2 (0.5%)
Both gone (but Frito Pie stays)
107 (26.5%)
Neither gone (but Frito Pie stays)
52 (12.9%)

Total Members Voted: 400

Voting closed: November 18, 2017, 04:03:30 pm

Porked Tongue

Lot's of sources and lots of heavy "rumors".  With all that in mind, what do you believe is the end game?

I'm willing to guess the winner of this voting is "BB only".

Mr Jade

Keeping CBB is suicide for the AD and mayb higher up than that, as long as he performs to expectations and loses the next two weeks. Two blowout wins changes everything.

Otherwise, CBB is gone and Long stays. BoT keeps a tight reign on the AD.
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

jmark

i only have one source.  from the capital.  that long would not be here.  i don't know if i believe it.
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

Porked Tongue

Just as I expected.

What you think vs what you want always a different deal.

Hogtimes

Long will be back....no good reason to fire him.    BB will be gone

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Biggus Piggus

Pretty sure Frito Pie is staying.
[CENSORED]!

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

NuttinItUp

Jeffy gets a little longer to prove himself. AD's jobs are more than just about the football program.

Dark Helmet Hog

Reality sucks. Thank God for Frito Pie.

I have no idea what the final outcome will be. BB is gone at a minimum. Long? I have no idea. 

Lady Razorback

I'm inclined to believe that BB is gone.  I spoke with family member over weekend who is on board of another school in AR.  They told me that they understood that JL was in hot water over issue with costs associated with the stadium expansion.  Their understanding was that there was a cost overrun of 8 figures due to asbestos abatement costs.   

hamARchy in the USA

BB is who he is today because Long is who he is.  That alone should be a firing offense yet one doesn't have to look hard to find more. 

If Long is allowed to stay then it indicates there is a leadership problem on up the ladder.  My guess is that those on up the ladder are weighing whether keeping Long or replacing him is the bigger risk to their own futures.

jgphillips3

BB gone, Long here...for now.  I suspect Long will move on within the next year.

WilsonHog

I voted both, but my preference would almost be for the powers that be to make a visit to Jeff Long's office (no appointment, mind you), and say to Long, "Jeff, sit your ass down while we tell you who our next football coach is going to be. If you don't like it, pack your sh*t and hit the road."

farmhawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 12, 2017, 07:13:45 pm
I voted both, but my preference would almost be for the powers that be to make a visit to Jeff Long's office (no appointment, mind you), and say to Long, "Jeff, sit your ass down while we tell you who our next football coach is going to be. If you don't like it, pack your sh*t and hit the road."
Borderline erotic.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Dark Helmet Hog

ricepig

I doubt even his ego would leave $4m on the table. He's here until he gets an out.

East Clintwood

If Long is allowed to stay then the new coach has the deck stacked against him and is probably doomed to fail.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

007 License To Squeal

Reliable sources say BB is toast.....No word on Long.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

aloha_kid

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 12, 2017, 04:03:30 pm
Lot's of sources and lots of heavy "rumors".  With all that in mind, what do you believe is the end game?

I'm willing to guess the winner of this voting is "BB only".

Everything is a rumor until someone is hired.

PonderinHog

Frito pie is gone, too.  I ate it.

NuttinItUp

Hoggle

I get where you're coming from but why continue to pay that diptard (or any diptard) $1.0mm per year when you can't trust him (for very good reason) to perform one of his most important and basic job duties.

Plus, as another poster alluded to, it makes no sense to hire a new coach under an AD who is hanging by a thread.  I hope these guys will show some true nuts and leadership and clear out John White's mess once and for all!!!

Fire Jeff Long!!!!

HardCore

Quote from: Hoggle on November 12, 2017, 11:12:03 pm
I get where you're coming from but why continue to pay that diptard (or any diptard) $1.0mm per year when you can't trust him (for very good reason) to perform one of his most important and basic job duties.

