Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Luke Ford

Started by SooieGeneris, December 21, 2017, 05:47:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SooieGeneris

signs with UGA. He was our first commit in this class or the first out of stater anyway. The rich get richer.

KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

WOOPIGDOOIE

Hopefully we can get Hudson next year, and make up for losing out on Ford

nwahogfan1

In our new offense TEs are not as important a position.  I would love to trade a te for a 4 star WR or rb.

Peter Porker

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on December 21, 2017, 08:05:27 pm
In our new offense TEs are not as important a position.  I would love to trade a te for a 4 star WR or rb.

Probably should look at Clemson's offense under Morris. Dwayne Allen was a pretty good TE. The NFL is proving TEs are the ultimate matchup nightmare for defenses.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

RaisinHog

They are still important.. Hudson would be perfect for the system tall athletic and runs like a deer

cardinalandwhite

In our new offense TEs are not as important a position.

How in the world did you come to this conclusion?
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

247Hog

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on December 21, 2017, 07:17:08 pm
Hopefully we can get Hudson next year, and make up for losing out on Ford

Trade Hudson for Ford all day every day. Plus i prefer Chevy.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

kennypig

just a side note. If I looked at it right, the state of Georgia has forty-one 4* & 5* players this year.
The Georgia coaches must go out of state just so they can use the private jet.

247Hog

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 21, 2017, 09:22:48 pm
How in the world did you come to this conclusion?

Don't you know that's the word on the street. Poster read it somewhere on Hogville so has to be true and poster will state it as fact going forward. I wouldn't expect any actually facts to back up...

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

searkhogfan

Not according to CCM.  The TE is a big part of his offense..

IronMountainHog

That Ford will be parked on the bench at Georgia imo.

HogFoo

I was surprised when Ford didn't even give us another look with the new staff after he'd been committed for so long. I wonder if Morris even tried to contact him. Probably not. He probably saw we already had enough Tes plus , next year have the top TE probably gonna be a Hog too.  Figure Morris didn't even think twice about not talking to Ford. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

colbs

Quote from: HogFoo on December 21, 2017, 10:12:49 pm
I was surprised when Ford didn't even give us another look with the new staff after he'd been committed for so long. I wonder if Morris even tried to contact him. Probably not. He probably saw we already had enough Tes plus , next year have the top TE probably gonna be a Hog too.  Figure Morris didn't even think twice about not talking to Ford. 
He has been decommitted for awhile. 

HogFoo

Quote from: colbs on December 21, 2017, 10:25:25 pm
He has been decommitted for awhile.
yeah i know, but since he had had interest obviously to be committed to us as long as he was, one would think it's not too far out of the realm of possibility to believe that he might think about checking the Hogs again under Morris.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: HogFoo on December 21, 2017, 10:12:49 pm

It's a prestige thing w/ Ford.  He was always on the verge of committing w/ every visit he took.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Medic821

Ford was playing a lot of schools.  He ate the press crap up.

hogfan870

In defense of the posts saying the TE is not as important to Morris, I think their point is more that you won't see as many formations with multiple TEs on the field at the same time, especially if you count FBs. CBB ran a lot of plays with two TEs and a FB on the field.  I think we are about to see less of that and more WRs.  This is also part of increasing the speed on the field.

Also, we already have a lot of TEs and FBs on scholarship. If there is any position where we can afford to lose some, it is TE.  Also, I expect that we will finally see Gragg live up to the hype. He looked good the very few times we saw him, but for whatever reason the former staff did not play him much.

HamGrowsOnTrees

poppy cock.

In read options when you are moving the LBs around the TE is usually the number one target.

TEs will be used more in this offense than in CBBs.

jackflash

would like to had him. I think we can wait a year for another TE. like what we already have

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: HamGrowsOnTrees on December 22, 2017, 05:13:59 am
poppy cock.

In read options when you are moving the LBs around the TE is usually the number one target.

TEs will be used more in this offense than in CBBs.

I think you missed the point, the TE's may get more catches because of more passes thrown from a much better passing foundation but at the same time we will see less two TE sets.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Bert's crunching the formation up to play in a phone booth put us at a disadvantage in many ways. The spread philosophy should open the field up a bit more regardless of personnel on the field.

I think we will see 2 TE sets, they just won't be the kind Enos and Bert put on the field.

Morris can adapt and will adapt the playbook to the personnel. He lives for it and thrives in it.

Wouldn't be surprised to see TE's split out, put in motion, running corner routes, motioning out to hit crackback blocks on sweeps and off tackle runs, or see TE's used as a blocker in the backfield.

Would be fun to see TE's used on play action dive and sneak past LBrs playing too aggressive.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

HamGrowsOnTrees

yep, with our tight ends ill be shocked if they are not split out a lot. CBB did a good job of recruiting very athletic TEs