Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For those saying the UofA HC has to have a unique offense to draw recruits

Started by hogsanity, September 20, 2017, 08:42:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: jst01 on September 20, 2017, 04:08:12 pm
But if you are a school that cant have both, do you focus on scoring and scoring a lot OR do you focus on defense?

See....we ain't ever going to recruit on the defensive side of the ball to beat Bama...etc...but if you get a coach who runs a unique system and is smart enough to exploit defense's and recruit Texas with reckless abandon....We will win...and every 3, 4 years, we will be in the mix for nice things...

You have to build around skilled offensive players and compliment the defense with 3 stars that you can coach up and are proud to be hogs...that know what being a Hog is about and would run through a wall for the Hogs...be it they are undersized or whatnot..

PRJ

IronHog

Quote from: hogsanity on September 20, 2017, 08:42:47 am
are you advocating for the wishbone or veer? Because spread type offenses and read option type offenses are everywhere, it is not unique at all. A kid wanting to play in that type of offense has about 50 schools to choose from.

For the 100th time Arkansas needs a QB focused offense built on speed.

Man you're dense.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Wildhog on September 20, 2017, 11:19:24 am
I don't care if it's unique or not, but we have to run a system that plays to the type of players we can recruit.

If we can't produce a top flight OL, then a power running attack probably isn't going to work.

That is the issue. From the numbers there are far more 4 star big uglies to recruit than a 5 star QB, RB, or WR.

So I don't know why our online fell off. I do know Pittman complained about not recruiting enough. We shouldn't be having these issues with our oline.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on September 20, 2017, 01:50:00 pm
The overwhelming majority of the teams that run the spread, do so using the HUNH concept. The Power Spread that Petrino ran at Arkansas didn't use the HUNH concept and was therefore, unique. Petrino however, IS using the HUNH concept at Louisville. I never have liked the HUNH concept.

And you have proof that it is an overwhelming majority of teams running the spread do so with the HUNH? No you don't.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

LZH

Don't know how many times I have to say it, but it doesn't make that much difference what kind of offense you run as long as you have a good coach who knows what he is doing and the right kind of athletes to run that offense. It really is that simple.