Plus, as another poster alluded to, it makes no sense to hire a new coach under an AD who is hanging by a thread.  I hope these guys will show some true nuts and leadership and clear out John White's mess once and for all!!!

Fire Jeff Long!!!!

This!  No logical reason to keep Jeff.  He is the virus that spreads the epidemic.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Nipsey Mussle

"BB only" was the predictable pick because there's a level of uncertainty on Long's overall job performance. We can all say 100% sure BB is failing miserably at his job, but I don't know even 10% of Long's duties, so I can't weigh in. I'm still steadfast in believing BB was a good hire to make, but it just didn't work out. My anger with Long would be that he'd never fire him or anyone else during the season. There is a lot of value in firing him right now (for one thing, BB is coaching for right now instead of the future) but Long worries about his own image.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: HardCore on November 12, 2017, 11:21:16 pm
No logical reason to keep Jeff.

I am no Jeffy defender, but there are plenty of logical reasons to keep Jeffy at this point.

MissippHog

Just CBB gone and he's taking all the frito pie with him.  Selfish!

southeasthog

I had this discussion with my brother during the CC game. Mostly about Beliema. He said that he is for sure gone. I asked if he really thought that or if he hoped that so much that he convinced himself that it was a sure thing. He thought about it and said it was the latter. I don't believe either one is going anywhere and if they don't it will be just like in 2012 with all the stupid Gruden rumors. (which I bought into 100%. Thanks Duck)
The ones with all the sources will backtrack or be outed to be just shite stirrers.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: What's Shakin' Macon on November 12, 2017, 11:28:10 pm
"BB only" was the predictable pick because there's a level of uncertainty on Long's overall job performance. We can all say 100% sure BB is failing miserably at his job, but I don't know even 10% of Long's duties, so I can't weigh in. I'm still steadfast in believing BB was a good hire to make, but it just didn't work out. My anger with Long would be that he'd never fire him or anyone else during the season. There is a lot of value in firing him right now (for one thing, BB is coaching for right now instead of the future) but Long worries about his own image.

I don't fault Long for the Bielema hire. It looked like a great hire to most at the time. As you say, it just didn't work out as anticipated. Now what I do fault him for is the enormous buy-out that he gave Bielema. That was a really bad decision. I can understand Bielema not getting the axe until the end of the season, though I believe that it is a foregone conclusion. If Long attempts to drag his feet on this, he might find himself in jeopardy as well.
Go Hogs Go!

ChitownHawg

PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

dfwalumdad

Quote from: Lady Razorback on November 12, 2017, 06:33:06 pm
I'm inclined to believe that BB is gone.  I spoke with family member over weekend who is on board of another school in AR.  They told me that they understood that JL was in hot water over issue with costs associated with the stadium expansion.  Their understanding was that there was a cost overrun of 8 figures due to asbestos abatement costs.

that would be surprising as spray asbestos was banned in 1973 and the BAC was built in 1975.

goodguytex

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 12, 2017, 10:32:57 pm
Frito pie is gone, too.  I ate it.
I ate Frito pie too. Wishing I hadn't this morning.

hoglady

I voted both, but my preference would almost be for the powers that be to make a visit to Jeff Long’s office (no appointment, mind you), and say to Long, “Jeff, sit your ass down while we tell you who our next football coach is going to be. If you don’t like it, pack your sh*t and hit the road.”

That's sounds good, too.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

goodguytex

The safe bet outside of Frito pie is Bret goes, Long stays. We hire Norvell or Anderson from A State. But I'm not 100% convinced Bielema is going anywhere this year either. The media have been making excuses for him all year which I'm sure bielema will latch on to.. starting RB, WR, Center all out for part or majority of the season. Starting QB injured for most of the season.

It's a ready made excuse bielema will use with Long and Long may use with the BOT. So I'm at 60% bielema gone.

Torqued pork

Bielema is out. Long stays but only as a powerless figure-head.  The GOBN returns, but will be renamed "The Commission " with Jerry Jones as the boss of bosses. Anyone gets out of line gets whacked.

