Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CHAVIS HIRED OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE (in body of thread)

Started by Scott Marshall, January 09, 2018, 10:41:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FATHAWG08

Quote from: dbhog on January 09, 2018, 11:19:34 am
His defenses at A&M were mediocre.  I  think his best days are behind him.  We will need to recruit like heck to get much improvement on defense.
This is a plus hire for the UA. I think he gives us a better chance to upgrade our talent on defense. He puts guys in the NFL. CCM will sell this  to recruits.
I love off season Football!!

Mr. Porkleone

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: Tyro3 on January 09, 2018, 04:02:34 pm
He will be 78 next month, now coaches with his son, don't think he would be interested.

Hell apparently age doesn't matter. The one we are stuck with is almost 70 so whats the difference.

Shoulda went for Tom Osborne if we are going off a resume from 30 years ago, which is apparently what some on here think we should do.

WarEagleSharkFalconHawg

I get a lot of folks wanted different hires but seriously, look at this staff. When was the last time we had this much potential? (besides that guy on a motorcycle that petered out way too quickly)

Acehawg

This staff has tons of potential.  I'm super excited.

hawgmasta

Quote from: dbhog on January 09, 2018, 11:19:34 am
His defenses at A&M were mediocre.  I  think his best days are behind him.  We will need to recruit like heck to get much improvement on defense.

If we had a mediocre defense the last few years CBB would still be here.

pigbacon

CFB coaching tree via Johnny Majors...I'll take it! 

Pork Twain

Quote from: jst01 on January 09, 2018, 11:17:39 am
People scream for the program to commit to winning and being the best. The program is about to spend more on a DC than it ever has, and that DC has more success than anyone ever hired here. And yet people will complain that it’s a dumb hire because he hasn’t been as successful in the last few years as he was in the previous 20. Give me a break. This hire is a huge positive in many ways.
Welcome to Hogville, where no dark cloud is able to hide behind all the silver lining in the world.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hawgzinbowlz

TexArkHogFan

Reporter:  What is your main concern on being named Defensive Coordinator for the Arkansas Razorbacks?

Chavis:  I don't have any concerns.  I create concerns.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Hawgndaaz

Despite what anyone says, he's a major improvement on anything we've had defensively since I have been alive and I'm 30+

Tyro3

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on January 09, 2018, 09:06:28 pm
Hell apparently age doesn't matter. The one we are stuck with is almost 70 so whats the difference.

Shoulda went for Tom Osborne if we are going off a resume from 30 years ago, which is apparently what some on here think we should do.

He was 61 in October, not quite 70.

NuttinItUp