Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fire?

Started by hawgball40, January 10, 2018, 09:06:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fire?

Yes
No

alohawg

Mike's not going anywhere soon and neither are the hogs.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Sivad

Quote from: 1highhog on January 11, 2018, 10:24:09 am
Mike keeps getting free passes.  Why?
Nolan Richardson.

twistitup

must make tourney or Mike's days are numbered -
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: twistitup on January 11, 2018, 12:17:55 pm
must make tourney or Mike's days are numbered -
Nah, Mike is the only coach in America whose win/loss/tourney record is of no consequence. Mike Anderson can never, and will never, be fired at Arkansas. We knew this when the hire was made.

BigHog396

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 11, 2018, 08:57:56 am
Barford and Macon need a facilitator.  I'm not going to say a true PG as Mike's motion offense doesn't absolutely have to have one.  But the 3rd guard spot is too much of a hole right now.  And there is no real 4th.
You actually probably hit the biggest problem (outside of poor coaching, poor effort, poor overall recruiting, and poor fundamentals) that we have had since MA came here.

All of our elite teams had top level PGs.  Mike has not been able to get one since he got here.  A quality true PG, even a freshman like LSU put on the court last night, would be making a HUGE difference.  A quality true PG would have probably had Mike in the dance a couple of more times since he has been here.

Of course that's the old... if if's and but's line too.  Mike hasn't, and doesn't seem to be capable of getting a top level PG.  Huge problem.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: dianne fineswine on January 11, 2018, 11:41:23 am
Okay, if we all want to return to being crackers and rednecks.

Are you implying that if we were to fire him, we would be labeled these racial epithets by the sports media who will report it, or are you implying that if we were to fire him it will be because we are the racial epithets you've listed ?

BigBlueHell

I don't know about you all, but this season is starting to feel a whole lot like the '08-'09 season.  I really thought going into conference play that year Pelphrey had turned the corner for Razorback basketball.  I was starting to feel that way this year going into conference play again.  I've got a bad feeling about the rest of the season.
My 2 favorite teams...my Arkansas Razorbacks and whoever is playing Kentucky.

dianne fineswine

Quote from: hogsanity on January 11, 2018, 11:47:39 am
Oh look here. A 13 year old acct with 100 posts and it shows up making a racial claim as to why we cant get rid of Mike. So, who of the the Mike Anderson PR team are you a 2nd or 3rd acct of?
And you with your 45000 posts  and 12000 smites. What is Hogville allowing you to escape from? Your wife and kids? Your boss? Your job? Your church? All the above?
For the record I never wanted Mike and don't now. I only have one account here and seldom find a need to comment on this site as it is contaminated with the like of you.
Now have a very nice rest of your day.   
Ineptocracy - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

hogsanity

Quote from: dianne fineswine on January 12, 2018, 08:36:19 am
And you with your 45000 posts  and 12000 smites. What is Hogville allowing you to escape from? Your wife and kids? Your boss? Your job? Your church? All the above?
For the record I never wanted Mike and don't now. I only have one account here and seldom find a need to comment on this site as it is contaminated with the like of you.
Now have a very nice rest of your day.   

Looks like I hit a nerve.

Been a member here for 13 years, so my post count is only about 9 a day. One can fire off 10 times that in the game thread during a game.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

netteltonhog

Right now Mikes job isn't in jeopardy but that can change quickly. Our new AD has put a bigger emphasis on winning as instructed from his bosses. Let this team lose Saturday and see how hot Mikes seat can get. He isn't untouchable by any means.