Ironhawg

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 12, 2017, 07:10:49 pm
BB gone, Long here...for now.  I suspect Long will move on within the next year.

I think Bielema is a likeable guy, but things just have not worked for him at Arkansas.  I don't like to see someone lose their job, but believe the time for a new head coach has come.  As for Jeff Long, Imho he gets a chance to finish the north end zone project then quietly takes a position elsewhere.

DeltaBoy

Want Both gone but if Long has to stay. I want the Man handcuffed and guided on his hiring a new coach.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hogtimes

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 13, 2017, 06:26:52 am
I don't fault Long for the Bielema hire. It looked like a great hire to most at the time. As you say, it just didn't work out as anticipated. Now what I do fault him for is the enormous buy-out that he gave Bielema. That was a really bad decision. I can understand Bielema not getting the axe until the end of the season, though I believe that it is a foregone conclusion. If Long attempts to drag his feet on this, he might find himself in jeopardy as well.

Completely agree

oldhawg

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 13, 2017, 08:25:04 am
I think Bielema is a likeable guy, but things just have not worked for him at Arkansas.  I don't like to see someone lose their job, but believe the time for a new head coach has come.  As for Jeff Long, Imho he gets a chance to finish the north end zone project then quietly takes a position elsewhere.

With his financial compensation, It does not bother me to see Bielema lose his job.  He is not living pay check to pay check like many are ---- those are the people that I hate to see losing jobs.

PonderinHog

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Torqued pork on November 13, 2017, 07:35:14 am
Bielema is out. Long stays but only as a powerless figure-head.  The GOBN returns, but will be renamed "The Commission " with Jerry Jones as the boss of bosses. Anyone gets out of line gets whacked.

Don't laugh, the last person to ge "whacked" was Petrino.  The Mafia doesn't kill people these days!

Razorbackers

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 13, 2017, 06:26:52 am

^^^^

Fire Bielema, hire someone young and exciting like Norvell, and he'll be fine. Bret didn't work, but that's not on Jeff. He grabbed a winning coach, gave him everything he needed to win here, and it didn't work out. There's only so much an AD can do.

HF#1

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 13, 2017, 11:28:58 am
^^^^

Fire Bielema, hire someone young and exciting like Norvell, and he'll be fine. Bret didn't work, but that's not on Jeff. He grabbed a winning coach, gave him everything he needed to win here, and it didn't work out. There's only so much an AD can do.

Is young and exciting really a criteria? I'm being serious. If we hire an old and busted coach that wins 10 games a year, I'd be fine with it.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Razorbackers

Quote from: HF#1 on November 13, 2017, 11:29:53 am
Is young and exciting really a criteria? I'm being serious. If we hire an old and busted coach that wins 10 games a year, I'd be fine with it.

Sure. IDC if we use disney animatronics to reanimate the bear, just get someone here who can steadily win the games we're supposed to win dangit. I don't need double digits every year to be happy and have fun.

cjack

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 13, 2017, 11:28:58 am
^^^^

I agree.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Lady Razorback

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 13, 2017, 07:08:06 am
that would be surprising as spray asbestos was banned in 1973 and the BAC was built in 1975.

Actually asbestos was banned in 1978 in the US.  However the installers were allowed to use up remaining inventory so houses or buildings as late as 1986 could still have asbestos. 

HF#1

I think Long stays and hires the next coach. Unless some of these claims of mismanagement of money and insurance claims blow up and they have to fire him.

I will say this, if we have to hire a new AD and a new coach, we are not getting anyone of note.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

The Hawg Marshal

Has anyone else heard the rumor that Long is leaving in March?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: HF#1 on November 13, 2017, 11:35:31 am
I think Long stays and hires the next coach. Unless some of these claims of mismanagement of money and insurance claims blow up and they have to fire him.

I will say this, if we have to hire a new AD and a new coach, we are not getting anyone of note.

Or we could get one of note that won't work with Long...according to my cousin!