fans wanting the best for the program.  Sometimes we forget that.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: snoblind on November 14, 2017, 12:40:01 pm
She is probably 50+ now and has to use a wheel chair to get around because of back pain.

Oh they are only about 3 lbs each

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: snoblind on November 14, 2017, 12:40:01 pm
She is probably 50+ now and has to use a wheel chair to get around because of back pain.

Who is she?  I'm 50+ and have Google at my disposal.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

jgphillips3

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 14, 2017, 05:38:21 pm
Through all these BS posts, at the end of the day we are all Hog fans wanting the best for the program.  Sometimes we forget that.

That is absolutely the truth.  We care or we wouldn't be here.

buldozer

No need for anyone to talk to CBB now. He knows where he's at with this program and he knows its not good. He can be dealt with after the last game or after the early signing day or when the new coach is ready to come on board. This school owes CBB nothing other than what his contract calls for......

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: GuvHog on November 14, 2017, 02:17:15 pm
Naw, I'd be perfectly happy if Venables or Norvell becomes the next football head Hog.
Fatty being gone makes us all happy. We've had back-to-back clown coaches. But, Im with ya. Leach, Venables, Norvell, Gus, Campbell, hell, even Brown, and we will be in business.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Silver Hog

I miss when our defense played this tough. Bring Bobby Back.

theFlyingHog

I can go file some flight plans if anyone wants to troll. Just pm me the where to where

Hogtimes

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 14, 2017, 11:06:53 am
Guys that say things like this make me laugh.  With all of the OBVIOUS things to ding Bielema for, you have to make one up so you look like you knew all along.  There were many players Bielema did not go after.  He went after one in particular because that player called Bielema and as we saw, had a very close and tight relationship with Bielema, that was Collins.  He left all committed players alone and even did not recruit others that were looking at Wisconsin. 

Where did I say I knew all along?  I said I started to lose respect for him. I said nothing about predicting his coaching success  or failure.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 14, 2017, 04:17:04 pm
The point wasn't that BP didn't win games, the point was your discarding of the AP National Coach of the Year's 11 win season at Wake Forest because he won close games is silly.

I mentioned the score of one game.  The point was that the ACC was so weak that a mediocre Georgia Tech team with a QB who couldn't pass gas, but made up for that inadequacy by not being worth a damn as a runner, either, won one of the divisions...and a Wake Forest team that couldn't score in a whorehouse with a suitcase full of $100s won the other.

It damn sure wasn't Alabama/LSU/Arkansas ranked 1-2-3 and South Carolina a few spots behind.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: ricepig on November 14, 2017, 05:03:40 pm
Bobby coming back??
Honestly, I would attempt a nude run around the cities of Texarkana, Texas and Texarkana, Arkansas if Bobby P. came back home to Arkansas. That man is the reason for the new football operations facility and even designed the new head coach's office. An office in which he never got to rest his feet. I think Petrino would come back if Long is leaving. This state would welcome him with open arms. Just like UT would welcome Lane Kiffin back as the new Vol's head coach.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 14, 2017, 09:42:16 pm
Honestly, I would attempt a nude run around the cities of Texarkana, Texas and Texarkana, Arkansas if Bobby P. came back home to Arkansas. That man is the reason for the new football operations facility and even designed the new head coach's office. An office in which he never got to rest his feet. I think Petrino would come back if Long is leaving. This state would welcome him with open arms. Just like UT would welcome Lane Kiffin back as the new Vol's head coach.

urkillnmesmalls

You drunk?   :(
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

GuvHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 14, 2017, 06:02:49 pm
Fatty being gone makes us all happy. We've had back-to-back clown coaches. But, Im with ya. Leach, Venables, Norvell, Gus, Campbell, hell, even Brown, and we will be in business.

Don't get me wrong, I have no animosity toward CBB at all. He gave it a good try but things didn't work out. My animosity is toward the man that hired him and put him in a bad position from the beginning.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

I too think Petrino would come back if Long is leaving and I believe the overwhelming majority of fans would be happy with that. There would however, still be a number of Long huggers who would pitch and moan about it. As was said earlier though, I don't think he'll be offered the job.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on November 15, 2017, 05:58:09 am
Don't get me wrong, I have no animosity toward CBB at all. He gave it a good try but things didn't work out. My animosity is toward the man that hired him and put him in a bad position from the beginning.

There was NO bad positon. He was given everything he needed to succeed and hasn't. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

husker71

Neither Bobby here or Lane to UT will ever return to be HC at those schools.  Certainly don't know anyone who thinks UT would take Lane back .

parallaxpig

Quote from: tusked on November 13, 2017, 01:00:30 pm
He said there was another component with the foundation that pushes it back up to $12M that could/should get negotiated down. 

I think they're going to pay whatever to punt these two guys, it's just JL is an idiot (that's my observation not Grant's)

Said if there would have been a straw poll it would have been 8-2 against Long.  Didn't have to take it because Bobbit said he'd fix everything.  Thank god!!

I am going to play along and accept the above statements as true. If true, to negotiate a buyout down would accept premise that Bret has known for probably three weeks that he will be let go at end of season. I wander did he tell his staff to start looking for other jobs?
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 14, 2017, 05:24:53 pm
Lol, when my dad was in hospice care, one of his last stunts was to lay waste to his poor nurse!!  He got a good laugh out of that!! 

Man, I miss my dad, especially on game days.  He'd call me every bad play in disgust and hang up.  Every time Hogs would turn the ball over my phone would ring!

And you could forget trying to call him during Hogs basketball games...

Sorry to hear about your pops....

Sounds like he had a great sense of humor. Keep those memories strong brotha.

PRJ

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 15, 2017, 08:21:45 am
Sorry to hear about your pops....

