Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should we be a basketball school?

Started by Sooieet-N-Sower, December 30, 2017, 02:45:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: toxichog on December 30, 2017, 06:19:08 pm
Since joining the SEC ........Arkansas has NEVER won an SEC Championship in baseball.........not ONE.  Don't mean to rain on the parade, just telling the truth. 

#Fail. 99 and 04.

Do your research before posting.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Pork Twain

Quote from: Sooieet-N-Sower on December 30, 2017, 02:45:28 pm
Seriously. Our basketball team is good. We have had pretty solid in-state basketball talent over the past few years. Watching the MS State bowl game, I'm fairly confident that their football team is much better than ours. That puts us ahead of only Ole Miss (maybe) in the West for the foreseeable future ... and that's assuming they implode after NCAA sanctions.

Why not just focus our financial investments (facilities, assistants, etc.) into the basketball program?

Just don't see any way that we aren't bottom feeders in football for several years to come. Why not focus on improving an already quality product (basketball) ... Just a thought

We were when Eddie and Nolan were here
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

factchecker

Since joining the SEC ........Arkansas has NEVER won an SEC Championship in baseball.........not ONE.  Don't mean to rain on the parade, just telling the truth.

Weird.... I could have sworn we won the SEC twice (1999 and 2004).  I guess we need to take down those outfield panels.

Don't mean to rain on the parade, just telling the truth.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jcharkansas on December 30, 2017, 02:47:12 pm
What's wrong with being competitive in both, other places do it.

Heck I want to be nationally competitive in all the sports we have.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi