Started by Hoggie17, September 13, 2017, 06:51:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggie17

What's CBB buyout January 1, 2019?

Großer Kriegschwein

Something to the tune of $6.4 million
This is my non-signature signature.

Hoggie17

Why not hire a new coach at the end of this year and give him the title of co head coach.  His duties will be to take all duties of HC, recruiting everything. Make CBB a figure head co head coach with no duties. Keep him on until January 1, 2019. Then buy him out. Let him keep his office, meet people what ever he wants to do. His salary plus 6.4 million would make it very manageable.  Let him openly look for another job.  The AD could even help. He might get another job and we would only be out a years salary.  I know many people love him so this way we would keep those people happy.

Although CBB is very likeable, he is not a good fit for the Arkansas Job.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 13, 2017, 07:10:30 am
Why not hire a new coach at the end of this year and give him the title of co head coach.  His duties will be to take all duties of HC, recruiting everything. Make CBB a figure head co head coach with no duties. Keep him on until January 1, 2019. Then buy him out. Let him keep his office, meet people what ever he wants to do. His salary plus 6.4 million would make it very manageable.  Let him openly look for another job.  The AD could even help. He might get another job and we would only be out a years salary.  I know many people love him so this way we would keep those people happy.

Although CBB is very likeable, he is not a good fit for the Arkansas Job.

Why keep him around? Right now his buyout will prett much equal his salary.  Pay him his $15.4M over the next 51 or so months like his contract states and be done with him. No one that wanted nutt gone would've been ok with him hanging around the program, so why Bielema?? And he's worse than nutt.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HoggyCat on September 13, 2017, 07:14:51 am
Why keep him around? Right now his buyout will prett much equal his salary.  Pay him his $15.4M over the next 51 or so months like his contract states and be done with him. No one that wanted nutt gone would've been ok with him hanging around the program, so why Bielema?? And he's worse than nutt.

Nice to know you are going to write that check for 51 straight months.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Hoggie17

Fla State Hired Jimbo Fisher and called him the Head Coach in waiting, so we would not be cutting new ground.

rhames

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 13, 2017, 07:29:26 am
Fla State Hired Jimbo Fisher and called him the Head Coach in waiting, so we would not be cutting new ground.

Totally different situation.  You understand that, right?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Inhogswetrust

September 13, 2017, 07:32:12 am #8 Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 06:34:55 pm by Inhogswetrust

So which assistant we currently have are you wanting to get that title.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Texas hire Wil Muschamp as their HC in waiting, too..........

Hoggie17

Chip Kelly wants back in the college game and we could get him if  enough money was on the table. There are many coaches that can win here, we just fired one, BP. But I am convinced that Chip Kelly would be a winner right away. He has a style that works. 

Hoggie17

Quote from: ricepig on September 13, 2017, 07:33:28 am
Texas hire Wil Muschamp as their HC in waiting, too..........
He would have had the job had he waited.  I am talking about letting the new coach take over from day 1.

rhames

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 13, 2017, 07:35:27 am
Chip Kelly wants back in the college game and we could get him if  enough money was on the table. There are many coaches that can win here, we just fired one, BP. But I am convinced that Chip Kelly would be a winner right away. He has a style that works. 

Yeah. But we don't have an opening. And bearing some total collapse we will stumble ourselves into another 6 to 7 win season.  He isn't going anywhere this year. I am not saying don't be upset but expecting change and then not getting it is going to make people even more upset. It isn't happening

Chip will be at A&M or Auburn or an oc in the NFL

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

rhames

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 13, 2017, 07:39:12 am
He would have had the job had he waited.  I am talking about letting the new coach take over from day 1.

So in your plan....we keep Bielema as HC....hire chip Kelly to be secret head cosch....then profit??

In what fantasy world would either of those 2 guys agree to that??

RazorbackAlways

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 13, 2017, 06:51:31 am
What's CBB buyout January 1, 2019?

I dont think we can wait that long.

buldozer

One thing I have learned in the last 5 years is that CBB seems to step in it on average about once or twice a year by running his big mouth. I would go ahead and find a new head coach for next season if I was JL, and then just wait for big mouth CBB to shoot off his mouth again and stir up some controversy and then I would pull the trigger on his Morals Clause and be done with him.

This is not a far fetched scenario based on his prior counseling from JL and the SEC Commissioner for past indiscretions and the respect JL has based on his handling of Petrino.

Hoggie17

Quote from: rhames on September 13, 2017, 07:41:36 am

So in your plan....we keep Bielema as HC....hire chip Kelly to be secret head cosch....then profit??

Rhames, do you want to bring in a new HC that can win which will involve thinking out of the box or just wring our hands and keep a coach that is not a good fit for our job. You have to keep the good Hog fans like that like CBB, while recognizing that he just isn't cutting it. It's much easier to think of reasons to keep CBB.

clutch

Quote from: rhames on September 13, 2017, 07:41:36 am

Yeah, I want some of whatever he's on. It's some good stuff apparently.

So much crazy in that who thought process. Plus, there are going to be a lot easier jobs open up than Arkansas this year. Chip is taking a job with a big recruiting advantage if he takes a college job.

Hoggie17

Quote from: RazorbackAlways on September 13, 2017, 07:46:34 am
I dont think we can wait that long.
That's correct we can't wait that long so we have to think of a creative way at the end of the this season and get a jump on at least 3 top jobs that will open at the end of 2019 season.

rhames

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 13, 2017, 07:51:14 am
Rhames, do you want to bring in a new HC that can win which will involve thinking out of the box or just wring our hands and keep a coach that is not a good fit for our job. You have to keep the good Hog fans like that like CBB, while recognizing that he just isn't cutting it. It's much easier to think of reasons to keep CBB.

Obviously I want a coach that can win. I, however, don't live in a fantasy world where I think there is an option where we keep Bret as the HC and bring in anyone of merit to be a "coach in waiting" 

It doesn't work that way.

L

NuttinItUp

This thread made me dumber.

Hoggie17

If Jerry Jones would open his wallet up and buy him out problem solved.  I am putting our options that might work, instead of shooting my idea down help by coming up with a better plan, because CBB is not working out.  We all know it.

rhames

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 13, 2017, 08:00:14 am
If Jerry Jones would open his wallet up and buy him out problem solved.  I am putting our options that might work, instead of shooting my idea down help by coming up with a better plan, because CBB is not working out.  We all know it.

But your options are unrealistic. There really isn't much option other than what has been said over and over

Maybe you should email Jerry. See how that goes!

AirWarren

Quote from: rhames on September 13, 2017, 08:04:48 am

But your options are unrealistic. There really isn't much option other than what has been said over and over

This message board has gone full blown ignorant.

Good grief.

Kevin

chip Kelly is a win at all cost coach.

long does not hire those coaches. cause he does not care about winning. do not let him lie to you.

but when a team is winning, he will find a way to get on camera
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

rhames

Quote from: AP85 on September 13, 2017, 08:06:43 am
This message board has gone full blown ignorant.

Good grief.

How is what I posted ignorant?

clutch

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 13, 2017, 08:00:14 am

Why would Jerry do that? Just because he is a billionaire and played for the Hogs? That doesn't mean he should have to open up his wallet and fork over $15 million. That's no small amount, even to him. Jerry isn't going to pay to have a coach fired anyways. If Jerry gives money, it's going to be to have something built more than likely.

Hoggie17

Quote from: clutch on September 13, 2017, 08:24:10 am
Why would Jerry do that? Just because he is a billionaire and played for the Hogs? That doesn't mean he should have to open up his wallet and fork over $15 million. That's no small amount, even to him. Jerry isn't going to pay to have a coach fired anyways. If Jerry gives money, it's going to be to have something built more than likely.
Clutch you are right, nothing is going to happen for the this year and until the end of next year and if everyone is like you nothing until CBB retires. Are you happy now?

AirWarren

Quote from: rhames on September 13, 2017, 08:18:12 am

How is what I posted ignorant?

Not you.

All the threads made about how the buyout can be done. Tommy tuberville and the rest of the ridiculous names thrown around, the moaning etc.

nwahogfan1

Let the season play out. If CBB only wins a few games fire him and take the buy out money from Longs salary over 5 years for being so dumb to load up CBB buyout.  Lol

clutch

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 13, 2017, 08:43:29 am
Clutch you are right, nothing is going to happen for the this year and until the end of next year and if everyone is like you nothing until CBB retires. Are you happy now?

How do my feelings have any impact on if Jerry should spend $15 million of his own money or not? Would I like a different coach right now? Sure. Do I think any former player should pay the massive buyout to make the fans happy? Heck no. That's just dumb. Who are we to tell someone how to spend their own money?

Don't get mad at me because you thought up two ridiculously stupid thoughts in one thread and try to say I'm the problem. People with expectations like you are a bigger problem. Expecting the unattainable. Chip as a secret assistant under Bielema? Seriously?

ricepig

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 13, 2017, 07:51:14 am

Ok, just send Jeff a check for $8M/yr for Chip, and get Bret to go along, and then I think you have it. Get back to us when this fantasy comes to fruition.

jackflash

I for one don't believe coach will be fired

Pecos Hog

You mean for BB, right?   Or, if JL has one maybe you're referring to him?

HoggyCat

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 13, 2017, 07:18:36 am

Who's going to write he check to make up the difference when he athletic dept is losing $5M+ per season due to lack of ticket sales. There's already people that I know that are calling and getting refunds on 2017 ticket purchases.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

lawhawg20

Keyboards should have breathalyzers...

prattville pig

boy, people just don't have a clue
Life's too short to last long.

Athog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 13, 2017, 07:18:36 am

Now go to you room and save up before school starts! Put your money up!

Athog

Quote from: buldozer on September 13, 2017, 07:50:20 am
One thing I have learned in the last 5 years is that CBB seems to step in it on average about once or twice a year by running his big mouth. I would go ahead and find a new head coach for next season if I was JL, and then just wait for big mouth CBB to shoot off his mouth again and stir up some controversy and then I would pull the trigger on his Morals Clause and be done with him.

This is not a far fetched scenario based on his prior counseling from JL and the SEC Commissioner for past indiscretions and the respect JL has based on his handling of Petrino.

Man a breath test is not enough!! This is ignorance gone to seed!!!

Michael D Huff AIA

Quote from: HoggyCat on September 13, 2017, 04:06:44 pm
Who's going to write he check to make up the difference when he athletic dept is losing $5M+ per season due to lack of ticket sales. There's already people that I know that are calling and getting refunds on 2017 ticket purchases.

(attempting to get the conversation back between the ditches)

Wouldn't hiring Chip Kelly as our coach immediately change the recruiting landscape and simultaneously excite the fan base?

Sometimes it's better to cut bait and move on.  This is year 5 and we aren't catching any fish.

Redhogs

Quote from: lawhawg20 on September 13, 2017, 04:13:43 pm
Keyboards should have breathalyzers...
Best post of the day. ;D ;D ;D
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

DoubleReedHawgCaller

It's like everyone is just bobbing their balls up and down on the keyboard around here...
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

TebowHater

Question I haven't seen posted but sure it has...

What is the clause in Bielema's contract if he were to get another head coaching job? There is often a clause in there that would drastically reduce the buyout if he were to do this. Now, being a new dad and not having to work probably would be appealing to him, so I am not suggesting that he would even go for a new job - but if he did, is there a change in the buyout?

ricepig

I'm afraid I'd have to see a little more proof on this, right now I'm calling b.s.

ricepig

Quote from: rhames on September 13, 2017, 08:04:48 am

I'll give him his cellphone number, or actually Gene's if you wish to call her and have her ask Jerry.

ricepig

Quote from: TebowHater on September 13, 2017, 06:15:24 pm
Question I haven't seen posted but sure it has...

What is the clause in Bielema's contract if he were to get another head coaching job? There is often a clause in there that would drastically reduce the buyout if he were to do this. Now, being a new dad and not having to work probably would be appealing to him, so I am not suggesting that he would even go for a new job - but if he did, is there a change in the buyout?

Sure, any amount he earns elsewhere is deducted from the buyout.

Inhogswetrust

People always give up tickets to games every year at every school. The question is how many and how much. People die, get in financial straits or bad health, etc. We are not going to lose $5 million per year on a lack of ticket sales. Besides it's real easy to say what you would do with OPTHER people's money. Either pony up and pay the damn buyout or be quiet.

Tusks

Hey everybody, rice has Jerry's cell phone number.

He is gawd like.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ricepig

Quote from: tusked on September 13, 2017, 06:42:46 pm
Hey everybody, rice has Jerry's cell phone number.

He is gawd like.
Actually, I said Gene's, kinfolk.

Swestwill66