Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema's Biggest downfall...

Started by HogsBalls, January 08, 2018, 08:19:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HardCore

Quote from: tusked on January 08, 2018, 08:25:04 pm
there wasn't just 'one' thing.  his entire everything was a downfall.

Except his contract.  He sure as hell got that that one right.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

aloha_kid

Quote from: colbs on January 08, 2018, 08:23:10 pm
I'm not crazy about Chaney.  The offense wasn't great when he was here.  Losing Pittman was huge though.

Agreed, the Pitman loss was huge.  Look at the oline play since he left. 

Smashmouth2004

Bielema's downfall was having a big contract, a big buyout and a AD who was more concerned about GPA than winning football games! The fat a$$ gained 50lbs the 5 years he was here and became lazy.

DeltaBoy

LOL Chaney went to run run punt after that last TD pass in the 3rd and let Bama come back and win.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

razorbackfaninar

"Look at that Jim trying to chop down that tree, he's terrible, it's taking him forever". 
"I think we're going to have to let Jim go, It took him three days to chop down one tree. He's just doesn't have what it takes to be a good lumberjack." 

"Hey look, Jim got hired by one of our competitors."
"That's a bad move, we gave him one of our best hatchets and it took him three days to chop down one tree, that's never going to work, he's just not lumberjack material"

"I hear Jim is chopping down some big trees over at the new place tomorrow, lets go watch".
"Hey, Jim looks pretty good out there, he's really laying those tree's down, I wonder why he never did that for us?" 
"What's that thing he's using"? 
" a chain what"?
" chainsaw"?   
"Huh"
"I wonder why he never took the hatchet we gave him and chopped down that many trees in one day"?
"Probably because he's fat" 

arslp

Quote from: IronHog on January 09, 2018, 08:05:11 am

What games do you people watch?
How about the ones where we scored 50 points and still lost the game? He's gone because we had the worst defense in our history. Which ones are you watching? Or how about when we score 24 in the first half then lose the game
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

MTBrookHog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 08, 2018, 11:22:51 pm
I could bot help but think how BB wouldn't pull Brandon or Austin when they was playing poorly.
I said last night that I knew one coach that wouldn't have the balls to do what Saban did last night.

pghawg1

One of his downfalls was not recruiting Texas, and telling those high school coaches at the high school convention his offense was going to kick there butt, 75% of high schools in Texas run the Spread .

twistitup

Quote from: pghawg1 on January 09, 2018, 04:05:51 pm
One of his downfalls was not recruiting Texas, and telling those high school coaches at the high school convention his offense was going to kick there butt, 75% of high schools in Texas run the Spread .

....but it's soooo much more fun to take recruiting trips to South FL.

CBB was a flip flop wearing, wannabe beach bum - TX wasn't his style

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

okrazorback

Quote from: arslp on January 09, 2018, 03:24:02 pm
How about the ones where we scored 50 points and still lost the game? He's gone because we had the worst defense in our history. Which ones are you watching? Or how about when we score 24 in the first half then lose the game
His biggest downfall was his inability to coach.

okrazorback

Quote from: HardCore on January 09, 2018, 08:43:36 am
Except his contract.  He sure as hell got that that one right.

I agree

okrazorback

Quote from: arslp on January 09, 2018, 03:24:02 pm

That was still his fault. He was the head coach.

rude1

His biggest downfall was leaving from under the wing of Alvarez, he simply lacks the discipline to run a program on his own without the needed supervision that Alvarez gave him constantly.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 09, 2018, 12:11:58 am
If he fell off the upper deck, that would be his greatest downfall.

In the middle of the assistant coach debate...Biggus goes all Isaac Newton on us!
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

redeye

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 09, 2018, 07:50:56 am
ANY play that is successful is a good play. Any that is not successful is a bad play. Even coaches will tell you play calling is overrated sometimes. NO coach calls a play thinking it will not be successful. No matter what play is called the players have to execute it. Sometimes thought the defensive play call and player execution is better despite whatever call is made for the offense.

C'mon, you must have noticed the suspect play-calling while Chaney was here.  There were times when our offense was running the ball great, and Chaney would quit, even if we couldn't pass it.

This was written about his play-calling against Oklahoma:

QuoteThe Bulldogs have been able to run the ball well, but a number of promising drives have been killed by the puzzling decision to throw, especially on first down. The Bulldogs are averaging 16.5 yards per carry, yet only ran the ball 11 times.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/bret-bielema-critical-georgia-oc-jim-chaneys-play-calling-crazy

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: MTBrookHog on January 09, 2018, 03:57:48 pm
I said last night that I knew one coach that wouldn't have the balls to do what Saban did last night.

It's easier to have the balls to do that when you have a 5 star quarterback waiting to be put in.  I don't understand the knock on Bielema for not pulling Brandon Allen when there wasn't anyone behind him who could play better than he was.

jkstock04

Quote from: HogsBalls on January 08, 2018, 08:19:26 pm
Was it not getting along with Chaney and Pittman? The play calling for Georgia looks dang good tonight and we all know what Pittman can do in recruiting and developing.
Nah. His first and biggest downfall is bringing his mid 2000s big 10 football mentality to the SEC. Slow and overweight philosophy won't work here. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on January 09, 2018, 08:47:00 am
Bielema's downfall was having a big contract, a big buyout and a AD who was more concerned about GPA than winning football games! The fat a$$ gained 50lbs the 5 years he was here and became lazy.
This too. I firmly believe he had little to zero motivation to win here. This was a guaranteed multi million dollar vacation.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

liljo

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 09, 2018, 04:58:51 pm
This too. I firmly believe he had little to zero motivation to win here. This was a guaranteed multi million dollar vacation.

I completely agree. That last contract he signed, with the giant buyout clause--if he weren't already lazy and unmotivated, that did the trick.

After that, he mailed it in. He would do the weekly game prepping, going through the motions of preparing for "next week's opponent." But all that was mostly on his assistants. He was a smooth talker and sounded good in sound bites. But I think he was living for the day when the UofA said "You are fired."

I'm not sure he'll ever coach again. He is just too lazy, and now he is absolutely filthy rich. I figure he and his wife will be pregnant again real soon, and he'll settle back into the role of husband and dad. In that role, he'll probably be pretty good.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

Grag T

Nah his biggest downfall is that video where he slipped in those dress shoes on wet pavement.  Someone in here probably has that clip handy  ;D
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

MTBrookHog

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on January 09, 2018, 04:55:56 pm
It's easier to have the balls to do that when you have a 5 star quarterback waiting to be put in.  I don't understand the knock on Bielema for not pulling Brandon Allen when there wasn't anyone behind him who could play better than he was.
How about developing our back-ups to be ready in case the starter is too injured to compete. Brandon was barely able to stand during that Missouri game. What about Beliema's "next man up"? Does that just apply to everyone OTHER than the QB?