Sounds like he had a great sense of humor. Keep those memories strong brotha.

PRJ

Thanks!  But I'm glad he's not around to witness this year.  It might have done him in!!

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 15, 2017, 08:23:02 am
Thanks!  But I'm glad he's not around to witness this year.  It might have done him in!!

It has almost done me in.

Bad, bad deal.

PRJ

Iwastherein1969

The long Grey line will never fail our country.

oldhawg

Quote from: parallaxpig on November 15, 2017, 07:18:23 am
I am going to play along and accept the above statements as true. If true, to negotiate a buyout down would accept premise that Bret has known for probably three weeks that he will be let go at end of season. I wander did he tell his staff to start looking for other jobs?

If I knew for a fact that I was going to be given my walking papers at the end of the season (a week and a half from now), I would not be negotiating down on my buyout. 

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: oldhawg on November 15, 2017, 08:51:19 am
If I knew for a fact that I was going to be given my walking papers at the end of the season (a week and a half from now), I would not be negotiating down on my buyout. 

You might if they have the goods on you that might prevent you from future employment. 

hog.goblin

Quote from: parallaxpig on November 15, 2017, 07:18:23 am

I know one coach is never bought a house here.  He knew the time was short.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: online-with-swine on November 13, 2017, 12:57:43 pm
JL and BB gone:  Good
Buyout at 12 mil:  Dang it
Gus as real possibility:  Double dang it

With Long out, it's safe to assume CBB is out too. I prefer Norvell, but we'll see. I am not a big fan of Gus, but I suppose he could make a respectable offense here.  I don't think he could recruit the athletes he has at AU to construct the defense that stonewalled UGA last Saturday.  That's what scares me.  CBB was supposed to be a defensive guy. Hasn't turned out very well.  Gus is not a defensive guy. If he comes in, we need someone with solid defensive credentials on that side of the ball AND we need to get a clean recruiter to focus on that side of the ball.

EFBAB

LRHog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 14, 2017, 07:07:49 pm
I can go file some flight plans if anyone wants to troll. Just pm me the where to where

auburn -> Fayetteville would be pretty freakin funny.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on November 15, 2017, 10:22:22 am
With Long out, it's safe to assume CBB is out too. I prefer Norvell, but we'll see. I am not a big fan of Gus, but I suppose he could make a respectable offense here.  I don't think he could recruit the athletes he has at AU to construct the defense that stonewalled UGA last Saturday.  That's what scares me.  CBB was supposed to be a defensive guy. Hasn't turned out very well.  Gus is not a defensive guy. If he comes in, we need someone with solid defensive credentials on that side of the ball AND we need to get a clean recruiter to focus on that side of the ball.

EFBAB

I cannot see him leaving Auburn for the UA, UNLESS his long term goal is to be the AD here, and reside here pretty well permanently ala Ken Hatfield.  They just nipped UGA, and I think it's possible they could get Bama if Bama has a bad game with some turnovers and mistakes.  I guess we'll see... 

I don't think there is ANY validity to the concerns that 14 people on Hogville have about him being a "polarizing figure" and not being welcome back here.  I think a LOT of fans were surprised when he wasn't hired instead of BB. 

Biggest concern there would be as you suggested...defense.  We would need a big name D-coordintor who can also recruit for me to feel like we would even have a decent shot.  We continue to field defenses that are not SEC caliber and that has to change. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

HatfieldEra

Quote from: GuvHog on November 15, 2017, 05:58:09 am

HogCard

Torn on Gus or not.  I think he was treated badly in the whole saga here years ago and I think you have to admire him for never speaking publicly about it.  Maybe he knew this day might come someday and chose to take the high road.  On the other hand did he know about the Cam Newton thing?  I think yes, so does that make him a cheater?  Many say yeah.  Do I think he might want to come here and be AD someday?  I think it has validity.

To those that say all he would bring here is 7-8 wins per year.......I'm not crazy about 7 but you are all crazy if you think you wouldn't take someone that could average 8 wins a year and go about 500 in the SEC every year.  With a really good year now and then. 

hog.goblin

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 14, 2017, 12:38:40 pm
I think a lot of grown men are getting excited telling each other fairy tales about what they hope comes true.  Hope is a seductive mistress...it all makes perfect sense when it's what you want to hear. 

Logic suggests Bielema will be replaced but even that hasn't been confirmed.  Of course you might as well spend your day predicting and wishcasting because something has to fill the time while waiting for the inevitable

Wasn't much of a fairy tale now was it?

HF#1

Grant seems to know WTH he is talking about.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

CareBear

Ex-Trumpet

Who is the goober that keeps talking over him?

CareBear

Vernon just won't quit talking over Grant...its maddening!

CareBear

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 15, 2017, 01:52:34 pm
Who is the goober that keeps talking over him?
Vernon Tarver Jr... I went to school with him. Nice guy, but needs to quit talking over Grant!

jjfmetal11

Quote from: CareBear on November 15, 2017, 01:53:31 pm
I hear ya,  I just about called in and told him to shut his #$%@^#  mouth! 

hog.goblin

Quote from: CareBear on November 15, 2017, 01:53:31 pm

It's actually become an expected part of the show.  Grant has tremendous patience.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 15, 2017, 06:44:12 pm
It's actually become an expected part of the show.  Grant has tremendous patience.

I've been listening to those two bicker back and forth on 1190 AM "The Fan" for years now.  That will NEVER change, because they are differing personalities, so you just have to put up with it.  When Grant gets enough of it and is adamant about making a point, he will get fiery and shut Vernon up.  It sort of balances itself out. 

I'm bummed that their show is on 99.5 FM at noon now.  I liked listening to them in the morning.  I probably won't catch it as often now.  :(